Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 08:33   #781
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I am not convinced about the rumors that this is a Mono chasis with Front wheel drive. I'm sure that Mahindra has stuck to their tried and tested formula of a ladder frame and RWD.
@shortbread: If you recall the person who had posted the drive experience at the Mahindra factory in Chennai. He mentioned a transversely mounted engine which suggests front wheel drive. If it was rear wheel drive, it would be longitudinally mounted engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Nice catch.

Hmm.... didn't see a 4WD lever. I thought this was going to compete against the Fortuner. Is it gonna be AWD or Electric (button operated) 4WD or no-4WD at all?
Even the Scorpio 4x4 doesn't have a lever. There is no confirmation, but even if it does come with AWD or 4WD, it will most likely be electric.
Old 5th September 2010, 08:50   #782
BHPian

In the last pic looks like Oil is leaking already from it. So cannot be Hyundai. Sanafe will have a much better fit and finish. Just look at the gaps in the door in the first pic and the gaps in the steering in the second pic.
Old 5th September 2010, 08:53   #783
BHPian

santa fe for sure.dash is exactly like santafe
Old 5th September 2010, 09:00   #784
BHPian

The space and proportions look fine. Assuming it has the same great motor, it should be a great competition for Aria (Though different in what they shall offer the customers). The interiors are indeed a joke for now - obviously they cant have a proper production vehicle in this condition. So not too worried about it for now.
Old 5th September 2010, 10:01   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoo View Post
this one's cabin does not resemble to santa fe's in any way-
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-112_0703_07z2007_hyundai_santa_fe_limited_awdinterior.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 10:26   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoo View Post
@ montoo : please read following text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If anyone with common sense reads the whole thread, then it will be clear which vehicle it is.
Yet, people keeps trying to make *intelligent* guesses as to which vehicle this is.
I appreciate the mods efforts to keep quality of posts on this forum, but some of these speculative one lines are pure silly in my opinion.
What happens is that people don't read the thread. They just see the last picture posted or the last thing said on this thread and add something that makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, please support us in our endeavours to maintain this forum's top quality. If you see any post that is against our rules or out of line, do use the report this post to a Moderator functionality. Thanks
Old 5th September 2010, 10:58   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@jeepster: amen mate. Looks like I have to walk around with a big stick to prevent these silly posts. Words don't seem to be working.

No vehicle that has already been launched world wide needs to be so closely guarded. Glad the Nissan Murano crowd has left the scene.
Old 5th September 2010, 12:09   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
In the last pic looks like Oil is leaking already from it. So cannot be Hyundai. Santafe will have a much better fit and finish. Just look at the gaps in the door in the first pic and the gaps in the steering in the second pic.
That should be the water from the A/C, every car does that. This is just a prototype undergoing testing, the final product will definitely have better fit and finish.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:04   #789
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbc View Post
I found this car last night..in our apt complex for few minutes. Absolutely no clue which car is this. Built finish clearly says either a mahindra or a tata vehicle. Friend pls find it out! however this had a TN registration which narrows down to Hyundai or a ford?

Attachment 417678

Attachment 417679

Attachment 417680

Attachment 417681

Attachment 417682

Attachment 417683

Attachment 417684

Attachment 417685

Attachment 417686

Attachment 417687
Superb pictures Ajith, the first detailed shots of the interiors! Thanks for sharing.

I like what I see. The exterior profile looks balanced, and the interiors are a giant step ahead of whatever Mahindra has managed so far. Lets not sweat over the fit & finish, this is a prototype. Though I can't get over Mahindra's cheesy taste in colours.

Confirmed : This SUV will have a factory-fitted GPS.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:11   #790
BHPian

My take, though far fetched, can't this be the Tata Aria? I have seen the vehicle in flesh and the images of the vehicle in blue is very much matching the one I saw.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:36   #791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpalio View Post
My take, though far fetched, can't this be the Tata Aria? I have seen the vehicle in flesh and the images of the vehicle in blue is very much matching the one I saw.
The interior pics of the Aria are there on the various Aria threads, so you can check and make out that this is not the Aria.

Regarding M&M's world SUV, i hope they dont ruin it with the crazy grill they have a fetish for.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:49   #792
BHPian

Nice shots AjithBC. Can you try and find out who works in Mahindra in your apartment complex!

The chocolate colouring scheme and the seat fabric look weird. Hope the production version improves on this. Not a patchwith what can be seen on the Aria, but just a few drops under the bridge with this one.Even a Safari beats this here and there in interior quality, but the overall profile of the vehicle seems to be agreeable.

A major grouse of driving a mahindra vehicle is that oddly-placed gearlever
"looking at" the driver. I found it odd but I suppose people get used to it.What is noteworthy is that particular gearlever seems to have been replaced by a more "standard" forward facing one. Other design influences seem to have come from Chevy, especially with the instrument console. Can't wait to see which toothpaste this one advertises with it's new smiley tooth grille. Let me tell you after reading too much of team bhp (honest, not kidding!) I had a dream where a Xylo appears in a toothpaste ad.The silver tooth makes it look like a bollywood villain with the 'ting' four cornered shine and the ting sound as well. I swear it happened to me.I suppose their choice of design style has driven the point home , right up to the backyard in my case.

Anyways, looks like it will be a sure-shot seller like ol'Stingy, at least in India. Tata better stop dilly dallying with the Aria and launch the damn thing.How much testing do they want to do???
Old 6th September 2010, 12:08   #793
BHPian

thank you all. It is that world SUV from Mahindra, i had indeed checked with the apt where this vehicle has come to. The vehicle stopped for very less time there and they didnt want to disclose it. i respected their interests and gave up asking bout it.

This car has got that similar feature of Mhawk where it switches off at traffic lights and engine comes to life as you press the gas pedal. And i also heard it has got a seven speed gearbox.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:09   #794
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Superb pictures Ajith, the first detailed shots of the interiors! Thanks for sharing.

I like what I see. The exterior profile looks balanced, and the interiors are a giant step ahead of whatever Mahindra has managed so far. Lets not sweat over the fit & finish, this is a prototype. Though I can't get over Mahindra's cheesy taste in colours.

Confirmed : This SUV will have a factory-fitted GPS.
Just curious as to how is it confirmed, that the vehicle will have factory fitted GPS?

Please excuse if i missed it in any earlier posts.

Old 6th September 2010, 14:40   #795
BHPian

God, Finally Mahindra is making an SUV that doesn't have Jeep hints. Oh wait, we haven't seen the grille yet. Hopefully, they'll realize that they don't have to put vertical slats into Everything!

The overall shape is pleasing. Greenhouse is in proportion to the body, and the stance is powerful, without the 'standing on tiptoes' look of the Fortuner or the disproportionate looks of the Scorpio/Safari. Unless they screw up royally, Aria has some excellent competition!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks