Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 17:00   #91
Senior - BHPian

I think the steep price is partly due to the stronger YEN also. there is another thread where there is mention of 30% hike in CRV prices..so i guess this pricing is inline with that

as for a V-6 on offer, I dont think a luxury car buyer with 25-30 l budget would mind putting a few lakhs more for that BMW/MERC badge all though it comes with lot less space and a less power ful engine. ( remember the SKODA SUPERB ?)
Old 5th March 2009, 17:05   #92
BHPian

how much is the auto-camry going for? 24Lacs? I think thats what Honda wants to target! why buy a 2.4 camry (no sunroof/auto seats/display etc) when you get the fully stacked Accord!

Will it sell?...I'm tempted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The only way 25L is justifiable is if they load it with goodies like VCM, ESP, Xenons, full screen display and not the cheap small one now and driver seats with memory, steering mounted audio controls and everything automatic.
Old 5th March 2009, 19:23   #93
BHPian

well first of all I think that if the accord comes with the 25L price tag, it is surely overpriced because we dont get goodies that the european or american models get. the big screen without the sat nav looks overkill! its hightime we started getting those for such expensive cars. and its not even coloured. and with no controls on Steering wheel looks wierd because there is space for it but its empty!

sometimes back there was a auto exhibition at Bandra kurla complex MMRDA grounds in which I checked the VW Jetta and Passat which were with the big MMI touchscreen display. it was awesome and was extremely easy to use. I was told by the VW guys that they are thinking of giving those with the indian models soon. I think they thought about it after the new superb which is yet to be launched, is mostly coming with the touchscreen MMI with sat nav (as mentioned by many Car magazines)

And I dont think so that you can still compare it with the german machines. because cars are not only about the BHP but there is so much more to it than that. the overall feel of the big germans (merc, Bimmer, Audi) is way more exhilarating than the Japanese. they exude so much class and elegance. they give you the sense of occassion everytime you even just sit in them. they feel like they are built to last your lifetime! plus it has that snob value you cant match! I mean even the VW Jetta or Passat feels so nice. even the Jetta is so much more equipped than the Accord 2.4 I-Vtec and feels so sturdy. you feel as if you are very safe in them.

so if its priced at about 22L or below (we just hope!), then I think its superb value for money. but 25 is taking a chance. because I think a person who can afford a 25L car can definately think of shelling out a few more and go for a baby German! and within some time even the Passat CC is coming with a much more powerful engine than the current one, which looks damn sexy, and it'll be mostly below 30 lac. so I hope, just hope that honda gets it right.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:08   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
how much is the auto-camry going for? 24Lacs? I think thats what Honda wants to target! why buy a 2.4 camry (no sunroof/auto seats/display etc) when you get the fully stacked Accord!

Will it sell?...I'm tempted!
actually the auto camry does have a sunroof, auto seats, 6 airbags and esp.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:20   #95
BHPian

I guess Accord is CBU right ? CBU does not make sense unless the excise duty on imports are cut down . At the same time i don't think manufacturer will start localizing the luxury cars here in India because of the market we have. Customer have to pay overprice unless tatas and maruthis come ahead
Old 5th March 2009, 22:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

No, the Accord is not a CBU. A few months ago, I found the localization numbers for all the Honda cars available here. I've kind of forgotten exact numbers now, but the Accord, like all of their non-CBU products available in India, have a 70%+ localization level.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 5th March 2009 at 22:54.
Old 7th March 2009, 16:04   #97
evo
BHPian

@immortalz: OT but I agree with ur signature!

I really doubt the 25L tag especially if they have 70% localisation. But 70% seems very high for a car like the accord.
Old 7th March 2009, 17:36   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Lets wait a bit before taking the pricing for granted.
Old 7th March 2009, 19:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
actually the auto camry does have a sunroof, auto seats, 6 airbags and esp.
umm not really no sunroof on the camry at least it wasn't in the A/T i purchased.Esp ,auto seats and 6 airbags present.
Old 7th March 2009, 21:31   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
umm not really no sunroof on the camry at least it wasn't in the A/T i purchased.Esp ,auto seats and 6 airbags present.
thats weird because my friends manual camry has a sunroof. i assumed the auto would have it too since its so much more expensive.
Old 8th March 2009, 01:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

must have been an add on accessory.In blore the toyota accessories department does it for around 40k for a electronic sunroof.I think prado comes standard with sunroof.
Old 8th March 2009, 01:18   #102
BHPian

25 lacs for a honda is too much lolz.
Old 8th March 2009, 01:22   #103
Senior - BHPian

Honda wont rule the market for long. Skoda is coming with a 3.6 V6 Superb..bhp in the high 200s
Old 8th March 2009, 01:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Honda wont rule the market for long. Skoda is coming with a 3.6 V6 Superb..bhp in the high 200s
That's news to me! Any idea when it's coming to India?
Old 8th March 2009, 01:47   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

superb is gonna be well snazzy and well "superb". i am sure. and skoda is solid build!! and lots more features for price. that i can tell with my eyes closed and cross my heart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks