Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 14:20   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Mumbai/Pune ex-showroom prices are cheaper than Delhi!! So the W8 AWD will cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 14.5L OTR in Pune. That's awesome!

Recent Scorpio owners, repeat after me - I refuse to get tempted, I refuse to get tempted, I refuse to get tempted, I refuse to get tempted!!

Cheers,
Vikram
"I AM TEMPTED".... who would not be

This is a great price point, awesome value for money; will get overbooked and premiums would start soon.

If I had not bought my Scorpio 4x4 last month, I would have actively considered it, would have probably bought an all wheel drive. Have at least 6-7 colleagues who are seriously looking at it, booked for the TD at the ASC, they are willing to wait, all upgrades from sedans. The car has not come, the ASC is going apes in Ahmedabd at the number of calls they get and requests for TD, there's a lot of interest and most are genuine at a time when demand is slack.

--Ramky
=======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 30th September 2011 at 14:21.
Old 30th September 2011, 14:20   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

just got back from the XUV launch at chennai. it looks awesome in flesh!
Firstly, the space inside is pretty generous- i did not have to push the seat back completly to get comfortable. On closing the door (I could not do this on the scorpio) but i fit in with a lot of space- which made me feel nice.

I checked the 2nd row with the seat pushed back completly and there was space for me to sit in the 2nd row. Though the drivers seating position will take some getting used to, it felt comfortable - and a commanding position.

I fell in love with the touch screen interactive unit (whatever they wish to call it) its really funky in terms of navigation (and it comes built in wiht satnav and regional language support)

being the first gen - I might want to wait and watch, but it seriously rocks.
madan80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 14:26   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Now i have a question here. If i have to buy this car, should i buy it rightnow as the prices are low or should i wait for sometime and then when this is available through canteen,i should buy it?
Which would be a good option? Since through canteen you can save around 1.5 lakh compared to outside price hence confused. If going forward the price increase is more than 1 - 1.5 lakh, then dont you guys think it would be better to buy this rightnow rather than wait for months?
Old 30th September 2011, 14:34   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli
Now i have a question here. If i have to buy this car, should i buy it rightnow as the prices are low or should i wait for sometime and then when this is available through canteen,i should buy it?
Which would be a good option? Since through canteen you can save around 1.5 lakh compared to outside price hence confused. If going forward the price increase is more than 1 - 1.5 lakh, then dont you guys think it would be better to buy this rightnow rather than wait for months?
If I knew that I could save 1.5 lac through canteen, I would wait and let the smaller niggles get sorted out in the first few batches.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:04   #2210
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Just came back from the live unveiling of the XUV500 from the Mahindra showroom in Gurgaon and here are the first pics of an XUV in a showroom! (these pics are taken from my mobile cam, pardon the quality!)
I will update this comment with my initial reaction in a short while!
But I can tell you I am totally pleasantly shocked with the quality and design and VFM that this XUV offers! If all goes as per plan, we will soon replace our Civic with the XUV500 and the Yeti will have a bigger brother for company!

The XUV500 was displayed in Black and I must say it looks quite elegant and powerful in this colour. It does help hide some of the gawky elements like the cuts in the front bumper and some of the other design elements. I must say that my initial reaction on the design was impulsive and the XUV500 looks much better than it looks in pics.
The fit and finish is much much better than any previous Mahindras and the execution is also very good. The XUV is a class apart from the Scorpio and at the price segment at which it has been launched, it will shift a lot of Scorpio buyers to the XUV. Other C-segment sedans will also take a major hit on sales and a lot of people will opt for the XUV500 instead.
Regarding interiors, they were of a good design and the theme looks modern, but lacks fit and finish and some of the plastics look cheap. Overall, there is a lot of space inside and the inside theme gels well. The seat colour is dark beige with dark brown and the dash in the W8 variant I saw was dark beige. There is also an option of Black and Plum interiors.

The steering wheel and front console also looks impressive.

Seeing the euphoria at the showroom - there were at least 120 customers there to see the XUV at the unveiling itself, I feel that this XUV will certainly do well at the phenomenal price point at which it has been launched. It offers a lot more VFM than many other competitors (Aria, Yeti and even Fortuner) at a very aggressive pricepoint. What remains to be seen however, is the quality level and the consistency and reliability of the overall product.

It seems that Mahindra have a clear winner on their hands and this will be a complete game changer in the Indian Auto industry!

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-30092011232.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-30092011239.jpg

Attachment 818663

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-30092011246.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-30092011249.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-30092011236.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-30092011243.jpg

Regards,
Behemoth
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-30092011245.jpg  

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th September 2011 at 15:27.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 15:08   #2211
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2011 at 18:47.
throttleking is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2011, 15:10   #2212
BHPian

M&M has pulled out a poverbial 'rabbit out of the hat' with XUV500. A stunner thats going to give many sedans & SUV's upto T-Fort run for their money. I in fact was looking at T-Fort as my automotive next step, and now with XUV500, is wondering if T-Fort is worth the additional 10 lakhs (going by Blr price estimates)...!

BTW, came across this comparison at Mahindra XUV500 snapshot: Performance, features, safety and value for money evaluation of Mahindra XUV500 SUV in India | DWS Auto India.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:19   #2213
BHPian

Wow what excitement for a Mahindra vehicle. Look at how a price (though not really cheap) cheaper than competition can bring in so much interest.

Lets hope the T-BHP review comes quickly.
Don't really believe the other newspaper reviews. The general reviews in all newspapers, etc are all positive with some negatives on plastics, some rocking behavior similar to Scorpio (no idea what is that) and refinement levels.

To be on the safe side, all early birds should wait up for the review here before going and booking.

Cheers
Old 30th September 2011, 15:32   #2214
BHPian

I really want to see the reaction at Tata Motors........what they must be thinking now and how will they position their Aria/Safari Merlin/Safari/Grande....after this price from Mahindra.
If they do not correct their price range then they are really going to have a tough time.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:34   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just came back from the live unveiling of the XUV500 from the Mahindra showroom in Gurgaon and here are the first pics of an XUV in a showroom! (these pics are taken from my mobile cam, pardon the quality!)
I will update this comment with my initial reaction in a short while!
But I can tell you I am totally pleasantly shocked with the quality and design and VFM that this XUV offers! If all goes as per plan, we will soon replace our Civic with the XUV500 and the Yeti will have a bigger brother for company!

Regards,
Behemoth

Great Pics! thanks! Wish you had more interior pictures! From the pictures ive seen on other sites the beige shade in the XUV500 is not good! Really looks cheap! Its not the light beige we like!
And the other option is plum which i hate! Mahindra, why couldnt you provide only black as an option!

Last edited by Y@SH : 30th September 2011 at 15:43. Reason: Editing
Old 30th September 2011, 15:35   #2216
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody post a close up of the (external) door handles? They look weird.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:38   #2217
Senior - BHPian

Found the Overdrive walk around of the XUV500 on youtube! In HD!

Enjoy guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Can somebody post a close up of the (external) door handles? They look weird.
Here is a photo from the Indian Autos Blog, that I posted some pages back.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-6192113805_845d16fa20_b.jpg  

Last edited by anekho : 30th September 2011 at 15:57.
anekho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 15:38   #2218
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle seems to be good and VFM in many respects. However, the question I have in my mind is are there enough buyers to make it an instant hit?

Though it may be a worthy competitor for the sedans like Vento, it's not a sedan and though it may be feature packed, it will never be able to provide comfort like a true sedan.

Though it will give the likes of the Safari and Aria a run for their money, there are people who have already bought the Safaris and Arias. They aren't likely to downgrade (in terms of prices) and take a monetary hit in the process just because the XUV seems to be a more VFM product.

Though it will eat into the Scorpio's sales, existing Scorpio owners, specially those who have bought it in the last year or so are not likely to replace their vehicles with the XUV.

So the question is where is the XUV going to generate the numbers from?
Old 30th September 2011, 15:41   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody paste the beige interiors pictures in here? I tried looking and didnt come across any! I dont suppose its even there on the official site.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:45   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The vehicle seems to be good and VFM in many respects. However, the question I have in my mind is are there enough buyers to make it an instant hit?

Though it may be a worthy competitor for the sedans like Vento, it's not a sedan and though it may be feature packed, it will never be able to provide comfort like a true sedan.

Though it will give the likes of the Safari and Aria a run for their money, there are people who have already bought the Safaris and Arias. They aren't likely to downgrade (in terms of prices) and take a monetary hit in the process just because the XUV seems to be a more VFM product.

Though it will eat into the Scorpio's sales, existing Scorpio owners, specially those who have bought it in the last year or so are not likely to replace their vehicles with the XUV.

So the question is where is the XUV going to generate the numbers from?
Ohh there is quite a lot of pent up demand available. All the sedan buyers will now definitely consider the XUV and some may be converted.

I know of at least a few baby boomers, who are actively looking at something like the Innova for themselves. They too would consider the XUV for sure.

And existing SUV owners, if they are not taking a hit of more than a couple of lakhs on their existing vehicles, may too go for an upgrade. Depends on their Vitamin M strength.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks