Old 17th February 2010, 10:53   #166
Senior - BHPian

what can be deduced, is xylo a better choice than Innova
Old 17th February 2010, 13:46   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
what can be deduced, is xylo a better choice than Innova
Well it is a personal perception and based on factors like budget, usability, brand value and other attributes.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:25   #168
BHPian

I have never sat in a Xylo so i do not know how it rides. But after browsing the features online, i must say its VFM big time. But it looks like it has a hemorrhoid up its behind. A -100 for looks. As for the Innova, it rides like an angel, generous room for passengers. Awesome suspension. And a god sent A/C which turns the car to mini Antartica even in the peak of summer. It looks civilized and sheer road presence make me believe that Innova would be the better choice.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:41   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
I have never sat in a Xylo so i do not know how it rides. But after browsing the features online, i must say its VFM big time. But it looks like it has a hemorrhoid up its behind. A -100 for looks. As for the Innova, it rides like an angel, generous room for passengers. Awesome suspension. And a god sent A/C which turns the car to mini Antartica even in the peak of summer. It looks civilized and sheer road presence make me believe that Innova would be the better choice.
Innova is no doubt a superb product but please remember, the 3rd row seating is absolute awesome even for a 6' person in the Xylo. Also the top end version of the Xylo with all goodies is about 8.5 Ex-showroom - good 3 lakhs cheaper than the Innova top end.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:45   #170
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that's what I heard from someone who purchased a Xylo - that the 3rd row seating is fantastic - better than Innova's.

Absolute VFM product.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:50   #171
BHPian

If it is such good value for money, how come its road presence is limited compared to Innova? I mean, i was researching Xylo vs Innova and came to the conclusion that Xylo is more powerful and better equipped than the Innova. But, is it as reliable as Innova?
Old 18th February 2010, 15:37   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it is such good value for money, how come its road presence is limited compared to Innova? I mean, i was researching Xylo vs Innova and came to the conclusion that Xylo is more powerful and better equipped than the Innova. But, is it as reliable as Innova?
Sir, two very humble questions:
  1. What do you mean by road presence?
  2. What is your definition of Reliability?
Having driven one for more than a month, I feel I can safely comment on the Xylo.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:31   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
by road presence, i think you mean more innovas are seen on the road, right?

reliability of innova will be higher but cost of ownership of the xylo will be lesser!
Old 18th February 2010, 16:38   #174
BHPian

Assuming Innova is better overall in fit and finish and ride quality which is something that is debatable but few are willing to debate on it. I personally think the Xylo is better.

Has the global Toyota recall for flaws affected the Innova as yet or are they waiting to deal with the mess in the 1st world and then realize that the product has flaws in India as well.

I mean is there an Indian perception switch towards Japanese reliability or has the reputation they built up over years been affected.

Just curious.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:26   #175
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted everyone to know that even though Toyota is acclaimed world wide for its engineering capabilities, Mahindra is no slouch either. They are the First Tractor Company in the world to win the famed Deming's Prize which is given by none other than "Japanese Union of Scientist & Engineers" and is very hard to get.

The other Indian companies to have received it are Sundaram Clayton and recently TATA Steel.

So it is time we stop going gaga about Japanese reliability and look at our growing engineering prowess!
Old 18th February 2010, 19:30   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
by road presence, i think you mean more innovas are seen on the road, right?

reliability of innova will be higher but cost of ownership of the xylo will be lesser!
Hi Raj, yes by road presence i mean the numbers itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Sir, two very humble questions:
  1. What do you mean by road presence?
  2. What is your definition of Reliability?
Having driven one for more than a month, I feel I can safely comment on the Xylo.
Hello Mile Cruncher, nice to know you have a Xylo. It definitely has some eye popping features for an even more eye popping price. VFM to the core!
1. Road presence: The number of innovas vs the number of xylos. Now I understand that the Xylo has not been around for as long as the Innova, but yet compared to other vehicles launched during the same time period, I have not seen many Xylos around. The new face lifted Innovas seem to be out selling them (I may be wrong here.)
2. Reliability: To me it includes a lot like- longevity, prone to breakdowns, engine issues, small niggles that annoy like windows rattling, etc.
Now with respect to point 2, Xylo is a very new vehicle and cannot be judged on a majority of the points mentioned here. HOWEVER, I have seen Innovas which have an odo reading of 1 lac+ kms and still run like a gem and command high resale value. SO, with respect to Xylo's build is it capable of the same in the long run?

I would never undermine an Indian manufacturer. Mahindra is in fact a premier car maker, but many people are skeptical of going for the Xylo and I want to know why (me including! the above reasons are the ones as to why I would prefer Innova to Xylo, given the choice).
Old 18th February 2010, 20:04   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Just wanted everyone to know that even though Toyota is acclaimed world wide for its engineering capabilities, Mahindra is no slouch either. They are the First Tractor Company in the world to win the famed Deming's Prize which is given by none other than "Japanese Union of Scientist & Engineers" and is very hard to get.

The other Indian companies to have received it are Sundaram Clayton and recently TATA Steel.

So it is time we stop going gaga about Japanese reliability and look at our growing engineering prowess!
very well said.

now this was new info to me, thanks.

Quote:
1. Road presence: The number of innovas vs the number of xylos. Now I understand that the Xylo has not been around for as long as the Innova, but yet compared to other vehicles launched during the same time period, I have not seen many Xylos around. The new face lifted Innovas seem to be out selling them (I may be wrong here.)
i would say the styling as the main culprit here.

Quote:
2. Reliability: To me it includes a lot like- longevity, prone to breakdowns, engine issues, small niggles that annoy like windows rattling, etc.
Now with respect to point 2, Xylo is a very new vehicle and cannot be judged on a majority of the points mentioned here. HOWEVER, I have seen Innovas which have an odo reading of 1 lac+ kms and still run like a gem and command high resale value. SO, with respect to Xylo's build is it capable of the same in the long run?
build quality of innova is definitely superior, so is reliability. but that does not mean the xylo will break down after 50k kms. engine & gearbox of mahindras is something you can blindly trust. the car may squeak & rattle, but the engine will keep going on & on & on.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 18th February 2010 at 20:07.
Old 18th February 2010, 22:47   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Mile Cruncher, nice to know you have a Xylo. It definitely has some eye popping features for an even more eye popping price. VFM to the core!

I would never undermine an Indian manufacturer. Mahindra is in fact a premier car maker, but many people are skeptical of going for the Xylo and I want to know why (me including! the above reasons are the ones as to why I would prefer Innova to Xylo, given the choice).
First things first: No I don't own a Xylo but had it for 1 month as a replacement to my Bolero. Let me also clarify that I hate the way it looks and I don't like the driving position. Actually I don't like the driving position of Scorpio or Safari either.

Road Presence: I don't know about the exact numbers sold viz -a-viz Innova but I'm sure on Pan - India basis there wouldn't be too much difference between them.

Reliability: I travelled last September to Ladakh and was surprised ..sorry.. astonished to see that the entire Ladakh Taxi Union has been taken over by Xylo E4 and it seems they are running beautifully without any trouble.

If the Xylo can take the abuse of Ladakh (one of the harshest terrain in the world), I'm definitely sure it can run a Lac+ km in the city with ease.

Also I'm not advocating that you should buy a Xylo, because at the end of the day, its your choice, your money.

But I would definitely like to tell you that Xylo is a very capable vehicle.
Old 19th February 2010, 09:34   #179
Senior - BHPian

Indianchiefrsd. At the outset I think you should first drive a Xylo extensively over long distances. Of course the Innova is more refined. Yet...

Last edited by beejay : 19th February 2010 at 09:39.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:02   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

i would say the styling as the main culprit here.
Yes, I definitely agree with you on this, Raj.
Regarding the rear end looks of the Xylo, I think it's the huge blank area below the rear number plate which is the culprit. Can this not be taken care either by an aftermarket solution, let's say by adding some cladding (similar to the cladding seen on the Scorpio. Oops, there's the risk of the Xylo turning out to look like the Scorpio, which in hindsight, pun intended, may not be so bad after all).

Or maybe the blank rear area could be painted aesthetically.

The front end looks good on the Xylos which have been fitted with aesthetic nudge guards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks