Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 12:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued

tata motors has given the indigo cs the new indigo's face, unlike the earlier one which had xeta's face.
beige interiors are standard on all varients.
GLX, LX and LX dicor get new analogue clock.
XL grand is discontinued, a new varient XL standard is introduced in petrol which is 15,000 cheaper than XL classic 1.4 16v twin cam petrol.
Attached Thumbnails
CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00278.jpg  

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00279.jpg  

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00280.jpg  

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00281.jpg  

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00282.jpg  

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00283.jpg  

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00284.jpg  

CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued-dsc00285.jpg  

Old 11th February 2009, 12:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice pictures.. Now we feel that Tata is exploiting the 1st Gen Indica Platform a little too much.. after seeing the VISTA roll out
Old 11th February 2009, 12:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

The CS suddenly looks bigger! And that analogue clock looks a tad cheap to me.
Old 11th February 2009, 12:30   #4
Team-BHP Support

The rear looks ugly with a non-protruding bumper.
Old 11th February 2009, 12:42   #5
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this may be a migration plan to move towards a single Indigo (cs and non cs) so that the new Indigo based on the Vista Platform would be distinct from the current versions.

Else they would end up with three Indigo varients in 3 sizes when the new one is introduced.

So in the long run we may see the current Indigo continued only in the cs varient with all trim levels and engine options available in the current Indigo.

Also possibly in the long run the Indigo XL would be switched towards only having an Vista Platform based Indigo XL. A premium XL based on the older platform would just not sell along with a Vista Platform Indigo, which in size terms would be quite close to the XL.

I believe that if the above guestimates to turn out to be true and i hope they do then the product line would be very exhaustive with distinct sets of customers.
Old 11th February 2009, 12:47   #6
BHPian

The steering wheel of the CS looks much better than the Vista steering wheel
Old 11th February 2009, 12:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wow I had liked the new Indigo front end & with this on the CS it makes it even more attractive. I have always admired CS for its looks & practicality now only if they had a better engine(QJD ), the steering less in your face minus Tata issues, I would have loved to pick up one.
Old 11th February 2009, 12:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

they should have put in the vista's face on it..
the steering looks weird.
the rear bumper looks as it doesn't exist.
Old 11th February 2009, 13:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The rear looks ugly with a non-protruding bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
The steering wheel of the CS looks much better than the Vista steering wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
they should have put in the vista's face on it..
the steering looks weird.
the rear bumper looks as it doesn't exist.
thats the bumper it always had. its just that the current view isnt very flattering

most people think the steering wheel of the indica better than that of the CS ( the CS one isnt as practical)
Old 11th February 2009, 14:07   #10
BHPian

Nice to here that TATA is improving their quality.

It has started from Vista (a really improved version of Indica)

In future we can expect some good cars from TATA.
Old 11th February 2009, 14:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good move by Tata. It just makes, the CS, that much better looking.
In all probability they would stop the regular Indigo now to make way for the Indigo Vista.
Old 11th February 2009, 14:28   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Price that you pay for a CS and add to it these improvements makes it even more VFM. The CS in red color looks real cute.
Old 11th February 2009, 14:39   #13
BHPian

Whatever the TATAs do, their product still has that cheap quality feel.The dash is one among the ugliest one money can buy (subjective). Especially the center console with that aluminum finish really not the expected quality from a current generation manufacturer. And I still dont know why the power window switches are put up near the gear shift, which is pathetic.
Seeing the cars from tata stable (apart from Safari) , I feel their engineers are least bothered about making a beautiful and quality product. They are still in that 'truck' quality in the cars (though I've to say Vista is a big step forward)
Old 11th February 2009, 15:19   #14
BANNED

sidindica, any idea how much that 1.4 16v twin cam petrol engine costs?
Old 11th February 2009, 22:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpursuit View Post
Whatever the TATAs do, their product still has that cheap quality feel.The dash is one among the ugliest one money can buy (subjective). Especially the center console with that aluminum finish really not the expected quality from a current generation manufacturer. And I still dont know why the power window switches are put up near the gear shift, which is pathetic.
Seeing the cars from tata stable (apart from Safari) , I feel their engineers are least bothered about making a beautiful and quality product. They are still in that 'truck' quality in the cars (though I've to say Vista is a big step forward)
The power windows switch in Indica Vista is not near the gear shift. By the way if anybody still remembers the Ford Orion had power windows switch near the gear shift.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. All Tata vehicles may be with the exception of Sumo has really good looks, Latest Indica looked much better than Santro or Zen or Estillo or WagonR. The Vista and Grande also looks quite cool, refurbished Indigo also looks quite OK. Even Indigo CS has a very neat look. And now they have removed that stange Xeta face

But since these cars are so economical to run, almost all the Taxi drivers operate it and this effects our perception about Tata cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks