Team-BHP - Indica Taxi @ 1.6 lakhs! Taxiwallahs rejoice
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indica Taxi @ 1.6 lakhs! Taxiwallahs rejoice (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53648-indica-taxi-1-6-lakhs-taxiwallahs-rejoice.html)

After being forced to take their 25 year old rusty Premier Padminis off the road, Mumbai taxiwallahs finally have reason to rejoice. They have been offered the Tata Indica taxi variant for a sweet 1.6 lakh rupees!

Not all are happy though. Many taxi owners prefer the Omni instead, as it is lower maintenance & has a larger cargo area. The Omni comes with equally lucrative pricing for taxi orders.

This pricing is a step in the right direction.

Source : Mumbai Samachar (Gujarati daily)

If Tatas can price the Indicabs at INR 1.6 lakhs then why cant they price their Indicas at around INR 2.00 lakhs for the common man !!

If this has been finalised, it makes sense for TATA to keep Indica V2/Indicab only for taxi segment and have Indica Vista for passenger segment. Many price sensitive customers stay away from Indica due to its taxi image.

Is this an offer by Tata or is it some kind of government move?
Do they get a stripped down basic version?

Wow! Thats sweet. Throw in a decent carrier, and its perfect for the few times that luggage carrying capacity is a factor. Running costs ? I'm sure with its FE and enough tinker shops all over, should not be a major factor. Much safer than the Omnis, too!

This is good news, the Indica is decently comfy in the backseat. And most of all it's smaller than the Padmini, hence they would save some space in traffic.
Luggage space could be a problem tho, I guess taxiwallahs that frequent airport runs would opt for Omnis.
Although the IndigoCS would be the best fit, but the price certainly won't fit their liking even when completely stripped down.

Indeed a nice pricing, but adding taxes i believe the final figure will cross 2 Lakh mark. I believe it is a pricing for Diesel one.

This must be for the petrol version. AFAIK deiesel Taxi's are banned in Mumbai (atleast the black & yellow cab's)

Diesel or Xeta ? My guess is the variant in question is the Xeta, not the Diesel.

Another factor that Maruti can consider to lower the price of the 800?

Last week on my visit to Mumbai, on return took a brand new Omni Cab till Dadar.

Normally i take a auto ( 3 wheeler ) till Mahim and then switch over to Taxi to reach Dadar. Looking at the new crisp Omni i decided to hire it till Dadar, as also some auto drivers are not ready to take a longer trip. They have enough business in western suburbs with short trips.

This cab also had an Electronic Meter. Did not ask for any printed receipt. Anyone aware if provision is there ???

One thing i missed was an AC. Maybe Indica would be better in that respect. Hoping that this Taxi Cab version has an AC.

For just space though Omni is great.

1.6 Lacs, is nothing if one is getting the tested & proven Indica.

Excellent news for Taxi drivers.

It will definitely reduce some traffic in mumbai, but luggage is a big concern.

Especially if one will fit CNG (I am sure many of Taxi will run on).

Well, can we do one thing?

Can we buy an Indica at 1.6 L & use it as private vehicle? :D:D

Who cares about yellow number plate, if you a brand new Indica for nothing, while new one comes with 3-3.5L price tag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1177195)

I for one would much prefer the Indica over the M 800. The Indica can easily seat 3 people at the rear, while in the 800 it's a tight squeeze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1177213)
Can we buy an Indica at 1.6 L & use it as private vehicle? :D:D

Who cares about yellow number plate, if you a brand new Indica for nothing, while new one comes with 3-3.5L price tag.

I'm guessing this price has been offered to the Mumbai Taxi Union as a special price based on a bulk order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthym (Post 1177163)
If Tatas can price the Indicabs at INR 1.6 lakhs then why cant they price their Indicas at around INR 2.00 lakhs for the common man !!

Because the common man will get the Nano at 1L :D

Good move by Tata Motors; looks like they have reduced cost and are targetting the volumes business. Even if the replace even 50% of Premier Padminis that will may a some difference to their sales bottom line in this recession period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor

@condor, have been waiting for Maruti to cut 800/Alto prices for quite some time now. Spoke in the wheel being Nano getting delayed. :Frustrati