Team-BHP - Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53781-skoda-plans-bring-yeti-life-india-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 1670034)
Looks like SX4 wagon version is on cards. If they can retain the original 4X4 ability of the hatch and launch with a diesel engine, it is worth even 12+ lakhs.

I missed to add that wagon version is likely to be a 7 seater

Rehaan's thread on Skoda at the Auto Expo has many pictures of the Yeti. All Yeti discussions can continue at this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...po-2010-a.html

This thread is closed.

Hi All,

I am waiting for the Skoda Yeti to get it as my next car.

I quite liked the format / size of the small SUV. Just perfect for my needs I think.

Does anyone know when it is going to be available?

Is anyone else waiting for it? If so, let us start a discussion about what we like about it.

Cheers

I am waiting for a Yeti like SUV with an on road cost of less than 10L.

There is an existing thread on Skoda Yeti
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ife-india.html

That will never happen !

As to waiting part, I definitely am, but not sure of the Skoda badge.
Also there was a rumor that highest end diesel version will be somewhere closure Laura Elegance. Keeping fingers crossed.

But I still feel that the 100 BHP TSI petrol may be an interesting one to watch out. As I mentioned in other threads, I don't see the petrol version rolling in, this year at least. This will not happen till lower displacement TSI engines start being produced in India (I mean 1.2/1.4/1.6 TSI).

I am sure many Fusion owners will be waiting :). I feel it is a logial upgarde for Fusion owners if priced around 12 lakhs onroad.

Guess anyone expecting Skoda India to price their Mini SUV at 12 Lakhs on road is stretching his/her imagination way too far.:Shockked:

For God's sake don't compare a Ford fusion ( which was a sub 4 meter hatch ) to a Skoda Yeti which is quite comparable in size (length , heights & width) with a Hyundai Tuscon.
To things in perspective Tuscon measure the same width as Yeti; albeit that Yeti is 10 cm shorter , thanks to minimal overhangs or flared bumbers. Even a Mahindra Scorpio - forgive me for using such a comparison to Skoda- retails for 12+ Lacs on Road in Bangalore for the top end version.

Skoda official mentioned on CNBC that Yeti would be priced comparable to Laura. I guess he was refering to the 2000 cc Diesel Engine. For in all probability they would be launching this version first with 4WD. If they can price it between 12 - 14 lakh bracket then it would be certainly a leader in the segment, eaating in to sales of Scorpio and Safari. But my hunch is that they would price it in the 16 - 18 lakh bracket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 1834042)
I am sure many Fusion owners will be waiting :). I feel it is a logial upgarde for Fusion owners if priced around 12 lakhs onroad.

I do not think yeti would be lesser than 15L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 1834126)
Guess anyone expecting Skoda India to price their Mini SUV at 12 Lakhs on road is stretching his/her imagination way too far.:Shockked:

For God's sake don't compare a Ford fusion ( which was a sub 4 meter hatch ) to a Skoda Yeti which is quite comparable in size (length , heights & width) with a Hyundai Tuscon.
To things in perspective Tuscon measure the same width as Yeti; albeit that Yeti is 10 cm shorter , thanks to minimal overhangs or flared bumbers. Even a Mahindra Scorpio - forgive me for using such a comparison to Skoda- retails for 12+ Lacs on Road in Bangalore for the top end version.

I said it will be an upgrade, not equal. Fusion length is 4 mt and Yeti is 4.2. Width is identical too. Fusion has cargo space of 330 lts a against 380 ltrs of yeti. Fusion has some sUV traits like high GC and Yeti comes with some 4X4 capabilities. For me it is a definite upgrade. If they price it close to 20 lakhs, it would loose those buyers but then that will be a diffarent story.

Not just Fusion, but many folks who are looking for some snob value and are ready to invest over and above Scorpio/Safari would be on the look out. Having said that the vehicle is a definite head turner with the plush feeling of a car plus decent off-roading capabilities and high GC.

As I said before, I have a gut feeling that even the petrol version would be eagerly looked out for, as you may get near similar performance and comfort equivalent to sedans like Altis/Civic.

Did I say something too atrocious? Well thats my take on Yeti!

Wouldn't Renault Duster be a better option for a 100 BHP mini SUV? It should be cheaper than the Yeti and probably does not carry the scary A$$ package that the Yeti does.

Waiting for a Skoda! No way, rather nowhere in my lexicon. Rather the Skoda dealers would do well waiting for customers despite their shoddy reputation in every respect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 1834042)

Exactly up gradation from Fusion to Yetti will be a good option. But we need to also think of the price/A$$/reputation of Skoda in India too. I believe in India we have some potential of Compact SUV like Yetti, but again from What brand :)

Thats the only sad story. So nice automobiles, every ones dream, but they get shattered in the sleep itself !

We now learn how not to dream a brand !