Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 00:20   #1006
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
I didn't know it before seeing this post that all these vehicles look so similar. Hope what Test Vehicle we are following is truly a Mahindra vehicle and not from other manufacturers Nissan Maurano/Renault Dacia Duster.

Just put together for better comparison. First is what our fellow bhpians captured, second is a rendered one from InidanCarsBikes.in, the third is from nissan-insight.

Attachment 514901Attachment 514911Attachment 514903

What you think of it?
You are right, the overall stance of W201, the way the headlamps curve over the wheel arches resemble the pre facelist Murano a great deal. But you can ignore the picture on the right...if you look closely it is actually a Murano with some PS work at the front and back.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:31   #1007
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Saw, W201 yesterday night (around 9PM) in front of Bosch, Main Gate, Hosa Road (Nagnathpura). Looked taller than Xylo, but perhaps the same length. But the cabin length looked much lesser than Xylo. The tyre/wheel looked like a R18, but there was a huge gap in wheel well - looked as if the body has been raised for some purpose. Infact the vehicle body was sitting very high for a typical monocoque design, looked more like a body on frame one. It also had those bluish white headlamps.

Last edited by LobsterB : 16th March 2011 at 10:32.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:08   #1008
BHPian

If you see some of the spy pics the car seems to be tested at different heights. In some pics it looks really low like an outlander and in other much higher like the Scorpio.

Given Renault is planning to launch the Duster in 2012 which is apparently a big hit in Europe with unheard of waiting periods mainly due to its no non sense styling and 4x4 capability at a good price, Mahindra have a job on their hands getting this out this year.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:33   #1009
BHPian

Did you guys see todays adv. in Times of India for Mahindra? 9 full page adv in Times of India Pune edition. Phew..Lot of brand building going on. Is the launch any time soon.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:42   #1010
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this ad is apparently a local phenomenon - it didnt appear in the Bangalore edition.
is it possible to scan and post? there was only a Mahindra Ad in Bangalore today that said RISE but it was quite copy heavy so I didnt bother reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Did you guys see todays adv. in Times of India for Mahindra? 9 full page adv in Times of India Pune edition. Phew..Lot of brand building going on. Is the launch any time soon.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:51   #1011
Senior - BHPian

I think I read in the newspaper (HT - Business section) today or yesterday that the Mahindra World SUV will be launched in the next fiscal. This was the statement by Pawan Goenka.

Mahindra World SUV ... so near yet so far ...
Old 18th March 2011, 12:10   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post

Posting the link here:ePaper Lite - Times of India Publications

It is the massive brand building exercise by Mahindra & more to do with their recruitment and expansion drive (note the e-mail id given at the bottom on each ad).
Old 18th March 2011, 12:33   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I think I read in the newspaper (HT - Business section) today or yesterday that the Mahindra World SUV will be launched in the next fiscal. This was the statement by Pawan Goenka.

Read the Story here: Mahindras to launch 'global SUV' next fiscal - Hindustan Times

Still how long???
Old 18th March 2011, 13:34   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
this ad is apparently a local phenomenon - it didnt appear in the Bangalore edition.
is it possible to scan and post? there was only a Mahindra Ad in Bangalore today that said RISE but it was quite copy heavy so I didnt bother reading it.
Direct links to epaper below...

Old 18th March 2011, 13:37   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Slight OT: But found those ads extremely annoying, right in the middle of the newspaper.
They could have possibly gone for a supplement or so.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:11   #1016
BHPian

a W201 is parked in the Delphi garage in the office building I work, from the front it looks more like the previous generation outlander (without the jet fighter grill) and side profile is more like the Nissan Murano. The suv is low slung and I think R17 tires on it. will try to get some pics when they take it out of the wire mesh enclosure.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:51   #1017
BHPian

According to sources, the company had already started the production of the car.
But sorry cannot tell the name of the car.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:08   #1018
Senior - BHPian

As per indiancarsbike.in, M&M have launched the Xylo celebration edition again to Mark 2 years of the MUV. Please refer the link below:

Launched: 2011 Mahindra Xylo MPV Celebration Edition II! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

@rajess_in, thank you for the HT link.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:42   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
According to sources, the company had already started the production of the car.
But sorry cannot tell the name of the car.
I just got an update from a dealer in Delhi-NCR region & an old friend of mine ( I bought my Scorpio from him in 2005), that the launch is scheduled for mid April in US & a month later in India. M&M have already started to display W201 (he does not know the name as yet) to the dealers & their workshop mechanics are being trained on this new product. This dealership is expecting a huge booking, starting early May. His friendly advise to me was to wait for at least 6 months, let the SUV stabilize in the market, before buying it.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 18th March 2011 at 15:43.
Old 18th March 2011, 17:46   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

Next fiscal means April 2011 onwards. The fiscal year runs April last year to March this year. The current fiscal ends on March 31st 2011. So the launch is due in the next couple of months.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks