Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 16:42   #451
BHPian

Any idea when this new car will be lunch from MAHINDRA ?
Seems mahindra improving gradually. Hope this time they solve the handling issue currently with scorpio and XYLO.
Old 7th February 2010, 16:45   #452
BHPian

When can we expect a small 4 x 2 SUV , something slightly bigger than a Ford Fusion at 5-6 lakhs from MM or TATA ?

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2010 at 11:02. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares!
Old 7th February 2010, 21:49   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
MH15 means it is from Nasik, where was this vehicle spotted?

Spike
this was spotted on the highway from igatpuri/kasara ghat going towards nashik. and because it's nashik, it's most definitely an M&M beast.
Old 7th February 2010, 22:05   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
It does resemble the Duster!
Profile match with each other pretty well. Does anyone know, what will be the price range of duster, when launched in India?

BH.
Old 14th March 2010, 15:00   #455
BHPian

Just A Bit Of Information.

there is a big possibility this vehicle is just being tested in india.
like most big companies now days prefer testing newer vehicles here.

this is just an article that i found.

Consumer Guide's Impressions of the 2010 Mahindra Scorpio

India enters the U.S. vehicle market with a compact SUV and a scrappy Atlanta-based importer. It's a daring move for giant Mahindra, especially since the company doesn't want to compete solely with low prices.

What We Know About the 2010 Mahindra Scorpio

China may be the world's new commercial superpower, but India isn't far behind. And India will beat China into the U.S. vehicle market, now that Indian automaker Mahindra & Mahindra is partnering with a determined U.S. importer. If current plans hold, M&M begins its American assault in March 2009 with the 2010 Mahindra Scorpio compact SUV and a pair of related pickup trucks, a two-door and a four-door. Sales and service will be handled by Global Vehicles USA, Inc. of Alpharetta, Georgia, near Atlanta.

New SUV Prices & Reviews
Compact SUV Buying Guide
Recommended SUVs
According to trade weekly Automotive News, Global Vehicles founder and CEO John Perez had signed up 288 U.S. dealers as of late 2007. He hopes to count 300 by the time sales begin. If all goes well, AN reports, Mahindra sees U.S. sales reaching 50,000 a year by about 2012. That would pave the way for adding three new-design diesel models: a different SUV, a crossover SUV, and another pickup.

While most Americans may not know the name, Mahindra has built a good reputation through sales of farm equipment, mainly tractors, some of which are assembled at one of three U.S. plants. The Scorpio is the flagship product of M&M's "Automotive Sector," India's number-two maker of passenger vehicles (after Tata Group, the new owner of Britain's Land Rover). This division is also one of India's major exporters. The Scorpio, for example, is sold in France, Italy, Portugal, and Spain, as well as South Africa, Malaysia, and in the red-hot Russian market. America is next on the list.
Old 14th March 2010, 23:35   #456
BHPian

the two exhausts look horrendous in my opinion.

It looks more like an after thought than a well thought of / integrated design.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:27   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
the two exhausts look horrendous in my opinion.

It looks more like an after thought than a well thought of / integrated design.
But then isn't that because the vehicle doesn't have a rear bumper. With proper bumper in place, those twin exhausts should make it to the print adverts.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:30   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
MH15 means it is from Nasik, where was this vehicle spotted?

Spike
Hi Spike,

Normally how many test/prototype vehicles will make a company for this purpose, 1 or a couple of the same? I'm asking you because the first photos are from Chennai with TN registration and then afterwards we can see the same type of vehicle with MH reg. Or may be both vehicles are from different platforms then???

BTW Chevrolet has got any R&D setup in Chennai? If so why don't you guys just make a comparison it with the Chevrolet Captiva? For me, it looks like a Captiva from the Side/Rear profile and the most interesting part like Double Exhaust

Sali.

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2010 at 11:04. Reason: First warning : Please check your spellings, prior to submission, for the benefit of other forum users
Old 16th March 2010, 18:37   #459
Senior - BHPian

Going by the looks of it, it doesnt seem likely that this suv will be sold in 4x4 format. Those 2 silencers are way too low down. It somehow looks more like a Captiva.
Old 16th March 2010, 19:11   #460
Senior - BHPian

why would a chevy have a scorpio's tail light? moreover, mahindra test vehicles have MH-15 registration.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:06   #461
Senior - BHPian

Saw the same vehicle in Nashik today. Was at a traffic signal when this SUV came to a stop on the other side. Just as i reached into my pocket to take a pic the lights turned green..!
Old 17th March 2010, 12:39   #462
BHPian

There is a picture of the SRK design of the vehicle in Indian Auto Blog
Old 17th March 2010, 12:57   #463
BHPian

well, this is a mahindra 4x4. Main idea here is to capture the international market with this SUV.. it wont be here until 2012.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:06   #464
BHPian

hey guys this might be the new Scorpio SUV that is being prepared to compete with the fortuner.At least this is what the sales guy i know at mahindra showroom told me when i last visited him.He also said it will be priced at the range of 18lakhs+ Ex showroom price.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:07   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
hey guys this might be the new Scorpio SUV that is being prepared to compete with the fortuner.At least this is what the sales guy i know at mahindra showroom told me when i last visited him.He also said it will be priced at the range of 18lakhs+ Ex showroom price.
And you believed a sales guy from the showroom?

First off this is an all new SUV and not a new Scorpio. Scorpio will continue to be sold in the current price range. The new SUV will be positioned above the Scorpio but for any Indian manufacturer used to selling dated products like Scorpio or Safari it is too much of a leap to offer an SUV in 18+ lakhs and hope to take on the Fortuner. It will be priced somewhere in between the Scorpio and Fortuner.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 17th March 2010 at 16:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks