Team-BHP - Cool Accessories for Honda City :-) - Honda does it again :-(
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cool Accessories for Honda City :-) - Honda does it again :-( (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53409-cool-accessories-honda-city-honda-does-again.html)

I was amazed to see the list of accessories provided for Honda City

:: Honda City ::

But would have been great to see these as standard offerings on the ANHC. Would have been a killer product in offing.

What do you all have to say?

Oh wow! Now the ANHC can have Fogs too.. but aftermarket! What is Honda thinking ?

But yes, the grille and the alloys look neat. The Grille has suddenly transformed the front look of the ANHC.

Honda wake up and think about this.

Offer these features as standard on ANHC.. for 9L and you will see the sales zoom through the roof!

By dad got the alloys for 80K. My dad is rich :D

Those are the most common add ons that you find in any accessory store.

What is Honda trying to prove here!?

@Spitfire - 80K for those alloy wheels!? DamN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1170296)
By dad got the alloys for 80K. My dad is rich :D

Are they made of Titanium ? :eek:

Honda might have a good business model here. Sell bare boned cars at a premium. And charge Extra premium on accessories. I am sure a lot of non-TBHPians will fall for this :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1170319)
Are they made of Titanium ? :eek:

Honda might have a good business model here. Sell bare boned cars at a premium. And charge Extra premium on accessories. I am sure a lot of non-TBHPians will fall for this :)

Yeah he is no TBHPian.

LOL no idea. When he told me the cost i understood he has been had. But he got a big discount on it anyways.

The top end model came to 8.9 OTR with the alloys. Dont know how. He never tells me. :D

PS: This is not in Bangalore or Karnataka.

I bet all this would be coming STANDARD in Honda City elsewhere.

Without the current recession one can still understand Honda's strategy but it the current climate with folks postponing decisions one would think car makers would fall over themselves to tempt folks over with maximum value and sweetheart deals, but here Honda seems to be living in another world.

Quite a huge disconnect, at least I don't get it. On one hand we have bad news daily of things coming apart and on the other Honda treats its cars as if they are selling to a income immune recession proof community of the super rich.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 1170353)
I bet all this would be coming STANDARD in Honda City elsewhere.

Yep. In Singapore, you get all of this standard for around 14L. Or was that 16L? I forgot.

Man, alloys @ 80K, FOG LAMPS @7.5K, Honda is still maintaining the premium badge stand.

Just wondering, the standard bumpers do not have any place to fit the front fog lamps, so they need to change the front bumper my estimate is 15K for the bumper + 7.5K for fog lamps, to get fog lamps it costs a cool 22.5K. Maybe my math is not so good :Frustrati, can someone check what it would cost to get the fog lamps fitted onto the ANHC.

80k for those alloys is a complete absurdity. I wont spend even 18k for these ones.
If you see the accessory list i find around 70% which should come as standard fitment. People are taken for a ride here.

Most of them are overpriced. Especially the alloys. And honestly I dont find the alternate grill or bumpers better looking than the stock setup. Some things like the orange illumination light on the dash and the rear spoiler do look very good though. Rear fog lights are hilarious. I cant think of a more meaningless accessory.

As Honda always does, under equip the car, over price it with availability of loads of accessories at sky high prices. Ensures profitability whether recession or not.

All hail HONDA!!! (next to God in India) :Frustrati