Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 13:57   #46
BHPian

spot on steeroid

i was told from hyundai that novice drivers who had earlier only driven the likes of alto and santro. had a hard time with it and three of them were bac at the service center due to accidents. lost control and frantic skidding!!
Old 24th February 2009, 14:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

power, it's never gonna be too much, thinking very philosophically that is!

But then yeah, below 200 BHP, talking about too much power doesn't make too much sense. Novice drivers unable to handle the power, causing accidents is a different story altogether. Hyundai should put a disclaimer - "You are driving a bomb, beware"
Old 24th February 2009, 23:17   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Doc.......I would never comment on such threads but after a 250-odd kms drive on good highways today, I'll say this; leave the Fiat/Swift alone, get yourself a Getz CRDi as a daily runner & keep the 1.6 as your weekend car. Trust me, you'll never regret the decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
@ iraghava - why do you think Dr Pull only drives his Palio on routes that have regular bus or public transportation services?
The main reason I use the Junkindica in the city is because I am a stickler for rules. The Junkindica is without a doctors sign and there have been numerous occasions that I have made private buses, lorries and transpport buses reverse back as they had strayed over into my lane for overtaking when I was in the correct lane. On one I occassion I made a private bus guy reverese from Kacheripadi junction to Townhall which is distance of about 150meters. I had the complete public with me then and they were all too eager to keep the traffic police at bay. Finally at Townhall the police booked him for driving in the wrong lane. This I cannot dream of doing in my GTX especially with the DOC sign.
It was a totally different story when I had my Padmini since absolutely no one dared come in front of my Padmini. I ruled the road in Ernakulam city when I drove the Padmini but I made sure I never broke any traffic rules. When I drove the Pads absolutely no one bullied me not even the tipper lorries. I sold the Pads 3 years ago as 4 cars were too many to fit in a garage. I will probably sell off my GTX shortly and go for something bigger but only if I get a torquier vehicle. I love the GETZ for its engine but my wife and parents despise the looks of the car though I am okay with its looks. I will never sell of the Junkindica till the consumer case is over and probably not even after that since I need a car to use as a battering ram. The case was filed in 2001 and I presume it will drag on till 2014 when I would be required to re-register the vehicle. As mentioned elsewhere the case file papers have been lost by the higher court on March 24th 2008(last year). They are searching for it even to this day and the judge has given them time till May of this year.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 24th February 2009 at 23:18.

Most Viewed