Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 11:12   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
You are welcome, Advise is something I always like to give. After all its free.

Now, what I meant relates to some of your previous posts.

1. You were of opinion that the Innova can be tweaked by a Petes box to gain performance.

2. Slide the middle row forward for better 3rd row space.

Now both 1 and 2 can be done for the Xylo, too cant it?

No doubt, the Innova is a good car. Congratulations on your buy. Drive safe.
While making a purchase, you make the decision by making a list of primary drivers, and then see if the secondary drivers are fulfilled too.

These were comments to help someone who wanted to buy the Innova for a majority of the primary drivers (Quality, reliability, feel, look) but was missing out on these two things where the Xylo is obviously better (third row space and pickup).

We should all try to make our points without getting personal.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 20th November 2010 at 11:16.
Old 20th November 2010, 18:37   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
By the way, you can only slide it forward in the 7 seater version
Not true. Innova seats slide in both 7/8 seater variants.
It is the 7 Seater of only the base variant where seats dont slide.
Old 20th November 2010, 19:17   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Not true. Innova seats slide in both 7/8 seater variants.
It is the 7 Seater of only the base variant where seats dont slide.
Ok. Point taken. Maybe the versions I have been exposed to did not have this. But, coming back to the main point - An Innova just does not offer as much space, as does a Xylo. IMO, I'd stick to a Xylo any day; but to each man his own.
Old 20th November 2010, 19:51   #244
BHPian

Few cents from me..

Last week we went on a test drive spree for my bro in law who is planning to upgrade to a UV/SUV. Vehicles in list were Innova, Scorpio, Xylo. Safari was excluded from this list as i have one already.
I would not like to comment much on Innova as its been discussed a lot. Obviously both my BIL and Sister liked it very much. Scorpio was really refreshing good given the zippy pick up and loads of torque at low end of the rpm. It was a little bouncy but i should admit i liked it better than the Safari in the performance department. Last was the Xylo test drive. To start with it felt good when we looked at the interiors - spacious, airy and different styling but on closer inspection we found the quality of plastic and utilities to be really cheap. The drive was not that great at lower speeds. Lot of vibration on the gear lever and steering was feeling most of what the front suspension was going through. At higher speeds it was a more refined and smooth. If xylo and innova are compared then xylo would only score more on the price. Finally we eliminated safari and xylo. Now the race is between Innova and Scorpio... Lets see who wins this game.
chaxy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks