Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 15:01   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Navin

Most of the new Camrys sold were bought by Hotels for their fleets. So they buy them at a much lesser price than the 29 lakh odd at which the Camry retails. The magic of EPCG here. Most of the Camrys I have seen are yellow plates and have Hotel logos on them. The new Camry hasnt sold much in the individual market.
i do agree there are a lot of yellow board camrys.. But in bangalore there are plenty normal white board's too,I wouldn't say it flopped.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:04   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not too many are going to move off showroom floors. And whichever do, are going to depreciate like stink.
Now that is a great piece of advice - these things will go for a very slight premium over the I4 in the used market.

25 lakhs for an Accord? I think Honda takes itself much too seriously here.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:09   #168
Senior - BHPian

BTW, how does the Accord V6 compare to the Petrol C class wrt price, performance, cost of ownership, price tag etc.

Shan2nu
Old 13th March 2009, 15:19   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hahaha sid, with hawai chappals. Awesome stuff. did you face any problems entering with hawai chappals. Skoda refused to show me the Laura a few years ago when IO entered with jeans and a t-shirt.
i noticed that too. I don't think they would have objected this time as they might have known by now of his Porsche experience

@Amit- Ya i too don't understand Honda's obsession with giving fake wood in almost all of its cars.
Old 13th March 2009, 16:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hahaha sid, with hawai chappals. Awesome stuff. did you face any problems entering with hawai chappals. Skoda refused to show me the Laura a few years ago when IO entered with jeans and a t-shirt.
i just got up, and was wearing my sports vest and nicker along with hawai chappals and yes, they casually allowed me.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:31   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Viddy you dont always get a Porsche Delhi type experience all the time. Like I mentioned earlier I walked into Mercedes when I was all of 17 years old with a college bag on my back and was treated like a king
Old 16th March 2009, 13:16   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I can see fake wood on the steering. Why do manufacturer's mess up things like this?! Why can't they just give leather wrapped steering instead of giving us 'old man' features like that in a V6?!
Hey amit these are good point s soon people will realise that it aint worth the 25lac price tag and then when honda wake s up from it s slumber it will cut down these stupid so called luxuries and come with a price tag of about 20 odd lacs ex showroom and that s when it just might sell !!!

Same applies to that umbrella drier in the rear door of the superb !! In india anybody owning superb will have people employed with umbrella s held out everywhere at the slightest hint of rain s !!

Last edited by m-hawk : 16th March 2009 at 13:17.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:00   #173
BHPian

its a great car with great power, performance, and space. agreed.no doubt.

if it was only the engine. then 21-22 lacs was ok. but but no other difference than that. except esp.(vsa)thats why 25 lac+price is hard to swallow.

when the superb v6 will launch. then it will be compared to honda v6. although honda has lil i think more power than superb v6. superb will be still more VFM then this.
Old 16th March 2009, 20:59   #174
BHPian

I almost agree with the pricing of Honda, as Honda knew since the first place that only the car enthusiasts would buy the V6. And anyone who would actually think of buying the V6 would already kno that no car under Rs 50 Lakh could beat this baby, and hence wouldnt have any issues spending 25L. The only thing that i cant understand is, knowing that only enthusiasts would buy this car, why didnt they offer the manual version instead of the automatic? Would have reduced the price by around 1.25L Too.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:13   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
I almost agree with the pricing of Honda, as Honda knew since the first place that only the car enthusiasts would buy the V6. And anyone who would actually think of buying the V6 would already kno that no car under Rs 50 Lakh could beat this baby, and hence wouldnt have any issues spending 25L. The only thing that i cant understand is, knowing that only enthusiasts would buy this car, why didnt they offer the manual version instead of the automatic? Would have reduced the price by around 1.25L Too.
well actually im pretty sure there are a couple cars under 50l that can beat it.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:26   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
Agreed.

Honda should had given the option of AT or MT.

I am sure, the enthusiastics dont mind even there is a delay of few days.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:42   #177
Senior - BHPian

Atrocious! Seems like Honda didn't learn anything from it's past experience of V6 auto...
Old 17th March 2009, 15:28   #178
BHPian

well if i had that 25L with me, i would have lended/begged some more and would have got the bmw 3 series disel instead of honda.(BMW fans!!!! ahhh)

In a serious note, they placed the new accord v6 in the correct position, when both performace and pricing are considered.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:09   #179
Senior - BHPian

Went all the way to Capitol Honda hoping to get a test drive (along with another guy who was taking delivery of his ANHC), was disappointed to know that the car reaches them only by end of this month!
Old 18th March 2009, 03:03   #180
BHPian

well.. when a few months back I had heard that honda is not going to launch the v6 here as it had got response for the earlier v6, I was very dissapointed.
and now when its launched, i am even more dissapointed! the irony
well to begin with, I think that honda has taken to its head, as they say "chaney ke jhaad pe chad gaya" and its now started taking indian customers for granted. for starters the ANHC is the most expensive and a lil overpriced but with very dissapointing features and interiors. the civic, is the only sensible buy in the entire honda line-up i think. the CR-V was as it is ridicously priced and now offering the same for somewhere near 30 lacs is trying to kill its own product. the V6 would have been justified at 25 only if they would have offered all the features the 2.4 is missing (colour centre display with navigation, steering mounted controls, xenons, sunroof, premium audio system, reverse parking camera, auto dimming rear view mirror, rear and rear-side window blinds) and with a much better suspension. but I guess with all these honda would have taken the price to somewhere 30-32 lacs!
it looks like the company is going downwards from here by killing its two finest products, the CR-V and the Accord V6.
and for the Skoda, man what better time to rectify its mistakes! now this is called the "chance pe dance" kind of thinking!
it learned from its previous mistakes and this time around priced its flagship really well with all the bells and whistles just when the market leader started acting like its smoking pot before deciding its pricing!
or else how on earth would you defend such rediculous price when a fairly respectable brand like skoda in india is offering its fully loaded, top of the line feature packed superb, at around 20 lacs!
and as far as the engine is concerned, the small 1.8L petrol of superb can reportedly leave behind honda's bigger 2.4 i-vtec behind in performance as well as fuel effiency wise!
I only wish that honda would soon realise its mistakes and rectify before its too late. because I always dreamt of owning the top V6 Accord one day, but now its killing my dream and instead giving me a new dream, Skoda Superb!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks