Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 14:38   #496
BHPian

The one on the US website is the Xylo pickup. and a great catch. Till now, I had got information that the world SUV was only testing without its skin panels (read outer styling panels). Having seen it many times, I could definitely make out that so far it lacked the front and rear bumper. Looking at the recent pictures, looks like the vehicle is slowly getting into the final evaluation phase. The grille is almost exposed and the SRK design looks evolutionary and looks like some of the JEEP models sold in USA. I hope Mahindra make it better looking. Moreover, the two rear exhausts look massive!
Old 14th April 2010, 16:56   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Looking at the recent pictures, looks like the vehicle is slowly getting into the final evaluation phase. The grille is almost exposed and the SRK design looks evolutionary and looks like some of the JEEP models sold in USA. I hope Mahindra make it better looking. Moreover, the two rear exhausts look massive!
Yes, headlamps, for instance, are more JEEP like.

I just hope that the entire package is worth waiting for.
Old 14th April 2010, 17:05   #498
Senior - BHPian

I don't think its the Xylo pick-up but is the new W2XX that M&M is developing.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:16   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any credible information that M&M's new SUV is to hit the market this year? Apart from automobile forums there is no talk about it anywhere. Compared to Tata's ARIA or even Sx4 hatch back which is reported as upcoming models everywhere.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:46   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is there any credible information that M&M's new SUV is to hit the market this year? Apart from automobile forums there is no talk about it anywhere. Compared to Tata's ARIA or even Sx4 hatch back which is reported as upcoming models everywhere.
There is a very very credible information on this one and that is from their top boss itself. Dr. Goenka was on a show in one of the news channels recently, i think that the show is called "Aaj ka Boss". He was asked about the world SUV and he very categorically said that it will be out only next year ie 2011.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:36   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
There is a very very credible information on this one and that is from their top boss itself. Dr. Goenka was on a show in one of the news channels recently, i think that the show is called "Aaj ka Boss". He was asked about the world SUV and he very categorically said that it will be out only next year ie 2011.
Here i go forward with my delivery of fortuner.
Being a proud and satisfied owner of scorpio i wanted to compare the new mahindra suv before going for the delivery. Now with that being a distant dream with a heavy heart i am going with the only option left..The Fortuner
Old 15th April 2010, 23:53   #502
BHPian

@Albatross- enjoy your Fortuner- it will anyday be better in terms of quality than even the world SUV from M&M that has been in the news.
Old 16th April 2010, 00:06   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Fortuner- it will anyday be better in terms of quality than even the world SUV from M&M that has been in the news.
Interiors remain to be seen. If Mahindra's world SUV has better interiors than Innova, then what do you think?
Old 16th April 2010, 00:12   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Interiors remain to be seen. If Mahindra's world SUV has better interiors than Innova, then what do you think?
Yes we can definitely hope about it that they may catch up with Toyota in the next 20 years in terms of quality .

But I guess, M&M can only add few cushions and colours and will never go too far to create a better quality interior- better features- utilitarian and everything is quite possible from Mahindra-to keep the prices low- to keep volumes high, they are yet to cover the huge gap in terms of sheer quality and peace of mind that a toyota vehicle can offer- notwithstanding the fact that ( ironically) Toyota currently is in the news for wrong reasons .
Old 16th April 2010, 02:23   #505
BHPian

Hmmmm. This is what happens when you mix two conversations and post wrong info at the wrong place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
On the Mahindra USA website i saw this following upcoming sketch;

Is the same one here we are talking which would cater to the US markets??

If that is so they would have to test, the mule in much harsh conditions(Scandinavia, Sweden), than testing it in India.

Source : Mahindra Clean Diesel Pickup Trucks and SUVs
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
This one is a Xylo. One can clearly make out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
This in not a Xylo.Look at the raked headlights,OVRMs and the slanted back rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
This is the upcoming Xylo Pickup,currently undergoing testing,not the new SUV in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
It doesn't look anywhere like a Xylo pickup, I may be wrong but sure looks like an SUV. Why would Mahindra build a Xylo pickup this is the first I am hearing may be wrong again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am stunned mate. Check out the rear window with the wipers. Must be one heck of a xylo pick up if it has rear windows with wash wipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Dear... He is speaking about the image in Mahindra USA website and not the current spy pictures..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I don't think its the Xylo pick-up but is the new W2XX that M&M is developing.
Old 16th April 2010, 03:36   #506
BHPian

Some how the whole thing drifted out, to unnecessary conclusions. Also my post was on an the last list of a page before; so many of them were not able to see what context the others were posting(xylo pic for US) and assumed it to be for the SUV being tested.

@Comrade:
Thanks for letting others know; and i hope the discussion moves on the right track.

P.S. Even though the US website shows sketch of Xylo; you never know maybe the same vehicle with different spec maybe available in US too.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:47   #507
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics of the test mule. This time, the driver chased me down and even threatened not to take pics.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-m1.jpg
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-m2.jpg
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-m3.jpg
Old 20th April 2010, 20:58   #508
Senior - BHPian

threatened you??? tell him to drive this at his backyard then!
Old 21st April 2010, 14:01   #509
BHPian

New Mahindra mini SUV?

Hey folks, I came across this link quite a few days back and after going through it, I was kinda excited at the prospective smaller beast from M&M stable:

Mahindra Mini SUV- News- Zigwheels

I would appreciate if people can provide some more info on this mini SUV.

Cheers!
LoG
Old 21st April 2010, 16:37   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hey folks, I came across this link quite a few days back and after going through it, I was kinda excited at the prospective smaller beast from M&M stable:

Mahindra Mini SUV- News- Zigwheels

I would appreciate if people can provide some more info on this mini SUV.

Cheers!
LoG
Another case of journalism going wrong, the article says

"Mahindra's camouflaged mini SUV has already been spotted being tested all over town."

I dont remember one instance where this thing has been spotted.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks