Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 09:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
well.. when a few months back I had heard that honda is not going to launch the v6 here as it had got response for the earlier v6, I was very dissapointed.
and now when its launched, i am even more dissapointed! the irony
well to begin with, I think that honda has taken to its head, as they say "chaney ke jhaad pe chad gaya" and its now started taking indian customers for granted. for starters the ANHC is the most expensive and a lil overpriced but with very dissapointing features and interiors. the civic, is the only sensible buy in the entire honda line-up i think. the CR-V was as it is ridicously priced and now offering the same for somewhere near 30 lacs is trying to kill its own product. the V6 would have been justified at 25 only if they would have offered all the features the 2.4 is missing (colour centre display with navigation, steering mounted controls, xenons, sunroof, premium audio system, reverse parking camera, auto dimming rear view mirror, rear and rear-side window blinds) and with a much better suspension. but I guess with all these honda would have taken the price to somewhere 30-32 lacs!
it looks like the company is going downwards from here by killing its two finest products, the CR-V and the Accord V6.
and for the Skoda, man what better time to rectify its mistakes! now this is called the "chance pe dance" kind of thinking!
it learned from its previous mistakes and this time around priced its flagship really well with all the bells and whistles just when the market leader started acting like its smoking pot before deciding its pricing!
or else how on earth would you defend such rediculous price when a fairly respectable brand like skoda in india is offering its fully loaded, top of the line feature packed superb, at around 20 lacs!
and as far as the engine is concerned, the small 1.8L petrol of superb can reportedly leave behind honda's bigger 2.4 i-vtec behind in performance as well as fuel effiency wise!
I only wish that honda would soon realise its mistakes and rectify before its too late. because I always dreamt of owning the top V6 Accord one day, but now its killing my dream and instead giving me a new dream, Skoda Superb!
Guess Skoda has been playing the same game as Honda, for even longer. Taking Indian customers for a ride in terms of their poorly priced cars. But the New superb is a step in the right direction, but then people still prefer a Honda to a Skoda. Guess we have to wait and see the sales numbers.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:40   #182
BHPian

I for one thing the pricing is typical of any company who have done their homework in India and hence expected.

Imagine if the V6 was 2L premium over the 2.4. what would have been the "differentiating factor" so important to the Indian market. Also the way i figure most Indians would not pay a premium of 2L for a car that produces MORE POWER and LESS AVERAGE and NOTHING ELSE . However some would pay a premium of 6L for that 'PERCEPTION" of a superior car or "V6 snobbery"

Regarding MT..i wonder how many MT's are sold vis-a-vis AT in the 2.4 version.

Simple ain't it!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 18th March 2009 at 12:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks