Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 23:13   #631
BHPian

SRKs rendering of the Mahindra Teeth is amazing! Can't get prettier!

But somehow there is a feeling that Mahindra will finally manage to screw up it's looks..
Old 29th June 2010, 23:16   #632
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
No more news about this SUV?

By the way I had made this rendering sometime back.
I think this how the overall car would look.

I feel this is one of the best looking Mahindra vehicle.
I do like the Scorpio but only in a modified state.
Your design looks like a million bucks

Wow ..! only if M&M sees this.

I doubt the scorp will have a radical design like that.

We can expect only a few facelifts and nothing more.

If not, then certainly Xylo is up for a facelift
Old 30th June 2010, 00:05   #633
Senior - BHPian

^^ I find the design too close to the Jeep Cherokee for comfort. However, I won't be surprised if Mahindra did indeed come out with a design similar to the Jeep, after all, it's in their DNA.
Old 30th June 2010, 00:27   #634
BHPian

Quote:

Awasome.. this would be the most beautiful SUV if mahindra do adapt this design.
Old 30th June 2010, 01:25   #635

looks like a Nissan Murano to me.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-murano.jpg  

Old 30th June 2010, 01:54   #636
BHPian

Quote:

The shape looks good overall, but however I prefer the grill design in one of your older renderings here

Old 30th June 2010, 09:47   #637
Senior - BHPian

i like the earlier one, the blue one of SRK. the silver one, though extremely good, is too sleek & may i say, "not at all macho" (!!!) to be a mahindra.

though both are good looking in its own way, i would prefer this mahindra if it offers all the features of the aria including AWD at a price of 14-15L.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th June 2010 at 09:52.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:12   #638
BANNED

Wow SRK, superb renderings of the expected design. I too like the older blue one than this grey vehicle which looks more like an SUV than a soft roader. I would be really happy if M&M takes cues out of your designs and implements them, of course after paying you a fee..

Any iterations of the rear done by you Sir?
Old 30th June 2010, 13:07   #639
BHPian

SRK, you are good, I hope you are not wasting your talent, open a auto design company, you have the talent and the vision.

M & M would have done well if they pick up any one of your designs. keep it up.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:16   #640
Senior - BHPian

This is a very good effort, nice creativity.

But I believe you are very optimistic about M&M's fit and finish. let us see. :-)
Old 30th June 2010, 13:22   #641
BHPian

Design is like murano and looks stunning if M & M looks at this, but questions are- one is to adapt it but the bigger task for M & M will be to execute it, WHich I doubt they can deliver ( the current scorpio doesnt have any good finishing, look at the back, the SUV looks like a box, sorry I am not trying to hurt sentiments of the scorpio owners, infact I owned a scorpio sometime back), knowing Scorpipio from M & M changed their fortune with but in all these years I havent seen much change in the SUV and the changes that they have made are miniscule. I fail to understand why good quality interior with better engine, breaking system/suspension and shape cannot be achieved by M & M, I think all the car manufactures catering to the Indian audience are convinced CHALTA HAI ATTITUDE , even foreign manufacturers are giving us cars with less features in comparision to other market, this is primarily because we dont contribute enough sales for them in comparison to international market.

I was speaking to one of the Linkway guys and he said they have to wait for parts for so long even if their request is first in cue, bcos Honda bosses prefer giving it to other markets and at the end attend Indian market cos india contributes only 1.5% sales worldwide.

Cheers

Last edited by The Saint : 30th June 2010 at 13:27.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:29   #642
Senior - BHPian

SRK's latest rendering of the M&M SUV looks great. Who cares if it looks like a Cherokee or Murano? Bottomline is that M&M have made a decent looking SUV, going by pictures posted earlier.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:23   #643
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Friends!

The earlier design was just my vision of what Mahindra's SUV should look like.

The current one has been made after studying various spy pics and I think it is close to the real thing (at least the grill) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Any iterations of the rear done by you Sir?
No, I have only made the front end design. May be sometime later there will be a rear design too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
SRK, you are good, I hope you are not wasting your talent, open a auto design company, you have the talent and the vision.
This is my dream that I plan to achieve some day.
Lets see!
Currently looking out for some opportunity where I can gain some experience, specially in the design field.

Last edited by SRK : 30th June 2010 at 16:27.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:45   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
WHich I doubt they can deliver ( the current scorpio doesnt have any good finishing, look at the back, the SUV looks like a box, sorry I am not trying to hurt sentiments of the scorpio owners, infact I owned a scorpio sometime back), knowing Scorpipio from M & M changed their fortune with but in all these years I havent seen much change in the SUV and the changes that they have made are miniscule. I fail to understand why good quality interior with better engine, breaking system/suspension and shape cannot be achieved by M & M, I think all the car manufactures catering to the Indian audience are convinced CHALTA HAI ATTITUDE , even foreign manufacturers are giving us cars with less features in comparision to other market, this is primarily because we dont contribute enough sales for them in comparison to international market.
i agree about the better braking & suspension but better engine? i think mHawk is the best engine in that segment. much more refined, driveable (nil turbo lag & an enthusiastic throttle response) & a good performer overall compared to the innova & safari.

i have heard that the mHawk engine was detuned to 120 bhp from 140 bhp in the scorpio due to gearbox issues. i have also read in ACI that mahindra is developing a new range of gearboxes which can handle more power & will be smoother to operate. so i wont be sad at all if the world SUV comes with the mHawk engine itself, but with atleast 150 bhp.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th June 2010 at 16:46.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:34   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Lets see!
Currently looking out for some opportunity where I can gain some experience, specially in the design field.
Apply here Pininfarina | Home you never know what kind of a surprise you might have in store for yourselves.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks