Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 13:57   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
@Tushky, i think you are right there. I don't know why, but i think it is the Duster with heavily/completely redesign or,or,or is it Duster itself.

@shortbread, very rightly said, i too think it could be Renault/Dacia product to be badged Mahindra. some time back Mahindra's even approached Ssangyong for a proper SUV.
Seems very much based on Duster SUV
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-1.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-2.jpg  

Old 12th December 2009, 14:23   #332
BHPian

Oh yes !, great job Tushky now its the perfect angles and pic's to compare both.
by the way did the vehicle involved in hitting the bike ??
any way these testing drivers do drive fast and roughly, especialy if some is trying to capture the pic's. is it the same case here ??

Look at the mirror's !!

Or is it no Mahindra at all !, may be Renault coming up with SUV, and just because of the temp. regn. plate of MH 15, since the day one all are assuming it to be a Mahindra SUV ???

What say senior Bhpiens ??

Mod's sorry for back to back replies !

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 13th December 2009 at 19:11. Reason: See note in post
Old 12th December 2009, 14:49   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
@tushky

i am glad that you pointed this out.

i already did the same, on another thread, started by sidindica, for the dacia duster, but people did not think so.

i think mahindra is going to launch dacia duster as their own here.

the more and more i look at this the more i can point out the similarities.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:03   #334
BHPian

@pb10gagan, dude if this is the case, you too deserves a pat on the back.

Last edited by ganesh_evo75 : 12th December 2009 at 15:07.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:31   #335
Senior - BHPian

tushky and pb10gagan, I think you guys are bang on. Good job.
The similarities are too many to be ignored. Renault probably want to make their JV fruitful after the logan's so-so performance in india.
Old 12th December 2009, 16:07   #336
BHPian

if this isi indeed the renault one, then any chances of it being launched at the expo?
Old 12th December 2009, 17:19   #337
Senior - BHPian

1) Dacia Duster is 4.31 mtrs. long and 1.82 mtr. wide. If these are going to be standards of the new SUV from Mahindra, then I am sure they will not find success unless its sold with a very low price tag.

2) Current Scorpio is 4.495 mtrs. long, so is this SUV shorter than and overall smaller than Scorpio ? And with the given length of duster, I dont think that they will be to install 3rd row of seats.

IMHO, although it meets the looks and observations, I think this is not Duster SUV or may be I dont want to accept that this is Duster SUV. If its Duster, its one more wrong move as Duster is smaller than Scorpio and Indian market's perception says that it must be priced below Scorpio. If they place it below Scorpio, Logan will be the most hit.
Old 13th December 2009, 07:20   #338
BHPian

it is surely not the dacia duster. i am sure of it..
Old 13th December 2009, 16:48   #339
Senior - BHPian

I know its too premature to decide if the Mahi SUV is the Duster based on a heavily camouflaged prototype but there are a lot of hints (insignificant but hints nonetheless)
  • The exhaust positioned on the passenger side rear.
  • The rear view mirrors look very similar.
I agree that there is a tendency to insist on 3rd row SUV seats in India, but plenty of big selling SUVs rely on a 5 seat arrangement, even the CRV has sold well in India.
I think there is potential for a compact, great handling SUV at a competitive price, rather than the oversized, overweight behemoths that we have grown to love.
Old 13th December 2009, 18:59   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I don't think so because the 2010 Mahindra SUV is assumed to be their global SUV with launches outside india especially US riding on it.

May be Mahinra SUV could be derive some minor stuff from dacia duster, but if it resembles duster then IMO mahindra can kiss success outside india goodbye. But it could still be a success in india..
Old 13th December 2009, 19:06   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
aaggoswami : 1) Dacia Duster is 4.31 mtrs. long and 1.82 mtr. wide. .

2) Current Scorpio is 4.495 mtrs. long, so is this SUV shorter than and overall smaller than Scorpio ?
@aaggoswami, it could also be that the shortening has happened at the front, keeping sufficient cabin room. Let's wait & watch.
Old 13th December 2009, 23:35   #342
Senior - BHPian

I too think it is the same. May be this one coming under Renault name itself as a compact SUV and Mahindra will launch their global SUV later in the coming year. Both will belong to totally different segment and the Scorpio also gels well in between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Dacia Duster is 4.31 mtrs. long and 1.82 mtr. wide. If these are going to be standards of the new SUV from Mahindra, then I am sure they will not find success unless its sold with a very low price tag.

2) Current Scorpio is 4.495 mtrs. long, so is this SUV shorter than and overall smaller than Scorpio ? And with the given length of duster, I dont think that they will be to install 3rd row of seats.

IMHO, although it meets the looks and observations, I think this is not Duster SUV or may be I dont want to accept that this is Duster SUV. If its Duster, its one more wrong move as Duster is smaller than Scorpio and Indian market's perception says that it must be priced below Scorpio. If they place it below Scorpio, Logan will be the most hit.
If that is the size then it is a much awaited compact SUV. If priced well below Scorpio it should do well in Indian market as there is a big demand in that price zone for an SUV and not MPV, but that will hit Xylo. Only confusion will be whether it will come at a price below Xylo or not.
Old 14th December 2009, 04:48   #343
Senior - BHPian

Dacia Duster appears too small and diminutive , from its spy pictures.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-2010dustersuv.jpg

Compare that to the relative size of the Mahindra WRT the people around it, and it seems atleast Innova sized, if not bigger.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-1.jpg

I attached the spy pictures because couldnt find any production pictures with people standing next to it.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:09   #344
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Renault duster may be a dissaster out here in India just due the brand having got off on a bad start due to the logan in India. On the other hand mahindra will be seen as a safer brand to bet on by the people in India.

The duster also looks to be smaller than the predicted to be huge M&M vehicle.

Branding is afterall everything at most times.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:09   #345
BHPian

@sajo, again i would say its very similar. the only difference i could notice that the vehicle MH 15, is not only heavily masked but lot of thermocol like stuff or some saught of padding , so that one cannot recognize the body lines and curves. because of this the vehicle seems to look a bit wide and so.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks