Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 23:53   #121
BHPian

this one look really huge. If its Manindra then expect some aggressive pricing. Also cheap spares and decent reliability.

But still we are not sure its a Mahindra till then fingers crossed.
Old 25th February 2009, 23:56   #122
Senior - BHPian

looks like the xylo in the first look

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
The car seems to leaking some fluid. May be its the radiator.

The look of the car looks promising. I hope they don't make it look like the Xylo.
Old 26th February 2009, 07:56   #123
Senior - BHPian

believe me these tvs buggers are a REAL Pain in TN. They drive in the opp side of the road and come head on(even on 4-6 lane highways) These people lack one major ingredient found in Normal Human Beings and that is Common sense.
By the looks this will launch in 2-3 months.
and yea a really bad start for the car.An accident before it was launched!!
Old 26th February 2009, 09:00   #124
BHPian

vibhu_f430 - Can you post a couple of these pics in the Accidents in India forum here on TBHP. I am sure you would be the first guy on this forum to be posting accident pics of a yet to be released car.
badboyscad - Thats an amazing rendering. Loved it.
Old 26th February 2009, 09:33   #125
BHPian

@vinaydas

We escaped a major accident few months back, :-) when a tvs-50 came in the opposite direction in banglore highway..My friend who was driving the car had to brake hard, the car toppled hit the barricade and went on to hit a bolero which came at the other end..Luckily all five of us inside the car were wearing the seat belts hence escaped unhurt..
These tvs-50s are real mennace in high ways and almost every town beside bangalore highway has a set of deadly tvs-50 riders....

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd March 2009 at 02:48. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please read the Team-BHP rules before continuing.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:27   #126
BHPian

We all are tracking this new SUV for the past 7 days and bang the mystery unfolds with the SUV crashing into a tene mene TVS.

What a start for this SUV? But must add this looks like a huge SUV definitely in the category of the FORD Endura.

I am not sure why this SUV is on roads already, it looks far from complete and surely this is legally not meant to be tested on regular road.
Some one in the authorities must take M&M to task for their negligence. This is actually no value for Human's. Not at all accepted.

Cars have to be tested completely, but with proper security on a test track, and not on the regular roads.
I am sure all Team-Bhp’ians will agree with me on this.

Last edited by rajchetan : 26th February 2009 at 10:30.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:54   #127
mxx
BHPian

I believe I read something in teambhp a thread mentioning a 180bhp suv from mahindra for US market. Is this it?

a funny comment in a blog i found while browsing about plans by mahindra to introduce vehicles in US. Tries to explain why Indians are not interested in safety.

"My guess would be that the USA has MUCH stricter regulations on things like crash Safety & emissions than India does.... while the USA's idea of crash safety consists air bags & crumple zones, the Indians idea, as far as I understand, is that they aren't as bothered as they believe they'll be reincarnated."

Now that is why even manufacturers are not interested in providing safety features.

Last edited by mxx : 26th February 2009 at 11:03.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:42   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Just a crude rendering.
If it looks as good as this sketch, then M&M definitely has made good progress in bringing better looking vehicles.
Just wondering whether the front has the same grill as that of Xylo .
Old 27th February 2009, 15:21   #129
BHPian

Superb find vibhu_f430! Really nice exterior/interior. Superbly Butch looking! Maybe an engine option of a 2.2 CRDe tuned to 140-150 bhp would do make me take my cheque-book out!
Old 27th February 2009, 15:33   #130
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please excuse my ignorance but I've seen a few posts here praising the interiors to high heaven. I'm wondering - is this based on the view through the front passenger window or is there a picture that I'm missing?

So far, the only really good looking stuff I can see is BBS's sketch & at the moment, one can only hope & pray for something like that

Last edited by suman : 27th February 2009 at 15:35.
Old 27th February 2009, 17:41   #131
BHPian

looks good hopefully will launch earlier than expected... finally a Indian SUV after Safari

Last edited by guru : 27th February 2009 at 17:49.
Old 27th February 2009, 19:17   #132
BHPian

Look at that vehicle. It has no body panels, there is metal sticking out everywhere under the plastic cover careless strung around it. It can cause severe damage to pedestrians even at 2 kmph. How can we allow vehicles at these stages of development on public roads? Yes, we do have tractors being recklessly by the farmers across the roads but this IMO is worse. I am wondering if they havent finished the body panels etc, how do we know that the internals are all tested and verified?

I would be more comfortable, if they test these vehicles on the busy public roads after getting to a roadworthy state.

BH.
Old 27th February 2009, 21:28   #133
BHPian

Saw this in Bangalore too.

I saw this masked vehicle on Bannerghatta Road in Bangalore today around 5.45 in the evening. You have a Scorpio showroom infront of IIM (I guess it is called Vijay sales or something like that). This monster was coming out of their work shop. I am pretty sure it is a Mahindra vehicle and not from any other brand.

My cell phone does not have a camera and hence could not take pics. The vehicle does look big. The taillights are definetely from the old scorpio.
Old 27th February 2009, 23:31   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I can't believe that you guys are going at Mahindra for testing this vehicle on the open roads. I suppose you guys have not seen the plight of some of the State Transport Buses or some lorries with rusted body panels sticking out to maim pedestrians/two wheeler riders and damage other cars. A corporate taxi sumo in Bangalore is more dangerous to other road goers than this SUV.

If you list the problems we are faced with on Indian roads Mahindra roadtesting the next generation SUV is the least of my worries.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 27th February 2009 at 23:33.
Old 28th February 2009, 14:11   #135
BHPian

look at the interior it has got climate control,steering mounted control,independent instrument cluster. and it is sure a mahindra because look at the steering which other indian car has on oval badge other than M&M
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks