Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 17:51   #511
Senior - BHPian

Is this Mini SUV the Dacia Duster by any chance. Although this looks unlikely considering the Renault partnership coming to a halt, until and unless something was inked before things went Tits up!!!
Since the Duster is based on the Logan platform something M&M already has access to it will make a lot of sense. It looks a far more appealing product than the bland looking Logan and should have a good market in India.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:55   #512
Senior - BHPian

this product has no relation whatsoever with Renault, mostly indigenously developed.

Spike
Old 21st April 2010, 19:38   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Some more pics of the test mule. This time, the driver chased me down and even threatened not to take pics.
Good job, Badboyscad! the SUV looks massive in side profile.
I wish Mahindra can follow the Toyotas in launching a good looking SUV (like the Fortuner) and laugh their way to the Bank with 1000+ sales volumes per month.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:56   #514
BHPian

W201 is Xylo-ed! haha..

BUT i wouldn't be surprised if Shoaeb's rendition is identical to the final product.. which wouldn't be a bad thing.
But then again I love surprizes..

*hint below*

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
Was in Chennai last week and was lucky enough to spot this highly camouflaged vehicle on the Chennai - Pondy stretch.

I actually saw it twice on the same stretch.

I searched thoroughly for a thread on the same, but couldn't find one. Was surprised - how come no Chennai T-Bhpian spotted this?
Note to Mods : Please merge with a relevant thread if one does exist.

Spotted it first at the toll collection place. We had been in a real hurry, so had to let go of the idea of going closer and taking better snaps.
Attachment 324553

Had lost all hope. And then spotted it again emerging from the farmlands onto the side of the road(as though being tested for mild off-roading capability(?)). Please pardon the Sai Baba sticker on the cab's mirror.
Attachment 324554

Sorry, couldn't get any better snaps. :(

It's a MH 15 reg. Somehow the wheels remind me of Hyundai.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:17   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Ladies & Gentlemen, i give you the grille of the new mahindra SUV.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1498468-post280.html
Attachment 324564
Definitely looks like the next gen XYLO. Never thought I would live to see the day Mahindras developed curves!

Living in Anticipation now!
Old 28th April 2010, 15:38   #516
BHPian

The twist in the tale is that Mahindra have broken off with Renault and the best part is that they are bidding for a takeover in SsangYong, if that is the case we might soon see the Rexton coming to Indian markets and that is one very capable and macho looking SUV.

Last edited by ranc : 28th April 2010 at 15:40.
Old 29th April 2010, 03:08   #517
BHPian

This SUV does share a lot of traits with Captivas front, some other vehicles rear (I some how cant recollect now).

Well, it would be awesome if they came with a competitive engine rather than one of those over used 2.2 mHawk or 2.6 engine. I would say - a 3.0 ltr engine would be ideal for this vehicle. Looking forward to hearing something positive from Mahindra.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:43   #518
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this test mule on 24th April, on my way to Trichy. Sorry for the pic quality as i had only my Blackberry with me. I was stuck behind the ARC truck as there was traffic both ways (owing to repair on the bridge). By the time i caught up with it, the driver took it into one of the side lanes and it was gone.

This vehicle over took me sharply and seemed to be in a hurry. From what i saw, the interiors looked better than any Mahindra offering (more towards premium SUVs). Seemed like a more complete version of the photos in this thread. Rear lights were no longer the false "Old Scorpio" ones. I really doubt if it is a Mahindra.

The twin exhausts were giving out slight smoke on hard acceleration. Overall the vehicle looked massive and was pretty quick.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-mahindra-suv1.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2010, 17:09   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Spotted this test mule on 24th April, on my way to Trichy. Sorry for the pic quality as i had only my Blackberry with me. I was stuck behind the ARC truck as there was traffic both ways (owing to repair on the bridge). By the time i caught up with it, the driver took it into one of the side lanes and it was gone.

This vehicle over took me sharply and seemed to be in a hurry. From what i saw, the interiors looked better than any Mahindra offering (more towards premium SUVs). Seemed like a more complete version of the photos in this thread. Rear lights were no longer the false "Old Scorpio" ones. I really doubt if it is a Mahindra.

The twin exhausts were giving out slight smoke on hard acceleration. Overall the vehicle looked massive and was pretty quick.
That's a TN number. Could be some other manufacturer... Mitsu (high probability), Ford (slim chances), or even Nissan.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:01   #520
Senior - BHPian

@Cardeep why not a Mahindra?, AFAIK M&M also has its R&D setup somewhere in Chennai.

Spike
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:21   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@Cardeep why not a Mahindra?, AFAIK M&M also has its R&D setup somewhere in Chennai.

Spike
Just my assumption (no offences meant)... based on the fact that earlier images of the vehicle had Maharashtra registration. I believe Test mules are registered in the State where manufacturing facility is located.
I also believe that Mahindra's World-SUV must be in the same stages as the vehicle in the picture.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:44   #522
Senior - BHPian

No offence taken, i just wanted to know your opinion why you think so. Test vehicles need not be registered in the state having manufacturing facility.

Spike
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:31   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Just my assumption (no offences meant)... based on the fact that earlier images of the vehicle had Maharashtra registration. I believe Test mules are registered in the State where manufacturing facility is located.
I also believe that Mahindra's World-SUV must be in the same stages as the vehicle in the picture.
Quote:
No offence taken, i just wanted to know your opinion why you think so. Test vehicles need not be registered in the state having manufacturing facility.

Spike
It could very well be mahindra. We have an earlier instance where a test mule was captured after it got into an accident in chennai.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:13   #524
BHPian

Quote:

Spike
Is M&M going to manufacture the world SUV out of its new facility at Chakan, near Pune in Maharashtra? Or will it continue to use the same facilities that it did for the Xylo and the Scorpio?

Last edited by Finject : 4th May 2010 at 12:16.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:27   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finject View Post
Is M&M going to manufacture the world SUV out of its new facility at Chakan, near Pune in Maharashtra? Or will it continue to use the same facilities that it did for the Xylo and the Scorpio?
I had seen Dr. Goenka's interview he clearly said that the car will manufactured in Chennai.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks