Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 22:51   #46
BANNED

Why are we comparing oranges with apples.

A Xylo cannot be put alongside an Innova. C'mon guys

Innova is a different category of a MUV altogether. Its a class apart.

Compare a Xylo with the Sumo Grande. That makes sense.

Xylo and the Sumo Grande are the same class of MUV's.

Lets see how they fare in comparision. At the end Xylo will go the Sumo Grande's way.
Old 14th February 2009, 08:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

NOW why cant we compare innova & xylo???

when the xylo was launched, all the BHPians were comparing it to the innova, not the grande.... whether it was for fit/finish or reliability, it was always compared to the innova! i agree that is not fair but that was what was happening in T-BHP! you can even read my posts in the xylo threads regarding this.

and why do we always say 'innova is a class apart'? is it because it is toyota? and we are ready to swallow whatever toyota throws at us? i feel toyota knows this attitude of indians & hence they are free to exploit us! i agree its a real good machine but its really overpriced, especially when compared to the xylo.
P.S.: no offence to innova owners pls! nothing personal.

i dont feel xylo will go the grande way! grande was a blunder by tata. it did not even receive the initial response which xylo got. xylo has already received 8000+ bookings which i am doubtful the grande has sold till now!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th February 2009 at 08:13.
Old 14th February 2009, 09:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Many people are support of the Toyota. but dont we feel that Innova's price has been tagged higher than it is supposed to be. There is many silly/small thing that is not available in Stingy Toyota Brand. I believe this Innova is running in India from Past 6-8 yrs.
If I know, Innova was launched in mid-2005. As a Toyota owner, they may be stingy for some, but my personal experience shows no stinginess in customer service, and absolutely no stinginess in the quality of parts put in the car.
Old 14th February 2009, 19:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
NOW why cant we compare innova & xylo???

when the xylo was launched, all the BHPians were comparing it to the innova, not the grande.... whether it was for fit/finish or reliability, it was always compared to the innova! i agree that is not fair but that was what was happening in T-BHP! you can even read my posts in the xylo threads regarding this.

and why do we always say 'innova is a class apart'? is it because it is toyota? and we are ready to swallow whatever toyota throws at us? i feel toyota knows this attitude of indians & hence they are free to exploit us! i agree its a real good machine but its really overpriced, especially when compared to the xylo.
P.S.: no offence to innova owners pls! nothing personal.

i dont feel xylo will go the grande way! grande was a blunder by tata. it did not even receive the initial response which xylo got. xylo has already received 8000+ bookings which i am doubtful the grande has sold till now!
but i guess 80% of the xylo bookings are for commercial use i mean taxi segment. fit finish drivability and comfort innova still leads the MUV market
Old 14th February 2009, 21:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
but i guess 80% of the xylo bookings are for commercial use i mean taxi segment. fit finish drivability and comfort innova still leads the MUV market
Ironic! M&M deliberately did not make it available in the mandatory white colour that taxi operators want!
Or maybe they are a step ahead of the game and know that a lot of taxis now do not opt for the yellow number plate! Registration is done as a 'private' vehicle and the vehicle does 100% taxi duty, masquerading as a private car!
Yes, that's the new mantra in Delhi and many places up north!
Old 14th February 2009, 22:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
officially, Xylos are not sold to taxi market. all the xylos i have seen on road carry white number plates.

50% of innovas on the road are taxis too!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th February 2009 at 22:58.
Old 16th February 2009, 09:45   #52

Innova is a tough act to match

I haven't driven the Xylo, but I have read a lot about it on the website, so whatever is said, needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Ok here goes, the Xylo, in terms of looks does not even come close to the Innova. It is quite surprising, considering the same guys designed the "macho" Scorpio. So there is one area where the Xylo loses points. Secondly, the interiors, however comfortable they are, cannot be half as good as that of the Innova's. As per me, and quite a few of my acquaintances, Mahindra has a tendency of going overboard with the interiors, thus making the acceptable only for a few. The Innova on the other hand, has conventional interiors which a appeal to all. As I mentioned before, I haven't driven the Xylo, so i shall not comment on that, but as far as the Innova is concerned, it is extremely driver-friendly (even in the city). And last but not the least, the brand name. Toyota versus Mahindra. That is where a lot of people would make their decision, not taking any of their credentials away from M&M, from what I have observed, the Indian customer has a tendency of choosing the Japs over us.
All the above would be feeble things for an auto junkie, but these are what are deciding factors for a common person planning to buy a family car.
Your views maybe different and I respect those.
Cheers
Old 16th February 2009, 09:49   #53

Quote:
officially, Xylos are not sold to taxi market. all the xylos i have seen on road carry white number plates.

50% of innovas on the road are taxis too!
Give it time. I am pretty sure Xylos would find their way in the Taxi segment. Especially with the pricing and the space.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova anyday for its build quality, gem diesel motor, handling & the toyota quality & reliability!

Mahindra Xylo for its pricing and practicality which is a good VFM package. But I was never impressed by the build quality or the quality of materials used inside! The dashboard looked shabby to me.

And the Xylo defenitely needs to be compared with a different MUV and not the Innova for sure! May be when Tata brings its MUV on board we will have a class comparison!

Last edited by anachronix : 16th February 2009 at 11:36.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:24   #55
BHPian

I would really love to see M&M making ABS & Airbags an option atleast in Xylo.

that would be the next thing for me in the Xylo
Old 16th February 2009, 14:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

everybody is talking about toyota's quality here. does it apply to paint quality too?

just yesterday when i was reversing my innova, i dint notice a plastic chair behind & i just touched it (literally touch, i did not drag it as the reverse sensors were beeping) at a speed of maybe 3-5 kmph. i did not even car about it considering it was just a plastic chair! today i noticed the PLASTIC CHAIR has left a mark on the bumper as well as the boot. that is toyota's paint quality. SOME toyota innova owners may agree.

this is not an indication of its overall reliabilty, i know. but even toyotas are stingy people.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:49   #57
BANNED

The only 2 cars that are presently under the same category are these.

Why not compare them, Innova is too far away.
Attached Thumbnails
Innova V/S Xylo-parking_1024x7681.jpg  

Innova V/S Xylo-dsc_0156.jpg  

Innova V/S Xylo-mahindraxylophoto2.jpg  

Innova V/S Xylo-mahindraxylophoto3.jpg  

Old 16th February 2009, 15:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

yes pavan, here you go- the comparo between sumo grande & xylo attached.

also, there is a minor error in the first comparo between xylo & innova, even xylo has 2 power outlets. so i am uploading the rectified version of that too!
Attached Files
File Type: xls xylo-grande.xls (24.0 KB, 450 views)
File Type: xls xylo-innova.xls (24.0 KB, 428 views)
Old 16th February 2009, 17:21   #59
BHPian

Innova for years have been compared to the Scorpio, so why it cant be compared to Xylo which has the same (modified) engine as the old Scorpio, it has more of a MUV/MPV looks like the Innova, it has more or less the same seating capacity as the Innova. I think it is fine to compare Xylo with Innova, the main reason for Xylo, Sumo Grande and soon to be launched Indicruz (Xover) is to eat into Innova's market who has had a decent run only because of lack of competition in its segment.
Old 16th February 2009, 17:41   #60

Any reply

Quote:
hi zappo, i just know noted that you have got confused somewhere.

the wheelbase of xylo is more than the innova but its the innova which is 60 mm more in length, NOT the xylo.

xylo wheelbase: 2760 mm
innova wheelbase: 2750 mm

xylo length: 4520 mm
innova length: 4580 mm

so according to your post, its the INNOVA which has a larger overhang. xylo is shorter in length plus it has a larger wheelbase.
No reply Zappo ?

I guess if he is right then you have reviewed Xylo very partially favouring innova.
I am not a big fan of xylo myself, but really appreciate the car when it comes to pricing...Should teach toyota a lesson or two about pricing in india when theres competition.
If mahindra wants to really take it up with toyota, then they better pay attention to details, quality and reliability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks