Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 14:53   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is a 5 seater. With a overall leangth of 4.2 meters there is no space for 3rd row of seats.
If the Gypsy can , why can't the Yeti !
Old 26th September 2009, 18:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
If the Gypsy can , why can't the Yeti !
They must be side facing seats? Benchmark of modern cars for comfort has advanced.

Last edited by Guna : 26th September 2009 at 18:05.
Old 26th September 2009, 18:56   #93
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yeti is a standard "5" seater - however in my opinion, this would effectively be a "4" seater - to seat 4 reasonably large-ish adults plus their luggage and assorted paraphernalia OR 2 Adults and some pet doggies in relative comfort somewhat like the Scorpio.
Old 27th September 2009, 22:52   #94
BANNED

An amazing (entry level) SUV that i loved a lot. But after reading about the Skoda's wooes in the forums it only makes one sad - Another good looking vehicle that i wouldn't risk buying just cause of the reputation the company seems to have
Old 1st October 2009, 16:33   #95
BANNED

frankly im not so sure about the "entry level" bit - it is bound to be expensive there is no doubt about that. However, in comparison with the Mitsubishi Outlander, Chevy Captiva, Honda CRV etc I suppose it is in a sense like an entry level to the "premium" segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
An amazing (entry level) SUV that i loved a lot. But after reading about the Skoda's wooes in the forums it only makes one sad - Another good looking vehicle that i wouldn't risk buying just cause of the reputation the company seems to have
Old 1st October 2009, 16:44   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
frankly im not so sure about the "entry level" bit - it is bound to be expensive there is no doubt about that. However, in comparison with the Mitsubishi Outlander, Chevy Captiva, Honda CRV etc I suppose it is in a sense like an entry level to the "premium" segment.
True, I don't see it being priced bellow Laura. It will be a good buy at around 16 L onroad.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:47   #97
BANNED

if indeed it is priced at 16 L on road that is

frankly the only variant worth considering would be the 2 litre Turbo Diesel or at a pinch the 1.8 Turbo diesel.
This will have all the bells and whistles including 4WD and hill descent control (or the Skoda version of this feature) and all the rest of it.

I think this particular top end variant will not leave much change from Rs 17-18L on road Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
True, I don't see it being priced bellow Laura. It will be a good buy at around 16 L onroad.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:34   #98

Do you guys have any info on whether the Yeti is being launched in Auto India 2010 ? Too much speculation about price too - is it sub 12l ?
Old 6th December 2009, 13:42   #99
BHPian

Skoda Yeti is being launched in Auto Expo in Jan'10. According to ACI, it would be in 14-15L bracket with two engine options namely 1.2TSI Petrol (gem of an engine!) and 1.9PD Diesel engine doing duty in Laura.
Old 7th December 2009, 03:23   #100
Senior - BHPian

I highly doubt it would come with 1.2TSI engine, this one runs both supercharger and turbo charger, plus there would be additional cost on homologation on this if I am not wrong.
What's readily available for them is 1.8TSi engine from laura. I suppose that's the engine they should be considering, added power and torque will always be good for a vehicle that weighs around 1500kg (kerb weight).
Old 7th December 2009, 09:47   #101
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

1.9 PD though a good engine (a bit noisey) seems unlikely as skoda is phasing it out in most places, 2.0 TDI seems a likely bet as also the 1.8 TSI, the 1.2 is as mentioned earlier too pricey, but who knows.

The other bit that should be clear is that it would be incorrect to expect this to be priced lower than a similar engined Laura - Just how would they manage that, and what would justify the Laura price then?
Old 7th December 2009, 15:55   #102
BHPian

It may come with a 140 bhp CRDI engine, if it does, it will probably be priced 13-15 lacs ex showroom. If it has a PD engine, maybe 11-13 lacs ex showroom? I just don't see it being priced at 10 lacs on road !!!

If it is 10 lacs on road in Bangalore, sign me up for one. :=)
Old 7th December 2009, 16:10   #103
BANNED

I checked at Vinayak Cars - they have no idea about the Yeti at all. They did say however that some guys from their dealership will be going in end Dec for YETI training.
Right now there is no info on the engine options, the pricing or indeed anything else.

Personally I believe that the Top End one which they launch and which in my opinion is the only one worth having, will come with 4WD, hill descent control and possibly the 2 litre TDI/ PD engine. This cant get on the road (Bangalore) for any less than 16-17 lacs in my opinion.

Lets see if they have some pleasant surprises in store.

The Yeti is a proper 5 seater with a nice large boot. Similar to the Tucson in terms of seating etc. Of this I am pretty sure.
I understand also it is built on the Octavia platform so in terms of size also it should be pretty similar to the Tucson if indeed just a tad more compact possibly.

Indeed, if the version of the Yeti that I want comes in at Rs 12-13 lacs on road Bangalore then it is a sure shot runaway killer in comparison to anything else and we will surely see a run on it like we have seen for the Fortuner!!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 7th December 2009 at 16:12.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:39   #104
BHPian

I am not sure why some of you are excepting at a very high price say 12- 13 lac for SUV smaller than scorpio.They should launch at 7 - 8 lac max for base.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:10   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I am not sure why some of you are excepting at a very high price say 12- 13 lac for SUV smaller than scorpio.They should launch at 7 - 8 lac max for base.
Sorry I didn't check the pervious pages and when I tried to edit and clicked on save 20 mins was over.

Anyway we have good 7 seater SUV for 10 lakhs which will be better than Yeti and skoda needs to consider pricing Yeti at this price.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks