Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 14:46   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

new mahindra 540-550 planned- concept was reviewed in one of the auto mags recently.
scorpio engine plus some huge upgradations with 4x4 etc.
possibly like the Thar or it may be the Thar itself
whatever it is, it will be Mahindra's answer to the Wrangler Rubecon.

i know they are working on it very diligently but typical of them, they will play it close to the chest and then after they satisfy themselves testing it etc, they will suddenly spring it on the public the same way they have been doing, for all their new developments over the last 8-9 years!
whatever it is, it is sure to be a good, solid effort.

Unbelievers amongst us there may be, but all said and done, the Mahindra's have never really disappointed the general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
. new variant of the MM540? can somebody highlight whats the new variant all about? or is it the Thar?
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:38   #77
H2O
BHPian

Yeti Launched in UK

The much awaited Skoda Yeti is now available in the UK Market.

The base model has 1.2 TSI 105BHP Engine.
I hope VW brings in the same engine for it's much awaited POLO.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:46   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
The UK reviews are quite positive, more expensive than the Octavia(Laura) priced around £14000 for the 1.2 TSI petrol.
will the 1.2L be able to pull the Yeti or will it be another Fabia like mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
The base model has 1.2 TSI 105BHP Engine.
I hope VW brings in the same engine for it's much awaited POLO.
Is not the Yeti a much larger/heavier car than the Polo?

besides the review states "Skoda has positioned it above not only its own Octavia (whose platform it shares) but also the new Volkswagen Golf, with its rather more modern engineering". What is Skoda thinking?

Last edited by navin : 22nd September 2009 at 10:51.
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
will the 1.2L be able to pull the Yeti or will it be another Fabia like mess?
The 1.2L is turbocharged engine, with good amount of torque available low down, after it's the torque that helps in carrying and pushing the weight of the car. Driving power is good enough. Inspite of having kerb weight around 1345kgs, Skoda website claims it can touch 0-100kms in 12sec which is decent for a car of it's size and the available power.
What I would like to see is three models, basic model with 1.2L engine and 2 top of the line 1.8L tsi with 160hp and 4 wheel drive and 2.0tdi CR with 140hp 4 wheel drive versions with Hill decent control.
If priced well under 15L could be a great pick, for it's size it would be perfect for the city.
There are some good reviews online on both the petrol, 1.2L and 1.8L tsi engine.

Last edited by Invinsible : 23rd September 2009 at 00:35.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Fabia + Fusion = YETI.Seems to be the elder brother of both.
Wonder about the A.S.S apart form the 10L ex-showroom.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:22   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
What I would like to see is three models, basic model with 1.2L engine and 2 top of the line 1.8L tsi with 160hp and 4 wheel drive and 2.0tdi CR with 140hp 4 wheel drive versions with Hill decent control.
If priced well under 15L could be a great pick, for it's size it would be perfect for the city.
What I would first like to see is for Skoda to get it's A.S.S to be consistent and fair. It might be asking for too much though, just like a 1.8L TSI Yeti! :-)
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I would first like to see is for Skoda to get it's A.S.S to be consistent and fair. It might be asking for too much though, just like a 1.8L TSI Yeti! :-)
Being a Skoda Customer since a year and half so far havn't faced any issue with the service part. However of 3 dealers some are good with their mechanical work and some with their paint job. Since I landed up building a good relation with the Manager at one of the workshop, I suppose it helps me in getting the work done more efficiently. ;-)
Old 25th September 2009, 09:20   #83
BHPian

Skoda plans product realignment in India; will launch the Yeti in 2010

DriveInside.com | Thursday September 24, 2009

Czech car company Skoda, a subsidiary of the Volkswagen (VW) group, will be realigning its products in India to reduce competition with similarly priced VW cars. The Skoda Superb and the Skoda Laura are already available at relatively lower prices than before. Their starting prices are now Rs 18.90 lakh and Rs 12.74 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai) respectively. On the other hand, the prices of the VW Jetta and the Passat start at Rs 13.19 lakh and Rs 23.07 lakh respectively.

A number of Skoda and VW cars currently share the same platforms. The VW Jetta and the Skoda Laura, for instance, have been developed on one platform. Similarly, the VW Passat and the Skoda Superb too share the same platform. If the prices of these models overlap, they will eat into one another’s customer bases. Skoda is now planning to change the positioning of the new Octavia, to be launched after 2 years. The new version of the car will be placed in the Rs 6-10 lakh bracket. It is currently priced at Rs 10-12 lakh,

Meanwhile, Skoda India will launch its ‘compact SUV’, the Yeti, in the second half of 2010. The vehicle will be launched with a 2.0 litre diesel engine, and a petrol version will follow later. It will come with manual transmission and a 4X4 drive. Skoda may also launch the Yeti in a 4X2 variant. The SUV will be brought to India as a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) unit, and will be assembled at Skoda’s manufacturing plant in Aurangabad. It will be displayed at the Auto Expo to be held in New Delhi in January 2010.
Old 25th September 2009, 16:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

I am guessing Yeti should be here by March or so with probably 3 variants, 1.2TSI petrol 4x2 b base model, and the other 2 with all the features, 1.8TSI petrol 4x4, 2.0 Tdi CR 4x4. Would be interesting to see how they price it.
As something like Endy, Captiva, GV are available from 16-17L onwards, exshowroom delhi. If skoda price this anywhere close to 16L which I am guessing might be the case as the 1.8L or 2.0 diesel with 4x4 cost about 18,000 pounds in UK, might have hard time in selling big numbers.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:15   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
The Skoda Superb and the Skoda Laura are already available at relatively lower prices than before. Their starting prices are now Rs 18.90 lakh and Rs 12.74 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai) respectively. On the other hand, the prices of the VW Jetta and the Passat start at Rs 13.19 lakh and Rs 23.07 lakh respectively.
so Skoda/VW think that a customer looking for a car worth 12.74 is different from the one looking for a car ar 13.19. The difference is Rs. 45,000 or less than 3%!

My guess is they'll price the Yeti between the Laura and Superb.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:18   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Being a Skoda Customer since a year and half so far havn't faced any issue with the service part. Since I landed up building a good relation with the Manager at one of the workshop, I suppose it helps me in getting the work done more efficiently. ;-)
Personally I too get pretty good service from my dealer (Autobahn). My comment was a general one due to number of Skoda related complaints on this and other forums.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personally I too get pretty good service from my dealer (Autobahn). My comment was a general one due to number of Skoda related complaints on this and other forums.
That's exactly where I get it done, Arvind is the person solely responsible for my hassle free experience so far Navin.
Old 26th September 2009, 12:27   #88
BHPian

Is the Yeti going to be a 7 seater or 5 seater. No where in the UK skoda site, it mentions this, nor do the pictures show that there could be 7 seats.
All it says is vario flexi seating and a boot space of 1700 odd litres when seats are folded.
But how many seats?

P.S. My first unmoderated post :-)

Last edited by riteshritesh : 26th September 2009 at 12:29.
Old 26th September 2009, 13:13   #89

Yeti is a 5 seater.
Old 26th September 2009, 14:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Is the Yeti going to be a 7 seater or 5 seater. No where in the UK skoda site, it mentions this, nor do the pictures show that there could be 7 seats.
All it says is vario flexi seating and a boot space of 1700 odd litres when seats are folded.
But how many seats?

P.S. My first unmoderated post :-)
It is a 5 seater. With a overall leangth of 4.2 meters there is no space for 3rd row of seats.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks