Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 22:49   #2296
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hey friends, I went to the nearest Mahindra showroom today to check out the XUV500, here are my first impressions -

Interior shots to follow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Some random pics of the XUV500. Pics taken at India Garage, St.Marks Road, Bangalore.
The grill like thing on the bumper is made of rubber? It does look like rubber to me. If so we might be able to take it off or repaint it right?

The white color in your pics do look excellent. I guess initially, the lights at the launch venue made the cars look worser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Other than that and the overtly overdone front bumper, I think this is an excellent value for money package. The over priced CBU imported Soft Roaders like Koleos, Santa Fe, Captiva etc should be feeling the heat. Chevy may as well stop production of the Captiva. I am not sure why anyone would want to get overpriced Korean Imports over the 5 oooh oooh.
I have a hunch that even Fortuner might feel the heat. Let's see what happens ! Others will forced to re-think their strategy or simply bring in the CKD versions and price it better !

Competition is really a sweet thing!
Old 30th September 2011, 23:00   #2297

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Did anyone notice the back door(hatch) when open, it does not have enough clearance space. I am 5.11 and I had bend a bit to stand under it, near the edge. Not a fix goof up, but I guess in their effort to provide the cheetah curve towards the back, the door ended up being lower then expected.

So if I buy and if I am ever handling luggage at the back, then I will have to bend my head slightly to avoid any bumps on my head. Negligent yet managed to notice it.

The sales staff at Malad, Mumbai were not able to help me with whether the second row seats lean back. I thought they did somewhat like the Xylo, but the sales staff said NO. Anyone else know about it ?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:02   #2298
BHPian

What is the top speed and braking distance. It seems to have all 4 disc brakes. Is the braking better in the ABS version. How does it fare on curves, any probability of falling down?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:02   #2299
Senior - BHPian

Seems XUV gonna be a winner for sure. Its good to see people reporting so many bookings already. Now eagerly waiting for the TBhp review. Congrats to those who booked it today. I guess we have 3 bookings on TBhp already.
Old 30th September 2011, 23:10   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Seems XUV gonna be a winner for sure. Its good to see people reporting so many bookings already. Now eagerly waiting for the TBhp review. Congrats to those who booked it today. I guess we have 3 bookings on TBhp already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
this is a very good input - I also would like to know where it stands in terms of Euro NCAP ratings.
"M&M did a total of 8500 bookings today all over India"
Mr Bawaskar
ASM M&M
G3 motors
Mumbai

I just hope I get my XUV before Diwali.
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 23:10   #2301
BHPian

"I did not notice a proper tow hook facility. The tow hook option must be there – the same way premium SUVs abroad have that facility. (No option as yet I think)"

No tow hook?? So this cannot tow and cannot be towed?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:11   #2302
Senior - BHPian

The sales guy told me that they are not sure about the on road price as of now. They say that Mahindra is looking at the response and then will decide. Also they are not sure yet that people who book now will get the current price. So that means its no use to hurry up and book it rightnow if you are thinking of cashing in on intro prices cause end of the day, you will be paying what everyone pays after intro prices. Is this true?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:18   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The sales guy told me that they are not sure about the on road price as of now. They say that Mahindra is looking at the response and then will decide. Also they are not sure yet that people who book now will get the current price. So that means its no use to hurry up and book it rightnow if you are thinking of cashing in on intro prices cause end of the day, you will be paying what everyone pays after intro prices. Is this true?
Trust me Dude,even if they up the price by a lakh rupee,I am GAME!!!
While Tding the XUV I had two friend who own innova and fortuner.The innova guy already called up the dealer for a exchange;and the fortuner guy was like totally

I already drive a new superb which has got mare bells and whistles;but trust me XUV is a BEAST
Old 30th September 2011, 23:21   #2304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post

No tow hook?? So this cannot tow and cannot be towed?
Every car has to have a tow hook. In some they are hidden inside the front bumper with a little cap to conceal it. Probably the question is 'does it have tow hook at the rear to tow other vehicles/trolleys'?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:27   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Every car has to have a tow hook. In some they are hidden inside the front bumper with a little cap to conceal it. Probably the question is 'does it have tow hook at the rear to tow other vehicles/trolleys'?
I agree. The first 2 lines of my post was a copy paste from shankar balan's post regarding the feedback given earlier on.
So what would that mean?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:27   #2306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 112 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
Just a small thought - Will the XUV have off-roading capabilities like the Safari and the Scorpio?
Sourav, the XUV500 is a softroader while the Safari and Scorpio have a completely different 4WD system, the significant advantage with the latter being the availability of a low-range transfer case. For more information on different types of 4wd systems a peek here would help. Your choice of vehicle, however, will depend on (a) your budget; (b) your perceived requirement of 4WD in the manner that you use your car; and (c) how well you understand 4WD and its use, and not spend money and unknowingly buy an additional gimmick in a car that you might not have any future use for at all.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 23:31   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Trust me Dude,even if they up the price by a lakh rupee,I am GAME!!!
While Tding the XUV I had two friend who own innova and fortuner.The innova guy already called up the dealer for a exchange;and the fortuner guy was like totally

I already drive a new superb which has got mare bells and whistles;but trust me XUV is a BEAST
I agree with you bro, this is one of the best thing happened to Indian automobile industry after a long time and even if they increase the price with 1 lakh, even then its a good buy.
However what i wanted to say was, why doesn't mahindra give credit to people like you (and maybe me, lets see tomorrow) who have gone ahead and booked the car before even trying it or to say fully understanding the behavior of the car. People like us deserve to get the current prices, don't you think so?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:33   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I agree. The first 2 lines of my post was a copy paste from shankar balan's post regarding the feedback given earlier on.
So what would that mean?
@shankar balan, can you clarify if you meant that there is now tow hook for towing this car or did you mean there is no towing hook at the rear for towing other cars?
Old 30th September 2011, 23:35   #2309
BHPian

Anyone who has test driven the vehicle please tell me weather the faux wood finish feels/looks cheap or its okay? Because in pictures ive seen on some reviews it does looks cheap, i would've preferred it to be shiny black and not the wood finish. But i havent seen the vehicle in person so wouldnt like to comment on this

Last edited by Y@SH : 30th September 2011 at 23:35. Reason: Spelling
Old 30th September 2011, 23:38   #2310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke

"M&M did a total of 8500 bookings today all over India"
Mr Bawaskar
ASM M&M
G3 motors
Mumbai

I just hope I get my XUV before Diwali.
8500 bookings for a 10L+ car in a day ? Must be a record right More than what Aria has done till date ? More than Safari's quarterly numbers ?

Shows how a awesome package with good pricing can succeed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks