Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2009, 03:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

If it truly does what a true SUV 4x4 should than I suppose even under 15L bracket it should be well worth it. After all how many compact SUV's can handle off roading, I can't think of any presently available. Unless Toyota decides to get the RAV4. At the size mentioned it could also have an disadvantage as having an SUV here means something that looks big and meaty or It could be a start of all new segment just like the luxury/premium hatchbacks. But, then again how many SUV buyers at present go off roading, let it be Safari, Endi, captiva, CRV. If given a choice I would pick one with 1.8TSI or 2.0TDI CR.

Last edited by Invinsible : 25th June 2009 at 03:27.
Old 25th June 2009, 04:17   #62
BHPian

Its too small in size to command a price anything above 12 lacs .
Old 25th June 2009, 11:27   #63
BHPian

Wondering how Skoda is going to postion this one...
Old 25th June 2009, 11:40   #64
BHPian

I'm following it up for a long time. I will consider this as my next car (replacing my Fabia TDI) if it's affordable by me. Compact size with high seating, it will be good for the city drives. Also it will be good for highway drives. I don't bother about off-roading, 4X4, A.S.S ...

But not sure whether the production version comes with all goodies mentioned in the concept.
Old 25th June 2009, 12:03   #65
BHPian

The UK reviews are quite positive, more expensive than the Octavia(Laura) priced around £14000 for the 1.2 TSI petrol, 170bhp diesel in top end elegance spec about £22,000 so for those expecting good pricing please come back down to earth, this is Skoda we are talking about.

Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSA review | New Car Reviews - Times Online

Skoda Yeti | First Drives | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR140 review - Car Reviews - iMOTOR
Old 25th June 2009, 12:22   #66
BANNED

Service issues?? None for me so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Nice - small and cute - I like the boxy look too - price is tempting (if reallay 10L) - but reading about Skoda service stories of late - it will be no no for me. Sorry Skoda
Hi Rockyb,
I too have been reading the service woes of Skoda customers but somehow I guess I m just lucky. I have had the oppurtunity to get 3-4 Skoda Octavias of my friends serviced at TAFE Access, Hosur Road, Bangalore and I have not faced any issues so far. I know a couple of supervisors personally after so many visits and am able to get all my issues sorted out. I have even had to avail of their On-Road-Service and that too has been satisfactory and cost effective as well. I have posted a review about the same on a different website. MOVIE Review, HOTEL Review, MOBILE PHONE Review, BOOK Review, CAR Review, CAMERA Review - MouthShut.com. at the following u
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_Eleg_|_Ambient-169926-1.html

In case any TEAM BHP members in Bangalore need help on any Skoda service issues, I can try to assist them through the people I know at TAFE Access.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:44   #67
BHPian

Hope Skoda doesnt repeat the Fabai story again
Old 14th August 2009, 09:50   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

it s likely the top end one with 2 litre diesel and all the bells and whistles including 4WD will cost in excess of Rs 16 Lacs on the Road. should be worth it with the hill descent control (which apparently works even while the vehicle is in neutral and descending a hill) and the other hi tech toys.

the base version Yeti may be available at around 13+ on road but that will be useless 1.2 litre petrol, 2WD etc.
It will just have the "look".

knowing skoda however Im sure the build quality and fit finish etc will be impeccable.

Lets wait and see in 2010 when it comes - if it is affordable then it is a sure shot hit amongst the people who would like a small compact city type 4WD toy. Im sure the diesel will be popular as ever with the rich boys as a second "weekend" car.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:12   #69
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
it s likely the top end one with 2 litre diesel and all the bells and whistles including 4WD will cost in excess of Rs 16 Lacs on the Road. should be worth it with the hill descent control (which apparently works even while the vehicle is in neutral and descending a hill) and the other hi tech toys.

the base version Yeti may be available at around 13+ on road but that will be useless 1.2 litre petrol, 2WD etc.
It will just have the "look".

knowing skoda however Im sure the build quality and fit finish etc will be impeccable.

Lets wait and see in 2010 when it comes - if it is affordable then it is a sure shot hit amongst the people who would like a small compact city type 4WD toy. Im sure the diesel will be popular as ever with the rich boys as a second "weekend" car.
+1 to that. Not sure this vehicle will sell in good numbers.. All the more reason to wait for the new MM540 variant for true mud bashing.
Old 17th September 2009, 23:04   #70
Team-BHP Support

How is Skoda and VW planning to manage with the fuel requirements for their TSI engines. I had asked this query to the Skoda helpline. They suggested RON95/RON97 grade fuel for Laura TSI.

Even if we assume Skoda is able to price Yeti well, will IOC/HP be able to supply this grade of fuel? If available it may be only at select outlets. Then what about long distance drives?

The same fate holds for VW Polo (and Golf to follow) as well.
Old 18th September 2009, 01:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How is Skoda and VW planning to manage with the fuel requirements for their TSI engines. I had asked this query to the Skoda helpline. They suggested RON95/RON97 grade fuel for Laura TSI.

Even if we assume Skoda is able to price Yeti well, will IOC/HP be able to supply this grade of fuel? If available it may be only at select outlets. Then what about long distance drives?

The same fate holds for VW Polo (and Golf to follow) as well.
the laura runs on 91/95 octane, its mentioned inside the fuel lid, 91octane will also be fine..
Old 18th September 2009, 13:31   #72
BHPian

Quote:
the laura runs on 91/95 octane, its mentioned inside the fuel lid, 91octane will also be fine..
Whats the difference between this and unleaded fuel?
Do we get this at all petrol pumps?

The only time when I saw different fuels was pre catalytic converter era, when imported vehicles would ask for white petrol at the pumps.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:52   #73
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

agreed but from all accounts the new MM540 will be priced around 7-9 lacs range on the road! And I dont think they will offer it with a lockable hard top which is as secure as today's bolero, scorpio or other comparable vehicles.

therefore, if one wants a vehicle to double as a city use + off road + adventure use toy, then I guess that we need to continue considering the Scorpio 4x4 at 12 lacs and/ or Skoda Yeti at about 15 ish. Also the new planned World platform SUV from Mahindra, expected sometime next year or year after which may come in above the Scorpio and be available at about 14-15 lacs may be a good bet.

very few people can really indulge their off road adventure passions by buying a jeep specifically for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
+1 to that. Not sure this vehicle will sell in good numbers.. All the more reason to wait for the new MM540 variant for true mud bashing.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
. new variant of the MM540? can somebody highlight whats the new variant all about? or is it the Thar?
Old 18th September 2009, 14:45   #75
BHPian

Skoda will price this no less than 15L and then later provide an pathetic A.S.S.
Why Skoda Why

This Yeti is dangerous to your wallets
Closed Thread

Most Viewed