Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 09:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

i am just waiting this vehicle to be launched!
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:42   #62
BHPian

I really doubt the next Scorpio will grow to these dimensions in its next avtaar.
This would be the next Premium SUV from Mahindra as guys mentioned in here.
That news was confirmed when Mahindra confiremed its platform / model line-up last year
Found a link here: Mahindra to develop new vehicles
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:11   #63
BHPian

This is a very well Camouflaged test vehicle, tail lamps, head lights and mirrors are temporary fitment. this could be 2010 TATA safary as well.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Is MH-15 Nasik or Pune?
yes you are right
mh 15 nasik / mh 12 pune

when scorpio was first launched in 2002, the scorpio was in development stage for 5/4 years just as xylo.
the company claimed that they tested scorpio for the distance which is equal to distance between earth & moon, which you can see in the overdrive mag (2002).

xylo was in development around 4 years,
i have seen it myself 2 years back in pune.
as in case of 12+ lack SUV (for mahindras),
the company is very keen to make world debut with vehicle made in house.
i think they are testing it for a long time now.

but almost all Indian companies have a tradition to give us low quality vehicles then the export ones, just like royal enfield and they also launch it after their launch in other countries.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

guys i just used my most trusted source and found it about the test mule.....

It is M&M vehicle and it will be a global launch (read america) along with India. because till now its only the tractors which are sold in USA by M&M.

and now M&M have tasted blood with the success of scorpio....they want to move into a bigger league!

M&M have not decided on the name as of yet.....so keep thinking!

Last edited by Parm : 23rd February 2009 at 12:18.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:39   #66
BHPian

I saw the same one at Chennai last week Thursday. It was near the bye pass to Tambaram
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
but almost all Indian companies have a tradition to give us low quality vehicles then the export ones, just like royal enfield and they also launch it after their launch in other countries.
Great !!! All low quality plastic/body sheet/ Tyre... But I believe they build good quality stuff to export outside. Its not only the car same applies to many other industry like Cloth,Coffe,Tea.

but ironically we paid extra as a name of TAX.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:35   #68
BHPian

No grill, Well then i guess they are continuing with the new 'family grill' as seen in Xylo. That would make the UV hopeless whatever the features are.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:21   #69
BHPian

This pics resemble to tata xover and not the mahindra suv.Look at the lights and this definately the tata xover.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

In these recessionary times when SUV sales are the most hit in the WEST, why is M&M developing this for the US market ? Is this going to be cheaper than similar models from GM/FORD ?? To the best of my knowledge, diesel is not priced lower than petrol in the US. so that is not going to be an advantage either
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
This pics resemble to tata xover and not the mahindra suv.Look at the lights and this definately the tata xover.
i think its a mahindra bacause of 3 reasons:

1) scorpio tail light
2) MH-15 registration: mahindra's plant is in nashik, all mahindra test mules carry MH-15 registration.
3) mahindra's company owned scorpio along with the test mule.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:00   #72
Senior - BHPian

In the wake of the bad times that has hit the US and Mahindra's plans of launching this butch there, the only name that I can think of is "koi to Lelo" on the Mahindra Xylo.

Also, have the mahindra guys forgotten that the "Era of SUV's is Over" in the US?
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:23   #73
NIP
Senior - BHPian

stunning scoop !! its definitely a mahindra and i'm waiting for this one to launch !! kudos M&M !
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Points to Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
So true!

This could be a civilian version of AXE! Use of same engine & a slightly diff. khokha, taking the game to the next level!
I second that. A vehicle of this size could only be the civilian version of the Axe.

A few months back, Vardhan Kondvikar of Top Gear magazine drove the military version. It was a very wide vehicle (quite similar to the pic) and had a huge track. He commented at the end of the story that M&M was contemplating launching the civilian version sometime in 2010.

Note another point, guys. If this indeed had been a Fortuner or some such premium SUV from a foreign manufacturer, they would have had a ready vehicle which they would cover up and let loose on the road. Why would they take out the original tail lamps and put in Mahindra tail lamps? Secondly, every vehicle has its own wheel size and thickness. A foreign manufacturer's test mule would use its OEM tyres. Are we to presume that JK Designed Elanzos already for a foreign vehicle which hasnt even hit the market?
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:30   #75
BHPian

I remember Pawan goenka saying (during xylo launch) that they would launch more vehicles in the xylo platform. Could this be one of them? But it sure is big!

IMO this is not Indicruz because the hood is straight unlike in indicruz it is sloped like the innova.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks