Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 17:43   #3001

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Just a little OT question but its related to XUV only hence posting here.
=========
booking to someone else so that person would not have to wait and infact will receive the car instantly (hah such a noval idea nah)
had it been w8 awd, I would have asked you to transfer the booking to me, i am interested in W8 AWD unfortunately bookings have closed today.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:47   #3002
BHPian

My Booking Details -

XUV Model - W6
Color - Grey (with black interiors)
Dealer - Koncept Lajpat Nagar
Booking Date - 4th October
Promised Delivery Date- 3rd March 2012

I'm just worried about the introductory price being extended till March end. Looks vaguely possible beccause M&M would want to increase prices in a single go after the budgets are announced in March end.

In other news, got a call from M&M cust care and they offered a '1 year extended warranty'

The wait ... is crazy for both review by Tbhp and the delivery of my X6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Congratulations! What is the waiting time the dealer quoted? And do you have any idea of the interior color options?

Y@sh the waiting time is a seemingly neverending 5 months :( but as i gather the bookings have been stopped altogether, so am i glad or what!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th October 2011 at 18:04. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 17:47   #3003
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Its a strange that nobody is talking about the 180 bhp XUV 500 , still under testing.
I am. Infact I am hoping they launch the 170 bhp (thats what I have heard) by March-April 2011 & price it approx 16.5 on-road.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:58   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
(thats what I have heard)
170 Bhp is absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
by March-April 2011
I think you meant 2012, But given the amount of current bookings there is NO way that they will launch it next year.
Old 11th October 2011, 18:07   #3005
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Same is the case with us. We gave 50k cheque on 1st Oct but the dealer gave the computer receipt of 3rd. 2nd being a holiday and on 1st,there system was not functioning well in evening. But we haven't received any call till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijesh View Post
Did you ensure that the dealer punched in the order online on 1st Oct?. In my case I had made the booking i.e. paid the money on 1st Oct, but the dealer entered the order only on the 3rd. In between I was undecided on the colour and variant and I communicated only on the 2nd. The other aspect is that the colour and variant determines the del. dates.

I booked W8 FWD Silver and entered in the system on 3rd Oct at Bangalore and delivery date is 14th Jan 2012.

I heard from the dealer that someone who booked purple W8 AWD on 4th Oct got the delivery date as Nov 1st week!
Old 11th October 2011, 18:12   #3006
BHPian

Forum reviews are not just meant to make a decision of long term ownership (and not just moment of purchase) a well understood decision. With such a feverish response to a car launch - it becomes even more critical for the review to be objective, fool-proof and comprehensive - pointing out what one might discover only after a good length of ownership tenure. I am sure GTO and team have had to hold themselves really hard to be clinically precise about their evaluation.

Buying in such cases is calculated risk call. I went ahead and booked it (choosing a color option that would ensure minimal cancellation charges). In the event of TD report unearthing a gross error /mismatch with my expectations, I will cancel it.

Last edited by GTO : 11th October 2011 at 21:26. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 11th October 2011, 18:35   #3007
BHPian

Just wild thought ... Union budget is also come in 2012 .. would it effect price or some extra duty?
Old 11th October 2011, 18:51   #3008
BHPian

With govt's subsidy burden on Diesel increasing every month, there is already a mounting pressure on govt to either increase the diesel price or levy additional taxes on diesel cars. I think the likely hood of second option looks more possible at the moment. Also the taxes might be higher on vehicle above 10L ....

So this budget could definitely bring a surprise element for Diesel passenger vehicles.
Registration charges for diesel vehicle has already gone up in Delhi since this month beginning.
Lets keep the fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Just wild thought ... Union budget is also come in 2012 .. would it effect price or some extra duty?
Old 11th October 2011, 18:52   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Ah lady luck! I just saw out on a TD on my way back from work at Lajpat Nagar , it was headed back in the direction of South Extension.

In terms of road presence , its got it - the side profile and the front really make that car stick out , this was in green making it stand out even more. Tried to take a photograph but unfortunately we were headed in 2 different directions so unable.

Very imposing stance when one sees it in the rear view mirror , enough traffic slowing down to get abreast of the vehicle. From the back its nothing to rave about , looks a bit tall but could be slightly off on that given it was twilight and the car did not have any lights on which i would have loved to see from the front.
Old 11th October 2011, 18:57   #3010
BHPian

Confirmed with ASM of M&M.All variants bookings closed.
Mods can we change the topic to xuv launched and now bookings closed.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:01   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Its a strange that nobody is talking about the 180 bhp XUV 500 , still under testing.

Do we have any more info on this? since the bookings are all closed for now and the delivery is now @ around March 2012, would it be worth waiting for the higher BHP mule? by then we will also get the detailed TD from T-BHP for the current mule.... Probably by then it would be a common site of this vehicle on Indian roads...

Hope the Innova/Sumo Taxis don't start looking for this and degrade its current appeal due to the price advantage....

Old 11th October 2011, 19:51   #3012
Senior - BHPian

@ JoG,

Trust me, it will take the taxi market by storm. Three rows of seating, good mileage and at Innovaish prices, not to mention SUV looks, the fleet buyers will have a field day with this thing.

Mahindra is a highly trusted brand with Taxi/Fleet buyers, second only to perhaps Toyota and by far no.1 in rural areas. Expect to see hundreds of yellow plated XUVs running about.
Old 11th October 2011, 20:25   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Do we have any more info on this? since the bookings are all closed for now and the delivery is now @ around March 2012, would it be worth waiting for the higher BHP mule? by then we will also get the detailed TD from T-BHP for the current mule.... Probably by then it would be a common site of this vehicle on Indian roads...

Hope the Innova/Sumo Taxis don't start looking for this and degrade its current appeal due to the price advantage....

I only got to know from my trusted source that it is under testing, 179 bhp to be precise. Though not sure about the launch.
Old 11th October 2011, 20:51   #3014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I have to get the insurance done from the dealer.

He has tata AIG,Icici lombard and chola mandalam.

Which one is the best,I also heard about the 0% dep plan which Sam kapasi had got for his superb?
Please take insurance from an outside vendor or directly from the service providers - you will save quite some bucks. Try Bajaj Allianz also please. Again the BEST quote depends on the agents who handle all these. Here in my native, my friend got the BEST deal from HDFC ! So please take your time do the ground work. And yes, its better to opt for a full cover [bumper-bumper cover] for a brand new car. Pay some extra cash, but you don't pay a single rupee if some repairs come in during the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A photo from my friend who saw it at Mumbai.
Oops !! Did I just fall in love again with this car after mercilessly bashing it on the launch night?

Quote:
I only got to know from my trusted source that it is under testing, 179 bhp to be precise. Though not sure about the launch.
Infact I read about this 170 bhp version long time back in Autocar India report. They also claim that this might be a twin turbo version !

Guys, chill please! You cannot blame the lost opportunity on this forum or the mods. If you are located on one of the 5 cities where this car was launched, then you always had the opportunity of booking one. If you missed, well... your mistake & bad luck. If you belong to a city where the car is yet to be launched, then we all are in the same boat and we have nothing but our fate to curse.

Lets understand & agree to certain points here.

1. This forum / mods never guarantee that they will be out with the reviews within any deadline, for any launch.

2. None of us - neither the members nor the visitors pay a single rupee for the mods to do these jobs. They do it out of passion & time taken out of their day-to-day commitments.

3. I don't think any of the mods here is solely appointed to work for this forum or doing reviews. I guess all of them have a mainstream job to earn their livelihood and they spent their leisure time for the benefit of this community.

4. Please put yourselves in their shoes & think how will you feel if some members post such messages - For sure, I will be irritated if I am one of the mods.

5. team-bhp reviews are NOT the ultimate decision making option for any one !! It is the customer themselves, and decision should ideally be taken after extensive TDs and convincing yourself about the vehicle you want to choose. t-bhp review is just an instrument to help / smoothen your decision making.

As a member, even I am desperately waiting for the review to come out. And there are lots of us who wish it's out soon. Since GTO has made it clear that they are done with testing, there could be something that's causing the delay to post it. Let's appreciate their work so far & continue to support them instead of flaming them.

Last edited by GTO : 11th October 2011 at 21:29. Reason: Your post is intact. Deleting quoted posts as they have been deleted
swiftnfurious is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 20:58   #3015
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Yet to see any in Delhi , i would be surprised given the exterior design if this car did not stand out or have a presence on the road - maybe a bit meek from the rear but the side and the front profile should turn some heads on the road.
i saw two of these w8 beasts at shahjahan road today, numbered consecutively (temporary registration), both from prime motors, all decked up with ribbons and carnations zipping through the traffic in the evening. i left my homebound route and followed them in the opposite direction.saw them from as close as possible from all angles for about 6-7 minutes. i must say, they have an awesome road presence. even the interiors with the red lit lamp looked appealing to me. Am headed to a mahindra showroom this weekend.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks