Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 23:07   #106
Senior - BHPian

Simply down to the money. Have it, go for the Innova. Else, nothing like the Xylo at it's price turf.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:43   #107
BHPian

I would prefer Innova rather than getting a Xylo...
Old 10th March 2009, 23:56   #108
BHPian

Xylo may be cheaper to buy but the effective incvestment will be more. How?
1. Resale value of Toyotas.
2. Maintanence. Class leading Toyota reliability
And it should be noted that most of Innova sales happens in the G and V variants who are less price sensitive.
Old 11th March 2009, 11:58   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
Xylo may be cheaper to buy but the effective investment will be more. How?
1. Resale value of Toyotas.
2. Maintanence. Class leading Toyota reliability.

Two different points. Reliable they may be but Toyotas aren't exactly cheap to maintain. Expecially the Innova. Also, the price difference is large enough to compensate for the resale value difference. And we're assuming Xylo resales here, barely a few weeks after its launch.

Quote:
And it should be noted that most of Innova sales happens in the G and V variants who are less price sensitive.
Then your points are irrelevant to the prospective buyer.
Old 12th March 2009, 10:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
[/b]

Two different points. Reliable they may be but Toyotas aren't exactly cheap to maintain. Expecially the Innova. Also, the price difference is large enough to compensate for the resale value difference. And we're assuming Xylo resales here, barely a few weeks after its launch.

Then your points are irrelevant to the prospective buyer.
I have the similar thought?
Why do we think about the resale when we already pay a high premium for a car?
Also Why do we think about Diesel vehicles for cheaper fuel, when they are already comes with a high premium?
Old 12th March 2009, 12:08   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
From the looks perspective, with those rounded edges, Xylo is more competition to Sumo Grande than Innova.
Sumo Grande has no competition, as they hardly sell, even before Xylo's launch.
Old 12th March 2009, 16:49   #112
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Sumo Grande has no competition, as they hardly sell, even before Xylo's launch.
Two days ago on NDTV profit, Pawan Goenka was mentioning they have got booking for 7000+ Xylos and delivery possible only by April as per current production schedule
Old 13th March 2009, 07:16   #113
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

having read the latest issues of TopGear/ Autocar/ Overdrive etc etc
It seems pretty clear that when comparing between the Xylo and Innova, the Xylo packs a lot more stuff in it than the equivalent Innova and most importantly, at a price differential of 3 lacs or so!
Indians finally who are buying a vehicle in this segment will most certainly look for the best value for their hard earned money and in this, the Xylo clearly wins. Looks etc are very subjective - value/ consumer benefit is finally the decider - clearly this can be seen in the sales booking numbers of Xylo.
I ve been saying this all along on TBHP and atleast this once, am quite happy that even the "Motoring Journalists" feel the same!
Cheers
Old 13th March 2009, 12:39   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Two days ago on NDTV profit, Pawan Goenka was mentioning they have got booking for 7000+ Xylos and delivery possible only by April as per current production schedule
Its a family car. Xylo wins with the price! Competitors need to learn this especially Toyota - Their entire Indian Market is depending only this vehicle. If they have 7000+ books, certainly it is a bad news for Toyota. They can't go for a long with a Brand name and international reputation alone.

People are ready to buy any car if they feel they get the value for money!
Old 13th March 2009, 12:50   #115
BHPian

Sometime i just feel that Xylo is unfairly being pitted against Innova. For the same comforts in a Innova you have cough up 2 lacs more atleast. Its like comparing Chevy Spark with Fabia. Both are small cars, but 2 lacs away from each other.

I guess the ppl at Mahindra themselves dint want Xylo to be pitted against Innova, so only they when in with the line 'End of Sedan Era'. But what about Mahindra Logan?

Btw I have booked my a Xylo E8
Old 13th March 2009, 15:36   #116
Senior - BHPian

XYLO won't come close to Innova, Innova comes close to Sedan. The punch line "End of Sedan Era" is just JOKE. Now a days I cant see that in their Ad. This is wrong statement by M&M.

Innova come close to Sedan and even premium hatchback but they are anyday better than Innova in driving control/stability.

I could see my Swift Petrol with stock tyre used to cruise better than my Innova Petrol in terms of stability. However this does not mean Innova is bad in stability, its damm good and stands first in its class.

Xylo is good only for price factor, space, features and its NVH levels are excellant nothing else. I could spot so many funny looking design and bad quality items within 20 minutes of inspecting XYLO. M&M tried to copy few luxury features but they lack quality feel.

If we take quality, fit and finish XYLO is cheap looking vehicle while Innova is better than luxury!

Person who can spend 8 lacs would definately ready to spend 2 lacs extra to own Innova.

But its good that Innova has good/tough competition. I hope Toyota at least learn now and come with additional features and ABS on their G model.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 13th March 2009 at 15:42.
Old 13th March 2009, 17:06   #117
BHPian

still... my opinion is that its not fair to companre the two. They are 2 different cars and have their advantges and disadvantges. The one who's buying has to just see if the car suits his needs. For a preson living in middle of a forest Innova's and Xylo's are useless, for him a Gurkha or a even a M&M Jeep will be right. There is no point in comparing these cars with each other.

In view of ravi's opinion that a person willing to speng 8 lacs would be able to 10 lacs, well, I dont agree with that. I can afford 8 lacs at this time, but not 2 lacs more, not even 1 lac more.
Old 13th March 2009, 18:05   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
XYLO won't come close to Innova, Innova comes close to Sedan. The punch line "End of Sedan Era" is just JOKE. Now a days I cant see that in their Ad. This is wrong statement by M&M.
----------
But its good that Innova has good/tough competition. I hope Toyota at least learn now and come with additional features and ABS on their G model.

Ravi.

I fully agree

one should not go by the booking announcements, Xylo is sold at the cost of Scorpio, the last two months sales figures of Scorpio are 1300 & 1400 against agverage of 3600 of last year.

now since the Scorpio is brought back to life with facelift and the price correction

and success of new car cant be judge with in 2 months. remember Altis sold 2400 in first month and now its at 600 nos, so hold on.

in terms of product performance Xylo cant match Innova, one needs to really do extreme stunts with innova to confirm. how stable it is I have experienced it.

Xylo is higly unstable and poor on quality too by Indian manufaturers standardards mahindra has certainly done a good job but a "Era of" campaign is really a joke and does not suit to the way the product has come up, innova has certainly got the replacement of sendans space.

it was just a frustration of Mahindras against Dzire, which have taken all good volumes of logan. it doesnt work that way.

Xylo needs to compete in the urban market against innova, currently its sold in the semi urban or outskirts which is Mahindras strong hold.

so lets wait and watch.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Also please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th March 2009 at 18:56. Reason: Refer post
Old 13th March 2009, 20:38   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
But what about Mahindra Logan?
Mahindra Logan..could be Nissan's headache? ;-)
Old 13th March 2009, 22:10   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post

in terms of product performance Xylo cant match Innova, one needs to really do extreme stunts with innova to confirm. how stable it is I have experienced it.

Xylo is higly unstable and poor on quality too by Indian manufaturers standardards

Pray what tests have you conducted on the Xylo to say its not stable.
Since you say you have tested the Innova but don't say the same about the Xylo.

Most Viewed