Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 13:48   #1966
BHPian

re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs

Is this the same company which sales i.) Scorpio 4X4 priced at 10lac+ ii) Ages Old Bolero at (6-7 lac+) iii.) Plain vanilla Thar at 6lac+ ???

Initially This pricing may look shocking, But This is really required , Otherwise ARIA is also not a bad vehicle at all..

This is called PRAGMATISM..

Sorry for bit OT but, After Honda (city/jazz/brio) and now XUV500, the message is loud and clear : PRICING IS IMPORTANT.

Let’s hope Others (Ford(Fiesta), FIAT,TATA (ARIA) ,……) also understand this..

It’s really disappointing to see good vehicles not getting the response they deserved , just because some uncompetitive pricing..
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 13:48   #1967
Senior - BHPian

re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs

I am not sure why so many people are criticizing the vehicle. I am not emotionally invested in it, and have cursorily looked at just a couple of pics, but it seems alright. And the features and pricing seem to be excellent.

I am not sure how fast that segment (11-13 lakh range) is growing, but this has the potential to wrest away marketshare from its competitors and also do some cannibalization.
Old 29th September 2011, 13:49   #1968
BHPian

Here is the first drive report:

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-xuv500_8_0.jpg
First Drive Report by ACI

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th September 2011 at 20:46. Reason: Keeping fair usage policies in mind, it's best to only include an excerpt + link to full article
Furebo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 13:49   #1969
BHPian

Amazing, I must say I like the looks and with this price, it will just sell like hot cakes. I agree that it will give competition to Captiva and even Fortuner With production of 2000 units per month, seems we wont have a long waiting(hopefully). I am already thinking of selling my Verna..
Any idea when will we get the reviews here?

Last edited by gouravsinha : 29th September 2011 at 13:49. Reason: Bad formatting
Old 29th September 2011, 13:52   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Agreed..

But my point is it may eat away most of the sales from Fortuner and even Innova(not to forget Mahindra's there own Scorpio).
Its totally shocking for me and i have not recovered from it. The reason for my shock.

1. Pricing - I thought the price may come around 15 Lac Ex showroom.
2. Styling and Equipments - Have never thought that Mahindra can come up with some bold style statement.
Exactly! I went ahead and bought Innova thinking that this will not come anything below 15 Lac. The second part was known through various forums, though.
Old 29th September 2011, 13:53   #1971
BHPian

The ARAI fuel efficiency figure for the XUV is a class-leading 15.1kpl.

Are you kidding me ?
Old 29th September 2011, 13:58   #1972
Zed
BHPian

Now that the price point has been announced (and I agree that it will vary between the metros) its clear that M&M is taking the fight to the pascar segment. With the launch of the mini-xylo M&M, in the near future, will have in their arsenal a mini-UV, UVs, SUVs & a crossover to provide an alternate (in pricing terms) for cars from stables of Maruti, Hyundai, TML, Toyota....

And they are able to challenge some of the existing pascar brands without actually producing a pascar! Im not even considering the Verito sedan as part of this strategy, though it aids the same to a certain degree.

What M&M is doing is sticking to its fundamentals and this has been one of the underlying reasons for its success\growth in the last 10 years. They have kept the focus on their basic DNA which has been non-pascar. Hats off ...M&M !

In all of this discussion the significance of the 2.2 Ltr M-Hawk is probably being overlooked ( taken for granted may be a better way to express the sentiment) as it is an integral part of the XUV package. This engine has really proved its mettle and one can only speculate what the situation would have been if M&M had not taken the effort to develop this motor.
Old 29th September 2011, 14:05   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Superb design (yes!), loads of features, initial TD reviews does speak about good fit and finish, clean panel lines and a great pricing level - game changer!

Great going M&M!
Old 29th September 2011, 14:08   #1974
Senior - BHPian

I have been seeing this thread always at the top of new posts listing since the unveiling of the XUV500.
This makes it clear, that even if you hate it or love it, you just can't ignore it. And I reckon, even those people who hate it for it's design would love it when they will see other's driving it on road. I am sure about it.
Mahindra has just taken a leap into a new generation altogether with this machine. The design and interiors are so forward looking and next gen that you wouldn't even know that your hair turned grey while you are still enjoying it's plush interiors and the aggressive stance.
I agree the front grill is a bit overdone, but that's actually Mahindra's confidence brimming through those grill. They have outrightly thrown the ball into customer's court now.
This is the best Mahindra has come till date and the challenge is now for us to accept it and have fun with the machine.
I reckon, not only Innova, Scorpio, Safari, Merlin, Captiva and other SUVs would feel threaten, but trust me at this price even the C and C+ segments sedan would feel the heat of XUV 500.
I for one would prefer it over the new Ford Fiesta at that price.
I am seriously falling in love with this beast, now only if I had the moolah to get it right away.
A job well done by M&M
Old 29th September 2011, 14:13   #1975
BHPian

Mahindra has scored exactly where Tata screwed. Bang-on pricing, right in the middle of the ring!! No wonder this product is going to be successful in spite of the radical styling.

I guess Tata would now bring in another version of the Aria at 9.5 lakhs further to annoy existing buyers
Old 29th September 2011, 14:14   #1976
BHPian

Fantastic !
Pricing indeed is the highlight of this launch.
People who recently bought Scorpio ( including me) will be scratching thier heads
Congrats Mahindra for such a competetive pricing. Other manufacturers, probably have to tighten their belts
Old 29th September 2011, 14:15   #1977
Senior - BHPian

A brilliant effort by M&M and a great pricing. Surely it will lead the market and eat the competitors for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Definitely fits my requirements and will be my next car. Need to start saving up for this beast.
Old 29th September 2011, 14:16   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't find a photo (even in the official site) which clearly shows leg-room for third row. Can some one please post this?
Old 29th September 2011, 14:22   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Compared to the XUV500 Ssanyong's look's real 'oddball' both Korando (lesser extent) and Rexton II (greater extent). M&M will have a difficult time convincing buyers to go for the Ssangyong's. I think the XUV500 will have huge wait list.
Old 29th September 2011, 14:22   #1980
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Price:

Price in Delhi is 12.88 for the top end one.
Which means that one has to add up another 50 ish for Bangalore which makes it about 13.4 lacs

And my pal in M&M in Bangalore has pretty much confirmed that it is 15.2-15.3 on road Bangalore.

This is for the Top End 4WD version that is which comes with all bells and whistles.

So this is a superbly priced vehicle and I am glad that someone in M&M was listening to the public.

Procedure:

Pay 10-20K - booking amount
Get a call from the Relationship chaps at M&M and confirm your booking
Once you get an allocation number pay another 30K - say 50K downpayment for booking.
Wait around one month for delivery I believe.

Depends on the booking haste of people who are in the market.

And if Indeed this price is the right one on road in Bangalore it will simply sweep the marketplace.
They will be booked out in a very short time indeed.
Also - it will eat severely into the Innova's territory and practically murder the poor little Yeti and all else in between.

This pricing is truly fantastic.

The only thing that needs to be compared is the size in proportion to the Scorpio.

Now the Scorpio prices will fall down the blessed tube - thats part of the nuclear fallout of this price announcement!!

But Im happy as a consumer that M&M has not repeated the Aria strategy.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks