Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:58   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Guys, I am sorry if I am asking an repetitive question- When is W201 supposed to be launched in India? As I am waiting for it and would want to give M&M an year or so to sort out the initial launch niggles(as always!!)
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:08   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Guys, I am sorry if I am asking an repetitive question- When is W201 supposed to be launched in India? As I am waiting for it and would want to give M&M an year or so to sort out the initial launch niggles(as always!!)
Diwali looks like a very much possible time for the launch or by Jan 2012 at the max. Anand Mahindra has been tweeting that "the launch should be soon", but has not provided an ETA on the same. Also some of the recent pic shows a production ready interior, so the launch should be around the corner. If we get the same trim / quality as rest of the world [which W201 is supposed to be] there many not be many issues.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd June 2011 at 21:12.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:11   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Swiftnfurious for your prompt reply.

I am on for W201! Let us see when it is coming out of the zebra covers.
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:15   #1114
BHPian

I don't agree Mahindra is value for money, Scorpio is retailing at 13-15 lakhs, sure there are cheaper versions but they don't have airbags. How is that value for money unless there is too much inflation. If you want niche develop a niche vehicle with the technology, features and r&d to justify premium pricing.

If you want to do the standard stuff and just position as premium with nothing to back it up apart from high pricing and just you saying so with a couple of hardcore supporters who want to be in unique vehicles to amplify that doesn't make a strategy for success.

Aria has shown outlandish prices will not work unless income levels rise substantially, folks who will spend 17-20 plus today will probably not be so price sensitive and go for better brands. If the W201 is 16 onwards it will have a hard time imho, not only from cars like Fortuner but new launches expected.
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:29   #1115
Senior - BHPian

I detest the AC vents that look like a mosquito coil And I hate the beige/ brown trim with wood inserts on a rugged SUV! Black and grey interiors with silver accents or supple chrome highlighting would work wonders IMHO. Exteriors have the butch look required for an SUV, but girly round OVRMs look like they belong to the Santro! :(
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 06:41   #1116
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

too general a statement shortbread. yes in my opinion it still does not measure up to lets say the Captiva's standards of interior fit finish and so on. the panel gaps are also there to see. electronics etc are yet unproven and I do get worried about whether these will take the beating in the long haul.
overall the aria is a nice concept but as you said the 4wd is a waste in this sort of vehicle in India.
if only they had positioned it closer to the innova with 2wd it would have swamped the market.
an indian made tata vehicle simply doesnt command the sort of premium they are asking for it. honestly, it is expensive whichever way you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
@ Shankar Balan,

The Aria does not have any quality or fit and finish issues, but I agree with the points regarding pricing and brand perception. I also think there was no use equipping Aria with 4WD etc...as most customers will struggle to find any value in this.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:51   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I detest the AC vents that look like a mosquito coil And I hate the beige/ brown trim with wood inserts on a rugged SUV! Black and grey interiors with silver accents or supple chrome highlighting would work wonders IMHO. Exteriors have the butch look required for an SUV, but girly round OVRMs look like they belong to the Santro! :(
You just read my mind mate. Why do Mahindra designers think that if it looks different from anything else on the road. The AC vents are a joke, not to mention brown interiors.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:55   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
You just read my mind mate. Why do Mahindra designers think that if it looks different from anything else on the road. The AC vents are a joke, not to mention brown interiors.
Yes boss, the Exteriors are well turned out, but sadly the Designers were in the mood for some experimental designs and now we have innovative, quirky mosquito coils blocking the AC flow
Old 24th June 2011, 14:31   #1119
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the curse of our lives - vinyl-ish faux wood trim and miserable dirt catching beige interiors. only us indians are crazy about this el cheapo sort of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Yes boss, the Exteriors are well turned out, but sadly the Designers were in the mood for some experimental designs and now we have innovative, quirky mosquito coils blocking the AC flow
Old 24th June 2011, 14:42   #1120
Senior - BHPian

They can resolve those mosquito coils by colouring them black, instead of the biege so that they dont stand out. I pray they ditch the vulgar overdose of faux wood for something more classy. Both these are not major changes.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:08   #1121
BHPian

Her are some more pics, where the lines are a bit more clear- Pics courtesy ACI
Full report herehttp://www.autocarindia.com/news/mm-...st-undisguized
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-w20101.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-w20102.jpg  

Last edited by powertrain : 29th June 2011 at 20:11.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:33   #1122
Senior - BHPian

The W201 is the best looking Mahindra yet. Front & rear overhang is minimal for an SUV. Meaty alloys are great too. Looks as if M&M are going ahead with the mHawk engine. Is it not on the heavier side and just how will it affect the handling of the W201?

Ssangyong has a 2.7 litre and a smaller 2 litre CDi motor in its lineup. Might be only a matter of time before Ssangyong powertrain makes it way into future M&M products.
Old 29th June 2011, 21:30   #1123
Senior - BHPian

By far, this seems to be the best looking Mahindra yet with the camouflage. But, as Autocar India has rightly pointed out, the most important thing is that Mahindra should not add too many garish and downright ridiculous design elements in this car. That will completely spoil the classy yet understated design that this SUV seem to possess.

We all know and saw what Mahindra did to the Logan and called it Verito. Those kind of details, if added to the W201, might completely kill it. I sincerely hope Mahindra will act sensibly this time around.
Old 29th June 2011, 23:07   #1124
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the proportions of this car will help in handling too! It just doesnt look like a box and gives more of a planted look from the side profile. Since its not very tall, it should handle well. I cant wait for this car ! If they have done well, it can shake the segment violently ! And I seriously hope they have the same trim as ours for export also.
Old 30th June 2011, 00:14   #1125
BHPian

Shape of bumper , curved headlights and slopping windshields reminds me of the Nissan Murano

overall SUV looks good and something new for us .
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-murano.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks