Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 16:50   #31
BHPian

these are ridiculous! hope all honda owners see through this scam and that the quality of after-market accessories improves drastically!
Old 29th January 2010, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I saw an ANHC with the new optional grill and it looks hideous! The stock grill is far better.
Front grill looks horrible, make ANHC looks like NHC.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:38   #33
Team-BHP Support

Those optional 15" V-Spoke Enkei wheels look tasty! We might get them for our new yet-to-arrive Jazz.
Old 1st March 2010, 01:01   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I like all those accessories. will make the ANHC look even hotter! but too expensive to deal with. My BIL gifted me reverse parking sensors, horns and a pair of fog ligts of Accord and said that would cost a 1.5 lakhs! I never understood how it could be that expensive. And i have all those on my swift which is 6 lacs on road! 1.5 lakhs accessories on a 6 lakhs car! Damn! and the horns already conked off due to rains some 3-4 months earlier -- but that was a real good stuff! Anyone would just get away from my car if I honk once.

Same with the reverse parking sensors -- the Maruti guys had a tough time fitting it. They were thinking the sensors were malfunctioning when they found that it was beeping for things which were almost 10 feet away at the rear. Superb quality stuff but expensive!
Old 1st March 2010, 16:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

The only reason I would go the manufacturer/dealer to get these accessories is not to void the warranty.

Especially when it comes to electrical modifications (fog lamps, reverse parking sensors etc).

Having after market alloys also void the warranty, correct me if am wrong.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:33   #36
BHPian

Mudflaps - Guard against road debris

Never thought Honda as a company would be so cheap. Maruti 800 gets a set of mudflaps....
Old 1st March 2010, 18:51   #37
BHPian

Going through the entire list, even their warranty seems like a scam to me now! People would only buy most of the accessories from the dealers to avoid voiding it & end up paying tonnes more than they would for problems arising with the car without warranty!!
Honda's attitude has been high-handed to say the least. Let's hope they didn't stockpile the accessories in anticipation, lest they make a loss & pass it on to the customers
Old 1st March 2010, 18:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

The primary reason for this ridiculous prices are Honda is too lazy to source accessories locally, instead they just import it from their main manufacturing base somewhere in SE Asia (Thailand I think). So each time the component changes hands and are taxed, eg. The Thai Honda supply chain who source it for the Indian operations have their margin, this is then topped by Indian Import/duty charges, Honda India then add their margin and the respective taxes, reaches the dealer who then adds his margin, the local sales tax and whatever else.
Companies like Skoda and Honda use quality as an excuse when importing components, but the fact is we are one of the fastest growing component exporters in the world. These cos. should show more initiative in helping vendors localise required parts, achieve quality targets, reduce price and increases sales volumes, rather than be satisfied with the odd 30-40% localisation.
Guess its far easier to charge the premium based on brand value if people are ready to fall for it.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:55   #39
BHPian

Ridiculous prices. Well being a Honda City (Dolphin) owner myself, I`m not too thrilled at what Honda is doing. They are overpricing their products a great deal. Even after that they audaciously strip the car of major accessories and make the customer burn a hole in his pocket for basic things which should have been provided in the first place.
CD player for 13K is ridiculous. Front and rear bumper protector is an absolute shocker.!!!
Old 1st March 2010, 23:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

What?!! the mudguard costs Rs.3526. Mudflap for my linea costed me rs 610. is it made of gold?
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:51   #41
BHPian

Got a call from my honda dealer a week back saying that they are offering the alloys at a discount price and this was a limited period offer. According to him, the cost of 5 alloy wheels was Rs.35,500. I think earlier it was around Rs.55,000. How is this possible?
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:05   #42
BHPian

I have 2 choices for going with Honda dealer accessories

1) Its a FREEBIE
2) If it has to with Electrical Wirings

Else, i am not even looking at the list.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
Got a call from my honda dealer a week back saying that they are offering the alloys at a discount price and this was a limited period offer. According to him, the cost of 5 alloy wheels was Rs.35,500. I think earlier it was around Rs.55,000. How is this possible?
This is true, we had the same in Bangalore.

Reason I got from dealer,

Honda has two types of alloys for ANHC, one with 7spokes these are imported and one with 5 spokes are Indian made.

7 spokes had an excise duty earlier, which have been waived off by Indian gov and hence Honda is sharing it with customers. This is applicable only to 7spokes, 5 spokes were allways 5.4k/wheel.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
I have 2 choices for going with Honda dealer accessories

1) Its a FREEBIE
2) If it has to with Electrical Wirings

Else, i am not even looking at the list.
+1 Manju

We have better choices at much lower prices for all the accessories.
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Raghu, any pic of the other alloy in the accessories list. I only remember the Alloys which ANHC had in accessories during its launch period and the present 5-Spokes.

Last edited by tsk13 : 2nd March 2010 at 17:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks