Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 22:00   #946
Senior - BHPian

re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on pg 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
In the UV segments, it seems like a chess game between M&M and TML. If the W201 is pitched against ARIA, then TML would bring the new Safari and probably price it a bit lower and the old safari would continue to either sell at the same price point or may be a bit less. Add to it M&M's plans on bringing Korando C and Rexton. Power to the customer

Read in today's hindu newspaper that Korando may be priced around the 15 lakh bracket and w201 may be slotted in between korando and the scorpio.
Old 28th January 2011, 00:03   #947
Senior - BHPian

re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on pg 63

WOW! the headlight & taillights looks awesome... This SUV would have amazing street presence.
Old 28th January 2011, 01:07   #948
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has been testing this SUV for over two years. In 25 days time, this thread will be 2 years old. But still there is no sign of a proposed launch date.

I hope Mahindra realize that by the time the product is just launched, many things in it will be out of style. Come on Mahindra, launch it
Old 28th January 2011, 11:33   #949
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra being Tested

very nice catch vijay.

M&M learnt from past experiences and thats why this vehicle sports zebra stripes instead of the heavy cloth camo in previous sightings!

zebra stripes dont reveal much details.

one question though> is this vehicles based on dacia duster? the body profile of the vehicle from the side is similar to the dacia!

anyway looking forward to see more photos of this elusive M&M vehicle!
Old 28th January 2011, 11:43   #950
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra being Tested

IMHO the vehicle seems muuuucccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh larger than the duster though some design cues have been taken from it - thats to be expected from M&M's "design dept"
How i would like a 5-seater with LSD/ AWD
Old 28th January 2011, 12:37   #951
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th January 2011 at 14:43.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:32   #952

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2010 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Mahindra has been testing this SUV for over two years. In 25 days time, this thread will be 2 years old. But still there is no sign of a proposed launch date.

I hope Mahindra realize that by the time the product is just launched, many things in it will be out of style. Come on Mahindra, launch it
when will this wait end !!!! if it comes along with korando and rexton then at least man like me would have choice who has been waiting for last two years for this SUV.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:52   #953
BHPian

My understanding based on info from a Supplier to this vehicle is after a huge amount of delay, they have got firm requirements to ship parts to Mahindra starting March 2011. My estimate is that this will be launched during Deepavali 2011
Old 31st January 2011, 12:24   #954
BHPian

Can someone PS this please?

This is the best picture clicked by anyone so far because the zebra patterns vary according to the sections of body/glasswork. Easy for someone who is good with PS to unravel a good rendering.

Can someone do it?

BH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaytiwari View Post
looks bulky, bigger than Captiva, as big as Q5, looks interesting my first post hence excuse for any break in protocol if any.
Old 31st January 2011, 14:58   #955
BHPian

any info on the launch date of this mahindra beast?
I have been waiting to buy an SUV since a few months now.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:53   #956
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand why M&M has to launch the Rexton/Korando when they have their own model ready for launch. This will just create customer confusion and product overlap. SYong is a VFM SUV maker and the Rexton/Korando does not have any major brand leverage.

Even the new Korando based on the latest mono chassis hasnt seen any major sales and is struggling against better Korean competition like the latest gen Sportage, ix35...

Mahindra has done a lot of work on the upcoming Global SUV and it holds plenty of promise. It looks leagues ahead of anything else in the market, will be impresively specced etc.. I dont understand why they need to waste time and effort on SYongs in the mean time.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:29   #957
Senior - BHPian

I feel the latest picture shows a lot of resemblance to the 2000s Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:20   #958
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The rexton and korando will only serve to reinforce M&M's strong offerings in the UV, MUV, SUV segment. While the Scorpio, Xylo etc are leaders in their current segments, their new World SUV is yet to be tried, tested and proven. Whatever may be said and done, our Indian manufacturers still have a long way to go in terms of fit, finish and other quality aspects - the Koreans, like it or not, are ahead of us there.

Yes the Kia Sportage and Hyundai ix35 etc are very well engineered indeed, but neither of those are available here yet. Hence the Korando and Rexton may come in and corner a certain segment who are looking for decent utility vehicles which come with technological advances, safety features and an overall fit and finish quality which is superior to the current lot of Indian SUV's. Another all important criterion will of course be the VFM pricing that M&M are bound to launch these at.

Just for illustration the Hyundai Santa Fe is priced here at 24 lacs or so - that is more or less equivalent to the pricing of the Skoda Yeti, Toyota Fortuner and indeed, the pricing of the BMW X1!! The Hyundai badge is good in its own way but cannot compete with the likes of Skoda and Toyota in India and most certainly not with BMW anywhere in the world!

There is certainly a crying need for SUV offerings which are positioned in the 13-17 lac bracket because the demand is pretty huge for such an offering here. And the Rexton and Korando will probably do just this - land in India and offer consumers a greater amount of choice. This, coupled with M&M's extensive network will surely ensure some decent off take in this SUV crazy marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I dont understand why M&M has to launch the Rexton/Korando when they have their own model ready for launch. SYong is a VFM SUV maker and the Rexton/Korando does not have any major brand leverage.

Even the new Korando based on the latest mono chassis hasnt seen any major sales and is struggling against better Korean competition like the latest gen Sportage, ix35...

Old 1st February 2011, 19:53   #959
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the pic posted here, I have a feeling that the 3rd row seating comfort might not be great! Also the sloping roofline doesn't help either.

Though the vehicle seems big in other pictures, the one shown above looks small, something like the CRV (may be its due to the stickering which is creating such an illusion)
Old 3rd February 2011, 00:39   #960
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

I think that this could be either Nissan Pathfinder or Xterra. The rear door shape suggests Xterra.

With Nissan Mahindra collabration doing good, this could be logical as well

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Tam
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks