Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 14:30   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Sorry for the ignorant question, but can V6`s also be modded easily like the octy RS can be?
Any Honda will find plenty aftermarket support. Remaps, suspension upgrades etc. should be easy to source for the Accord V6.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:33   #47
Team-BHP Support

Is it me but me thinks that GTO is getting excited at this prospect a little too much!
Old 24th February 2009, 15:06   #48
evo
BHPian

Ah, tats good to know, GTO but what I meant was that does that engine also lend itself to modification in the way the RS does?
Old 24th February 2009, 18:25   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Is it me but me thinks that GTO is getting excited at this prospect a little too much!
Would be a nice addition to either of our garages, wot?

Quote:
Ah, tats good to know, GTO but what I meant was that does that engine also lend itself to modification in the way the RS does?
The RS would be simpler to tune, atleast initially, due to the 1.8 being turbocharged.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

first of all is it confirmed whether it is coming or not?
then i was wondering why not program the ecu to run permanently on 2 or 1 cylinder ^ ^
for astonishing mileage figs and introduce a manual switch ,which on activation enables all the cylinders. If this is possible then i would colour the switch red and label it the "Josh Switch" do not touch except in case of an emergency. MIB style
Damm!! im completely turning into that mileage kithna detha hai person !!
Old 24th February 2009, 18:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would be a nice addition to either of our garages, wot?

The RS would be simpler to tune, atleast initially, due to the 1.8 being turbocharged.
RS has simpler bolt on parts available all around whether europe or US. Whether new turbo or remap is never an issue with it.

Incase of Honda well V6 is high compression engine plus depending on engine internals it would just take a mild turbo boost not as much as the RS can take.
Old 25th February 2009, 08:04   #52
BHPian

6 speed manual = upgrade existing slushbox V6 *but curses resale value of present V6*
are the paddle shifters standard on this car as well like I-4 ?
Old 25th February 2009, 11:20   #53
evo
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer.

Heres what he confirmed:

Launch on 3rd March.
Sunroof, cruise control, doesnt know about TCS.
19.60 Lakh on road Kolkata.
Auto trans, but doesnt know about Paddle Shift.

So thats that, even though he was "sure" about this, its a dealer trying to sell a car, so whatever.

I dont understand whats Honda`s problem with a manual. Isnt it cheaper also?

Also , on a totally different note,

a used v6 in good condition can be had for 7 lakh. Is the new one worth 13 extra? hehe!

Last edited by evo : 25th February 2009 at 11:23.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
first of all is it confirmed whether it is coming or not?
then i was wondering why not program the ecu to run permanently on 2 or 1 cylinder ^ ^
for astonishing mileage figs and introduce a manual switch ,which on activation enables all the cylinders. If this is possible then i would colour the switch red and label it the "Josh Switch" do not touch except in case of an emergency. MIB style
Damm!! im completely turning into that mileage kithna detha hai person !!

is that even possible? I mean..it should be. MB/Porsche/Audi all have the 'Sports Mode' equivalent which drops the car lower and readjusts the engine for better performance. wheres Arush?!?
Old 25th February 2009, 18:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Sure VFM. Now if you want to enjoy that and still talk about fuel economy, that ain't happening together. .
If you add up the huge service and repair bills of your German lemon, then its a wash.

Last edited by Mpower : 25th February 2009 at 18:34.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:40   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just got a call from the dealer.

Heres what he confirmed:

Launch on 3rd March.
Killer! Are you going for the launch? Please update with pictures. 19.6 lakhs sounds like a steal, for comparison purposes what is the OTR price of the I-4?

Quote:
a used v6 in good condition can be had for 7 lakh. Is the new one worth 13 extra? hehe!
Of course not! Used deals rule. Each has its own advantage & disadvantage, though from the value perspective, you can't get more horses for 7 lakhs.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:11   #57
mxx
BHPian

Good move by honda. Always wondered why the v6 is not yet here.

BTW, they should consider introducing the new honda pilot suv here, though limited numbers, it will be much better option than prado, since pilot also has a v6 with VCM. Is there any talk about pilot being introduced?
Old 26th February 2009, 11:23   #58

I personnaly drive the Honda Odyssey minivan which has the V6 with Cylinder De-activation System installed. The system is great and saves you about 10% on milage but there is a catch..you have to have a light foot, the minute you accelorate the system goes to 6 cyl. So you need to have essentially flat roads and cruise at a steady pace, something VERY VERY difficult to do on our roads...any jack rabbit stuff and you will never see the ECO light on (that is the only thing that indicates the some of the cylinders are off). Incidentally they have a noise cancellation sysytem installed so that occupants do not realize that some cylinders are not functioning..remember 3 cylinders make more noise than 4 or 6!!
Old 26th February 2009, 12:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Of course not! Used deals rule. Each has its own advantage & disadvantage, though from the value perspective, you can't get more horses for 7 lakhs.
Never knew that it's resale was this bad. Any particular reason for this? I might seriously consider getting a 2nd-hand V6 instead of going for an ANHC and likes. Or convince my dad to get a 2nd hand V6 instead of the new Altis he's thinking about
Old 26th February 2009, 13:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Never knew that it's resale was this bad. Any particular reason for this? I might seriously consider getting a 2nd-hand V6 instead of going for an ANHC and likes. Or convince my dad to get a 2nd hand V6 instead of the new Altis he's thinking about
Bad resale majorly because of poor fuel efficiency i.e 5-6 Km/lt. Though one should not expect too much fuel efficiency form this V6 monster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks