Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 00:25   #1126
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

This one looks the part. Nice to see an Indian manufacturer come up with such a well proportioned and handsome looking product.
Old 30th June 2011, 07:04   #1127
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

i dont think this vehicle can hit the market before Diwali this year
they have to clean up some things and create sufficient inventory to showcase it across India and meet the initial demand that will inevitably be generated.
my surmise is late this year or perhaps early next year, given the current state of development and testing that they are in. whatever the time frame this will certainly be waiting for - the trick is the pricing which I hope will be fair.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:18   #1128
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Overall the W201 does look really well proportioned, the mosquito coils as we are calling them right now (AC vents) could really change before the launch considering that M&M surely keeps an eye on this thread for feedback.

As such most companies would take feedback of various TG by calling them to their plant and giving a sneek preview at such a stage that they can actually change something that stands out like a sore thumb.

The Wheels, rims, alloys, sizes and how well they fit the wheel arches make a significant impact on the look of a vehicle and we sure need to hope that they do get that right.
Old 30th June 2011, 12:47   #1129
BANNED

It is a nice and muscular vehicle all round
the tyre size cannot be below 235/65/17 for such a vehicle
they might come up with options of 245 size also for the top end one.
yes they do call in a few people and ask their feedback and actually take some action on the same - thats one thing good about M&M they are reasonably consumer focussed - within the overall limits of a product/ manufacturing led company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Overall the W201 does look really well proportioned, the mosquito coils as we are calling them right now (AC vents) could really change before the launch considering that M&M surely keeps an eye on this thread for feedback.

As such most companies would take feedback of various TG by calling them to their plant and giving a sneek preview at such a stage that they can actually change something that stands out like a sore thumb.

The Wheels, rims, alloys, sizes and how well they fit the wheel arches make a significant impact on the look of a vehicle and we sure need to hope that they do get that right.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:14   #1130
BHPian

I hope the ergonomics is good for the car unlike the Scorpio along with road stability to take turns.
Old 30th June 2011, 18:51   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Isn't this thread becoming too repetitive? I guess we need to close this thread till we have some confirmed information about the W201.
Old 30th June 2011, 21:32   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Isn't this thread becoming too repetitive? I guess we need to close this thread till we have some confirmed information about the W201.
You are right. Too much hype without any concrete info about it regarding engine displacement, date of launch etc.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 22:14   #1133
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
You are right. Too much hype without any concrete info about it regarding engine displacement, date of launch etc.
Yes, rightly said.

Somehow not able to understand why camaflouge when M&M are just launching an existing product.

As per me the W201 is not a M&M bred product, its just RE-BADGING. And M&M is certainly good at that Since ages.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-roewesuvcoldtest1458x343.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-w20102.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 06:14   #1134
BANNED

sorry Pavan but your impression is incorrect.
it is NOT an existing product re badged. It is nothing like the standard Scorp or any other vehicle from M&M so far.
it is completely new and has a great deal to be said for it in a positive sense. of course it does have some niggly bits but I believe most of these will be fixed prior to launch. I speak with conviction because I have been part of the specially identified select consumer base who were called in to check it out and share relevant feedback and impressions. However am not at liberty to reveal greater detail as to do this without permission would be a contravention of the "gentlemen's understanding" that I have with M&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Yes, rightly said.

Somehow not able to understand why camaflouge when M&M are just launching an existing product.

As per me the W201 is not a M&M bred product, its just RE-BADGING. And M&M is certainly good at that Since ages.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:20   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, rightly said.

The M&M is an all new product developed by M&M itself. Its no re-badged model as you have posted. And my guess is that you are confusing the W201 with the Ssangyong Korondo C

And of the 2 spy pictures you have posted, the one on the left is not the W201. It seems to me like some Hyundai, could anybody please confirm the vehicle?
Old 1st July 2011, 10:58   #1136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, rightly said.

Pavan rather than blind accusations do you have any concrete information?

A picture of 2 SUV's with camouflage does not prove anything. There can be so many SUV's with similar side profile. If I were put the captiva pic in there then would it make the new M&M a re-badged Chevrolet Captiva?
Old 1st July 2011, 11:10   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
sorry Pavan but your impression is incorrect.
it is NOT an existing product re badged. It is nothing like the standard Scorp or any other vehicle from M&M so far.
do this without permission would be a contravention of the "gentlemen's understanding" that I have with M&M.
If you do not think it violates your word to the company,could you please just answer this simple question rather these two questions:

[1] Is the new vehicle truly a quantum leap over what is available in the market place as of today?

[2] What in your opinion is a reasonable price at which a customer should be thinking of buying this vehicle?

Look forward to your response with interest.
Old 1st July 2011, 12:28   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Just to make it clear to all who have doubts, the W201 is a vehicle developed by Mahindra and has nothing to do with Ssangyong. There is no re-badging involved in case of the W201. As far as the Ssangyong Rexton is concerned, it may come with Mahindra and / or Ssanyong badges.

Last edited by Stratos : 1st July 2011 at 12:29.
Old 1st July 2011, 14:11   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Its an awesome effort from Mahindra. I feel it has the potential to really eat into the Civic/Corolla/Jetta/Cruze/Laura market if priced at 14L as indicated many a time. The profile of the car is a lot like the Grand Vitara i feel and the headlamps look a lot like the Accords. I really hope they get the interiors right.
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:35   #1140
BANNED

Let me answer as fairly as possible.

It certainly is a Quantum leap over any M&M/ Tata before it.
It is comparable in some measure in terms of ideas, features, convenience etc to the premium SUV's such as say the Captiva etc.

It is not a re-badged Korando or Rexton or any other. It is a new and interesting, muscular silhouette and clearly has been designed in house with some amount of help I am sure. It looks very purposeful, tough and in my opinion it is a first class effort - rather like the Scorpio was when it was first introduced. Yet, there are some things which need to be put right and I am sure, will be, before it comes to market.

It would not be fair for me to comment on the pricing because for one thing the pricing is not clear as of now. Also, I will certainly have some amount of personal bias based on what I would want to pay for it.

I dont want to be guilty of creating some kind of expectation/ mis-impression on the forum, especially ref pricing which is a hugely sensitive part of any new package/ product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
If you do not think it violates your word to the company,could you please just answer this simple question rather these two questions:

[1] Is the new vehicle truly a quantum leap over what is available in the market place as of today?

[2] What in your opinion is a reasonable price at which a customer should be thinking of buying this vehicle?

Look forward to your response with interest.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed