Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 17:36   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

For the love of God, I hope that is not the finished product. That is a Mahindra alright as rightly confirmed by Shankar.

The proportions and silhouette looked promising under the testing camouflage, but seeing the ugly huge-gap-between-front-teeth grille and the equally unappealing front bumper, one wonders if M&M could have done better.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:52   #1187
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Managed to a get picture from FaceBook CAR & BIKE Show Page

The Credit goes to Bhuvan Kireethi.

Mods if the picture is against the rules please remove it.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-mahindra-w.jpg  

driving_smartly is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 19:22   #1188
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Managed to a get picture from FaceBook CAR & BIKE Show Page

The Credit goes to Bhuvan Kireethi.

Mods if the picture is against the rules please remove it.
The engine grill seems to be a petty aftermarket patch up job! Am sure the production version would see the grille gel well with the front engine.
Old 8th July 2011, 21:28   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Can anyone tell me what is this..? My friend sent me this on FB

Is this the Real W201 or is it some modified SUV..?

If this is the REAL W201... Then

1) The Grille is out of place
2) The Bumpers- my tinker can fabricate a better design.
3) The LED's look like an aftermarket addition.
4) The Hood lines are terrible and old school
5) The ORVM's are tooo Puny

And. if its not the real W201, Please forgive me for my findings AND I dont want an infraction for this
That is seriously sensational ! Id pick the W201's styling over any of the current crop of Rs 15-20 lakh Crossovers any day!
Old 9th July 2011, 00:03   #1190
BHPian

This is hideous, the biggest self goal. However bad Mahindra may be there is absolutely no way any self respecting car company would release this, not after getting things right so far with the W201 as we have seen from the many pics.

All the pics we have seen look promising. I somehow don't think anyone in Mahindra will look at this and say let's release this. Either its a ps job or its a camouflage.
Old 9th July 2011, 00:04   #1191
BHPian

Thanks swiftnfurious for missed picture notification.

1: It is a PS job for sure. Check out circled part.

2. Now quiz for SUV Gurus. I've cropped upper part of front fascia. Which SUV is it? Those half roof rails leads me nowhere.

Note to Modes: If possible please remove previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-image.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-2647.jpg  

Old 9th July 2011, 02:01   #1192
BHPian

IMHO the car is looking Really great, even better than it was expected.
But its front bumper looks very bulbulous(IMHO, its common to all Mahindra UVs), considering the visual mass its having, with its lower portion looks like picked up from the Rear bumper of a hatchback.
Mahindra needs to jazz it up with Silver or black accents to boost its looks.
Lastly, The absence of Projector Headlamps & fog lamps in the car posted above indicates that this is a base variant of M&M W201 SUV.
Old 9th July 2011, 13:27   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post

2. Now quiz for SUV Gurus. I've cropped upper part of front fascia. Which SUV is it? Those half roof rails leads me nowhere.

Seems to be a safari, going by the roof rails. But the overall height seems not be matching with the safari. Cannot be a aria, because aria has wider windshield and thicker A pillars. Moreover W201 has Projector lamps, whereas this decoy has normal twin barrel lamps. A pure give away that who ever was trying to make his one look like a W201, didnt have enough money to buy a projector set. But then the symbol on the grill, does that say the "M" or some chinese stuff?
Old 9th July 2011, 15:05   #1194
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post

I think its that of its youger bro, Scorpio itself.
again, from front it has a clear mass bias in the low portion (below grille). just my thoughts.
Old 10th July 2011, 11:49   #1195
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Can anyone tell me what is this..? My friend sent me this on FB

Is this the Real W201 or is it some modified SUV..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
this is a good scoop-ish pic.
all I will say is that it is a yes and a no.
Pavan, many THANKS for sharing the picture. I don't think this is the final look of the W201. Perhaps, one of the many test mules & design permutations? Going by the SUV's proportions from what we've seen so far, I feel the W201 has a lot of potential. And looks are key to the success of most SUVs (just ask Fortuner...or, on the other hand, the Yeti).

Shankar's post makes me believe that the picture might be "there", but not "completely there".
Old 10th July 2011, 19:43   #1196
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Pics on Page 50! SCOOP Pics on Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Pavan, many THANKS for sharing the picture. I don't think this is the final look of the W201. Perhaps, one of the many test mules & design permutations? Going by the SUV's proportions from what we've seen so far, I feel the W201 has a lot of potential. And looks are key to the success of most SUVs (just ask Fortuner...or, on the other hand, the Yeti).

Shankar's post makes me believe that the picture might be "there", but not "completely there".
Guys I am 95% sure that this may be the car. Keep in mind that it seems this was taken with a camera-phone so the resolution is way way low. If you look at the other spy pics you can clearly see the claw-like impressions on the lower side of the car. The blacked out bits is not photoshop, It is some form of plastic or tape. The black area under the grill has light reflecting off it. It also seems matt because the light source is above rather than below. The kink in the headlights is also clearly present in the other pics as well as the ones on the A-Pillar. The reason it seems a different colour is again because of the lights.
The only thing missing is a lower section which was a grill in the previous mule. Although I think they removed it for obvious reasons, water could easily get in. I however dont see any fog lights...thats strange.
Old 10th July 2011, 23:48   #1197
Distinguished - BHPian

I really hope this is not the final version. The bumper and grille are UGLY, such a waste of otherwise nice profile. I would have doubted these pics if it would have been some other manufacturer, going by the designs of Xylo and some recent ugly looking CVs, all of the Mahindra's recent launches were ugly looking(now don't mention Thar here, it was not designed by Mahindra).

Keeping fingers crossed, hoping this is not the real World SUV we have been waiting for years.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 06:55   #1198
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I really hope this is not the final version. The bumper and grille are UGLY, such a waste of otherwise nice profile. I would have doubted these pics if it would have been some other manufacturer, going by the designs of Xylo and some recent ugly looking CVs, all of the Mahindra's recent launches were ugly looking(now don't mention Thar here, it was not designed by Mahindra).
Ugliness has been a theme with Mahindra design team. Just look at their earlier generation of Scorpio/Bolero etc and the current iterations.

I still strongly believe that Mahindra designers use to design fake gold jewellery before joining Mahindra. They don't know the meaning of class...

Anyways, after using the Scorpio for about a year and half, I have ruled out the W201 as a possible upgrade so it doesn't bother me to watch the Mahindra designers gone wild show.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 11th July 2011 at 06:59.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 09:58   #1199
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i agree with 4x4 that the W201 is not really the ideal upgrade from the Scorp.
much rather wait for the Duster and that breed of good quality, utilitarian SUV's. what say 4x4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Ugliness has been a theme with Mahindra design team. Just look at their earlier generation of Scorpio/Bolero etc and the current iterations.

I still strongly believe that Mahindra designers use to design fake gold jewellery before joining Mahindra. They don't know the meaning of class...

Anyways, after using the Scorpio for about a year and half, I have ruled out the W201 as a possible upgrade so it doesn't bother me to watch the Mahindra designers gone wild show.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:19   #1200
BHPian

My two cents..

If this is the car everyone has been waiting for... Mahindra has gone for certain type of market segment.. (a segment that also incorporates all the teenager). To me the designing (lines and gaps) look more like a Adidas trainer than a car!!

...and if this not the new Mahindra, when for our enthusiasm's sake will they atleast release some teaser shots?!! With this picture, the enthusiam about this car is peaking and the only way is down!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks