Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 19:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fabia 1.9 Soon

Hey guys. Yesterday i spotted a Skoda Fabia 1.9.
Two tone. 15 inches alloys xenon lamps , sunroof etc.

Saw the 1.9 badge.
The Skoda badge was under a tape.
It was covered to some extent but 1.9 was visible.

Seems like amazing news.
Hot Hatches will be amazing.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ah. Only if Skoda had released it 6 months ago. I would have definitely given it a huge huge thought. A puny 1.4 engine doesnt do justice at all to Fabia.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:45   #3
Team-BHP Support

From what I have gathered on the forum, no Skoda launch will ever excite me. They have to sort out their A.S.S. and spare parts costs first.

Good car or bad, I really don't care.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:50   #4
BHPian

although it will be a great car with a 1.9 motor (i personally like the 1.4TDI also). the question is how will they price it? and how do they plan to improve upon their A.S.S?
Old 16th February 2009, 19:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Somehow i feel that it will roll out of the VW factory.
Hope it does . Will help reduce the cost.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:02   #6
BHPian

The price would be the sad part and of course astronomical figures for service costs.Though i hope we also get the dsg transmission as an option too.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:05   #7
BANNED

If Skoda sticks to its pricing strategy, 1.9L is sure not to make waves.
A.S.S & parts prices also have to be taken care of fast.
But all points towards this being a rich mans hatch!
Old 16th February 2009, 21:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
From what I have gathered on the forum, no Skoda launch will ever excite me. They have to sort out their A.S.S. and spare parts costs first.

Good car or bad, I really don't care.
Exactly! I was so excited about the car when it was launched. Although I dont mind the initial high cost (after all, all cars are overpriced when it comes to India) but then I read all the Skoda horror stories here, got to know spare/replacement parts prices and then just dropped it!

Things will get very interesting one GP comes
Old 16th February 2009, 21:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think its too late for Skoda. Had they released the Fabia with the 1.9 earlier itself when they launched it at maybe 7 lakhs, it would have still sold decently. The Fabia 1.4 top end sells at this price . I dread to think of what they will price the fully loaded 1.9 Fabia at. 10 lakhs maybe? I serioulsy would want to know what pot Skoda is smoking then. The Fabia is not selling and Skoda better wake up to this fact. Even after a year of launching, I hardly see any Fabias on the road. They are as rare as Mercs were in the old days.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

I believe there is a baby Fabia (whatever that means) as well on cards. Autobild has it as one of the coverstory
Old 16th February 2009, 21:21   #11
BHPian

People who buy diesel cars like good fuel economy and cost savings. I dont understand the logic of somebody who wants to save on fuel but splurge on a large engine with no top-end. Unless you want want lots of torque to tow other cars around with your hatchback, this car makes no sense.

Instead, how about putting a 1.8 petrol into the Fabia? Like the 1.8tpi from the Octavia. Now that would be fun.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:30   #12

Apparently The Fabia will also be launched with a bigger Petrol Engine. It is going to be a called Fabia S-line. Abhinav, Was the car Black and Grey?
Old 16th February 2009, 21:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

That's just great news. Looks like it's time for me to start looking for a buyer for my Fabia 1.4 tdi. Well modern diesel engines are not just bought for mileage but also coz of it drivebility with enormous torque available it becomes a great highway cruiser with practically no need for down shift. I have been driving petrol cars for 15 years and got my 1st diesel car as fabia 1.4tdi. Added a remap and enjoyed the throttle, never felt the lack of power. It has a perfect gear ratio and gear as smooth as melting chocolate truffle.
Fabia 1.9 tdi will be one hell of a car. Add a remap and you get 145bhp out of it. And with turbo upgrades and stuff expect 200bhp+ with almost 400Nm+ of torque. Now that's the no I like to see along with 50MPG.
I guess they would have the sportsline package available as an option. With front bumber, rear & roof spoiler and two tone paint option, sports seat. Hope there is an option of auto as well with DSG gearbox. Since they stopped the production of Octavia automatic, might just give it an option of Fabia Auto. Price is going to be a very important factor.

Am sure it's gonna be one rare Hot hatch.
Old 16th February 2009, 23:36   #14
Team-BHP Support

This could sell in decent number for Skoda. They just have to price it right. Target the ANHC, Linea, Verna and Fiesta and it could actually work. If priced same people might actually consider it for the superior build and quality.

Now is this the TDi or the PD engine. If it's the 90bhp TDi engine from the Octy it is also reliable compared to the PD. Haven't heard of too many problems in the 1.9L TDi engine.
Old 16th February 2009, 23:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
This could sell in decent number for Skoda. They just have to price it right. Target the ANHC, Linea, Verna and Fiesta and it could actually work. If priced same people might actually consider it for the superior build and quality.
But knowing Skoda, they might very well pitch it against the Civic and Corolla with a punchline "Czech mate you Japs!"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks