Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 23:05   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

I am doing my final year project at a prominent auto components company in bangalore. I saw today in their instrument console assembly line(they make consoles for figo,polo,manza,indica,i20) there was a Mahindra W201 line too. Had a look at the instrument console,it looked cool,2 seperate pods for a large tacho and speedo.Tacho was redlined at 5500 rpm and speedo marked till 220kmph. On asking the production manager he confirmed that the car will be launched in the 3rd quarter of 2011 and they have no idea of the official name because Mahindra hasnt decided yet.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:53   #977
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

wow! this thread has covers so much about the vehicle! Lets hope the issues that Mahindra is dealing with are not too complicated other than that of the supply chain.

Mahindra should be able to under cut the pricing of this vehicle by at least 8-10 lacs as compared to that of the Santa Fe if Mahindra wants to have sustainable numbers. I like what Mahindra did with the Xylo pricing in comparison to the Innova. Xylo is 25% chaper at least which makes it a VFM product.

IMO Santa Fe is overpriced for a Hyundai. If the price of the Mahindra matched that of a Fortuner while matching the feature list of the Santa Fe they have a realistic chance of 'Segment best seller'
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:39   #978
BHPian

Hi guys,

One of my friends is working in the same Automobile Component Company that avishar is talking about and according to him this Mahindra SUV would be costing around 22-24 lacs. I was shocked and asked him if he was sure for which he said that is what Mahindra have told them during development stages.

I'm still shocked and wondering how Mahindra can all of a sudden jump into this premium category. I feel the customer has many choices which are proven beyond doubt in this category of SUV's.

If this information is right, then god save Mahindra!
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:53   #979
BHPian

22-24 lakhs would be a mistake, by end of 2012 the market will change dynamically with lot more options, with the X1 its changing even now and I doubt Mahindra would take a chance on this, unless they want the car to remain a figurehead branding project with low volumes.
Old 23rd February 2011, 02:37   #980
BHPian

Please check their facebook page Mahindra w201 , the price range would be between 15-17 lakh . I do not think they will price it so high , no way.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:11   #981
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Looking at the pic posted here, I have a feeling that the 3rd row seating comfort might not be great! Also the sloping roofline doesn't help either.

Though the vehicle seems big in other pictures, the one shown above looks small, something like the CRV (may be its due to the stickering which is creating such an illusion)
@SRK,
You're very good with PS; aren't you? Can you please PS this picture and get rid of those psychedelic zebra lines?

BH
Old 24th February 2011, 10:45   #982
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
@SRK,
You're very good with PS; aren't you? Can you please PS this picture and get rid of those psychedelic zebra lines?

BH
Hi, BurningHeart

I am not a pro in Photoshop, just can get my stuff done with it (i.e. renderings).

As fas as the rendering for this vehicle is concerned I have made a few.

Source: Rendered - Mahindra W201 rear, side profile | Indian Autos blog

This is the best design by Mahindra yet.

Regards,
SRK
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2011, 11:04   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, BurningHeart

I am not a pro in Photoshop, just can get my stuff done with it (i.e. renderings).

As fas as the rendering for this vehicle is concerned I have made a few.
Source: Rendered - Mahindra W201 rear, side profile | Indian Autos blog

Regards,
SRK
Your skills in photoshop are impressive! I have been using photoshop on and off for about 10 years!

agree with you on the point of it being the best designed mahindra yet. The front wheel arches are very different in the rendering and the photograph. I wonder what the final design will look like.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:00   #984
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
SRK
[COLOR=black]Your skills are impressive, but the car in the spy pics looks bulkier than your design which is far more sleeker and proportionate. Wish the actual product is as good looking as your designs.[/COLOR]
Old 24th February 2011, 12:58   #985
BHPian

Good job SRK! It sure looks aggressive and mean the way you have presented it. The detailing is awesome. Hope the actual vehicle looks the same! Though, I wish the rear was a bit more attractive as the front in your design (wish the same in actual production vehicle too).

Appreciate your skill and efforts dude! I do some sketching stuff too, but have never used photoshop software on my sketches yet. Have to explore this someday..
Old 25th February 2011, 19:25   #986
BHPian

Quote:
But i must admit that you are very good!

That said, the vehicle looks amazing! Mahindra seems to have a winner as far as styling goes. What i sincerely hope is that they get the mechanical's right so that the vehicle can be termed as niggle free. Hopefully they would work on the plastics they use as well!
Old 1st March 2011, 14:48   #987
Senior - BHPian

Spotted near Baddi,industrial town in HP,by a bhpian's cousin.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-suv.jpg  

Old 1st March 2011, 14:56   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Spotted near Baddi,industrial town in HP,by a bhpian's cousin.

Akshay,

Good sighting! Infact if you llok closely, one can see the van based on Maximo platform, the Mini Xylo as well. Any more snaps?
Old 1st March 2011, 14:56   #989
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice & chunky, now if only they get the interiors right......
Old 1st March 2011, 15:16   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Akshay,

Good sighting! Infact if you llok closely, one can see the van based on Maximo platform, the Mini Xylo as well. Any more snaps?
the guy,who clicked it,is not a bhpian,so i am thankful to him for at least clicking this.
and yeah i also noticed the vehicles behind and around it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks