Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 21:17   #2281
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Congratulations mannubhai!

I am probably one of those who play it safe and will wait for a t-bhp review and a self long TD (50+ )
and I would love to buy a Mahindra or Tata without the niggles because unless we buy we can't complain that they don't innovate.

As far as the rearview goes, I can safely presume that you use all three mirrors (even I do) but if I look at the IRVM in isolation then the view was pretty limited, my perception.
Nitin,
I was between the devil and sea for few days ...read scorpio and safari :P

This was a welcome change as the next option for me was a good 1 year down the line, the duster.

It met all that im looking at,then why not take the plunge was the feel.

I was happy with the TD and as u mentioned, i use all 3 mirrors, i dont look back and turn/reverse. From that point also the visibility was good. May be the height and seating was to my favor.
Old 30th September 2011, 21:17   #2282
Zed
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
Zed,
The crossover segment is happening and there are plenty of choices.The Korean choices are Kia Sportage and the Hyundai ix35,and there are others too such as the Japanese Daihatsu Terios,the Nissan Juke,the Mitsubishi ASX,the highly rated Nissan Qashqai,Jeep Compass,Toyota Urban Cruiser are priced in the same range as the XUV 500 in the UK.The prices of cars in UK and India are about the same on road.
Most of the cars in your list are 5 seaters. Not sure how many of the models mentioned are available in the markets im referring to. We are talking about a 7 seater with a fair amount of bells and whistles & a frugal engine with just about enough power to satisfy the needs of daily commute in countries with less than perfect roads where families tend to be larger (extra seats are welcome!). A lower level of fit and finish maybe overlooked from VFM perspective. This line of thinking is not valid for the advanced markets.
Old 30th September 2011, 21:22   #2283
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Now that the vehicle is launched and has taken the Indian Market by storm I am sharing the feedback that I had given the M&M team in May 2011.

At the outset itself, let me say that I am personally very impressed with them because they certainly seem to have taken a number of the points I made, into consideration.

I have placed BOLD TEXT next to each point, with the status of whether it has been done or not. Am glad to say that for the most part these things have been looked after.

Here goes;
------
Mahindra W201 SUV.
Detailed Feedback from the Vehicle Evaluation Session in May 2011 in Bombay.
Exterior bits:
Appearance and Design.
At first sight the W201 reminded me very powerfully of a shrunk-sized mini Mitsubishi Montero with its purposeful and reasonably aggressive appearance.
Grille Design – should be a fully integrated up to the bumper as in picture 5. (Not done)
Do not make the M&M signature walrus tooth more prominent by adding chrome and bling. Leave it understated the way it is right now in the picture and on the vehicle. (Done)
Grille surround Honeycomb pattern looks nice and premium but needs to be a little smaller – this will add to its ‘classiness’ (Not Done)Door handles have to be of better plastic. Beat inspired handles are ok but the regular ones with an integrated central lock is preferred. (as in the International new version Subaru Forester) (Not done but OK)
The doors need to shut with a dull thud which inspires solidity. Right now they feel clunky and insecure. None of the doors in the prototype samples were set properly. (Now done)
Headlamps with projectors and integrated daytime running lights + bumper integrated fog/ driving lamps are nice. I hope the headlamps are powerful – at least 100/90’s. (Yes)
The OEM horn sounds quite fine though a bit “tinny” – certainly better than what I was expecting. But can you not have a more premium sounding horn installed? (did not check)
Already in these prototype samples some of the electricals weren’t working – for example the maroon vehicle’s rear door lamps. It is very difficult for a consumer to trust this kind of electrical/ electronics quality. (Done now)
The Vehicle looks purposeful and tough from outside when viewed casually – however, as a consumer I worry as to how tough it actually is – it is definitely not as confidence inspiring as the Fortuner. (Less worries now)
The ORVMs are good – electrically operated is a plus. A true test is whether the mirror glass vibrates when the vehicle is being driven at speed on the highways. While driving on a highway at 100kmph can one actually read the number plate of any vehicle coming up behind? If yes – great. If not – then it is falls short on quality. Also how reliable are these electricals? (don’t know yet)
The Rear Rump C Pillar curvature angle could have been the same as the Front wheel arch curvature angle. Right now the body lines don’t flow nearly as well as they should. The “bum” of the vehicle looks a little forced. It also contributes to the goldfish bowl feeling one gets when one sits in the 3rd row and peers out of the window. (Cheetah inspired is the deal so cannot do.)
The sides of the vehicle need at least a nice, tapered, elegant, rubber nudge strip to protect the paint-work from scratches by two wheelers etc. (can be bought separately)
The rear of the vehicle looks a bit boxy and Xylo-ish. Vehicle height could have been a bit less than current but its ok. (Rear side not much change.)
Rear high mounted brake lamp could have been better integrated with the body rather than as a separate tacky looking plastic piece as current. (Done)
Rear hatch release button is nicely integrated but the finish of the rubberized plastic has to be much better. Release button cover needs to be absolutely flush instead of ballooning like it is now. (Done)
Rear hatch release surround plastic looks and feels poor. (OK now)
There are no rain channels/ visors which means rain can get into the vehicle when it is being driven with its windows down. (can be bought separately)
Gas filled struts to open and hold the rear hatch is a welcome move. In keeping with the Premium positioning, why can’t this be done for the bonnet also? (Not done)
Reverse sensors a good integration. Why not a reverse camera integrated within the in-dash display system too? (can be bought separately)
Rear bumper is nice and the serrations on it are reminiscent of the CRV. Looks nice and tough. Wonder whether these can be coated with rubber so that they wear better. (No worries)
Load bay access is pretty good. Need the exact width of the load bay inside – will it fit a golf bag and trolley horizontally the way the Scorpio is able to? (Yet to test this)
Twin exhausts are subtle and quietly aggressive.
I did not notice a proper tow hook facility. The tow hook option must be there – the same way premium SUVs abroad have that facility. (No option as yet I think)
From what I saw the Vehicle needs much better underbody protection despite the 205mm ground clearance. (Done now I think)
Contrary to what your chief designers mentioned I don’t think this vehicle can have a break over angle of 36. I definitely don’t think this car can do a bit of rock climbing on the side! (This I still would not chance as of now)
Am glad you have taken care of the water-splashing-on-the-bonnet-and-windshield issue.
Why can’t you provide a hydraulic jack instead of the cheap mechanical one? Why can’t the tool kit be more premium instead of the standard M&M kit which you give across vehicle types? (Not done)
Why not have high quality Warning triangles such as the ones in Mercedes Benz? (Not done)Tyre size at 235 65 17 is ok. (OK)
The 5 spoke alloys look nice. I hope these are being offered across all variants.(good enough on W6 & W8)

Interior bits & Control bits.
Wish you could do a keyless entry and push button start system.(Not done)
The present flippy key and its plastic surround are poorly executed – I hope the final ones have far greater finesse. (Much Better in the production version)
Interior plastics, carpeting and upholstery need loads of improvement. The fit and finish quality is not great for what is supposed to be a premium World SUV.(Done now)
All the floor mats should have a hook and eyelet system. The mats should be made of high quality rubber and feel nice and full bodied when hefted. The hooks can be floor mounted on the carpeting and the mats which have the eyelets should be hooked onto the hooks. This will prevent the mats from sliding around inside. (This would be good but has not been done yet)
Faux Wood looks cheap. Contrary to the presumptions made by most auto manufacturers, faux wood is distinctly un-classy! ( Cleaned up in production)
Instrument panel hood is very sad. Looks like an afterthought. Why can’t you invest in a proper moulded dashboard as per modern standards? (Wish they would do this.)
Instrument pod surrounds appear cheap plastic – they come off in one’s hand if pulled. (Cleaned up in production)
Door handle plastics are cheap. Also they are quite bulky as is the locking mechanism – an aggressive child can easily break them off. (cleaned up in production)
The entire dashboard needs to be made of proper soft touch rubberized plastics if this is to be a premium SUV. (done for the most part in the production version)
All the AC Vents are ghastly. You need to remove these cheap AC Vents all around and ensure that they are nicely integrated into the interiors. Simple integrated flaps which are flush mounted would be far classier than what is currently being used. ( Not done)
All the switches in the control panel feel very cheap and plasticky and are not well integrated into the control area - they don’t feel built to last because one feels they may come out at any time. An aggressive child can prise them open very easily. They need to be flush mounted and made of far more tactile, rubberized, soft feel plastics. (cleaned up in the production version)
The print on the switches is easy to read.
Climate control is a distinct plus.
Steering controls are nice and would be easy to use.
Steering wheel could be chunkier in keeping with the vehicle size and dimensions. (Still ok)
Handbrake placement very awkward. Doesn’t feel solid and well put together nor integrated – like the imported SUV’s do. (Cleaned up in production)
I don’t feel very confident of the 6 forward + 1 reverse, gearbox. Cannot say till I drive the vehicle. The gearbox feels notchy. (will test and share)
Would there be an Automatic version at launch or later? (hope it comes soon)
The engine sounds very loud – despite being a tuned up Mhawk 2.2 unit which now belts out 140BHP, it hasn’t really lost its diesel clatter. Feels too noisy and nowhere near as smooth and creamy as the Captiva’s engine for example. (cleaned up now)
AWD lock mode – this means that the vehicle is either FWD or AWD depending on the selection. Is there a “low” and “high” ratio selector for AWD or not? (Not as of now)
Also I didn’t notice Electronic traction control, EBD, hill descent control and any other technically superior and safety engineering technology. All these would certainly be required in a WORLD SUV! (Superb that they brought in all this and more!)
The Standard 4 Disc brakes + ABS + Airbags etc are very good features and should be offered across all variants. (excellent that they’ve offered it across variants)
So should AWD be offered across all variants. (No luck on this one but their decision makes sense)
I cannot comment on its suspension and handling until I have driven it. Being a monocoque it should have far less body roll than the Scorpio! I would particularly like to observe its behavior over bad speed bumps and potholes. I hope it doesn’t feel as unsettled and skittery as the Scorpio does when going on a bumpy stretch. (Will test and share)
USB Port and AUX Port are badly sited because if one shuts the flap behind which they reside, one runs the risk of breaking off the USB stick. (This is definitely a problem even now)
Internal cabin light switch designs in 2nd and 3rd row are good. Nice thought and nice to use.
Internal 3rd row separate AC control is a good touch.
Instead of current 60:40, the 2nd row seats to be individually collapsible and foldable/ fold over/ tumble completely against front seat backs in order to liberate humongous space. (There is a lot of luggage space)
All the seats require far greater under-thigh support and need to be a bit snugger around the body than they currently are – they need to be more bucket seat- like in their design. This applies to the driver’s, passenger’s and 2nd row seats. (Cleaned up very well in production)
The front seats height and back adjustment controls are not of good quality. They need to be far better as do all the interior plastic trims. Even the seat slider control bars could have better, more premium rubberized, soft feel handles instead of the present ones. (cleaned up in production)
The front seats offer decent head room and shoulder room even for a tall chap like me.
The lumbar support adjuster is sited on the top left hand side of the driving seat – with my long arms I could not use it properly at all and one can’t be expected to get out of the vehicle and adjust lumbar support. Either re-site and improve quality OR provide electrical adjustment option. (Not done but still manageable)
Dark upholstery MUST be an option. This “Indian” idiocy about beige upholstery and interiors has got to stop. For one thing it is highly impractical in our dusty, dirty conditions. (Thank god they listened)
2nd row centre seat belts are a cheap job – you have to provide a retractable roller type centre seat belt if this is supposed to be a premium vehicle! (have to check this out again)
2nd row leg room is not enough especially with that whacking great plastic seat back for the front seats. (Cleaned up now admirably)
2nd row needs to be moveable – sliding type to increase comfort. (not done)
You can provide the foldable tray on the seat backs like in the VW Touran and other international cars. (Not comparing the Xylo because the Xylo accessories are made of cheap plastics).(Better than Xylo certainly)
The 2nd row seats have lots of empty spaces underneath them. Either cover this or do something because loose stuff keeps moving around underneath which is a pain. (done to an extent)
Inside RVM is taken from the Scorpio – it is not great. You need to provide a wider higher quality rear view mirror inside.(cleaned up now)
The vanity mirror + light are good. The centre convex mirror is good. The driver sunshade with spaces to keep the toll slips etc is a nice idea but needs to be better executed. The flap mouth opening needs to be better so as to be able to slide the slips in. (all done now)
The sunglass case is nice but I think it is very important to provide at least 2 such – what happens to the passenger’s sunglasses otherwise? (unfortunately no passenger glass case)
Centre storage console is good (on the dashboard) – its interiors are very poor cheap felt type. Cannot accept this. (cleaned up now)
The main glove compartment is ok but inside is finished very poorly with cheap materials.(cleaned up now)
The centre storage console between the two front seats is ok but not very well designed. The materials used feel very cheap in the present avatar. (Please take tips from Honda CIVIC for this.) (Well cleaned up now)
This centre console has to have an AC vent in it for the 2nd row passengers. The ac vents mounted on the B pillars are not quite sufficient for a hot country like ours. (will check this when TD)
This centre console also could have an extra storage for the 2nd row passengers.(will check on TD)
2nd row seat arm rest can be longer as it will benefit if only 2 passengers are using the 2nd row.(will check on TD)
3rd row seats are cramped . (will always be cramped I guess)
The fabric upholstery options shown separately are ok – but the crises-cross design is ugly and cheap. (done now in production)
The leather upholstery in the maroon vehicle is better but still needs “finish” quality. (Done now)
Flat folding 3rd row seats are a good idea but frankly the execution is not that great. (even in the vehicle I saw today the 3rd row seats don’t fold absolutely flat – one of them pops up a bit.)
3rd Row seat backs should be made of a scratch resistant rubbery plastic so that the area can be swabbed down with soap and water or washed down properly like the Nissan X Trail. (useful for people carrying their dogs around or their golf trolleys/ dirty shoes etc around ) – (wish this were done – as of now the seat backs are a carpet like material)
You need a proper capacious net bag for loose odds and ends in the luggage bay- (Im not sure if this can be bought now but it is not there in the stock version at the showroom.)
Nylon retractable rear luggage bay cover required as standard. No one likes passers-by peering at their personal luggage in the back. Also such a cover can be used as a rear parcel shelf as required. (Wish this were done or atleast available in the accessories menu)
A proper high quality hanger hook system to be provided for people to hang their coats and jackets when required. (Coat caddy) (Am glad they listened and have provided this as part of the accessories that can be separately purchased)
Music system quality is OK – may be better to take expert help and to offer a really high quality in car entertainment system. The speakers are not well mounted enough inside the innards of the vehicle and do tend to jar at higher volumes. The sound experience has to be far far better. You can benchmark this against even the Subaru Forester and Mitsubishi Outlander and perceive the difference. (Amazingly, this seems to have been done!!)
The Instrument illuminating LED colours are wild – as is the illuminating ring around the ignition. Why not consider Light Orange or a nice Icy Blue or perhaps even a honey amber colour – these will be far more premium than this red that is currently being used! (this still remains as RED)
The Primary Key to this vehicle’s success is the pricing. The Scorpio top end 4WD AT at 15.3 lacs on road in Bangalore is way overpriced given its fit finish and what it offers. This W201 would be doomed if you repeat a Tata Aria strategy and try to compete in price with the Ford Endy, Yeti and Captiva etc.( The M&M chaps have surpassed all possible expectations with their pricing!!!)
You would need to price it eminently sensibly in order to sweep the market. I would suggest that you do a repeat of the Toyota “Qualis” strategy of 12 years ago – offer superb quality, price it very attractively, impress the consumer with the value offering and bullet-proof reliability, ensure complete consumer delight and loyalty by ensuring an unforgettable, high quality sales, after sales and service experience thus cracking the market completely open. (Only time will tell but knowing M&M Im sure they will look after their consumers)
Please offer some good understated colours and paint shades – battleship greys, dark greens and silver apart from your normal bright blingy colours. Please do not restrict the consumer in terms of colour choice, the way it is being done in the case of the Scorpio top end model, where only black and white are being offered! ( Thank God they listened to this piece of feedback!!!)
This vehicle should not become a mere urban wannabe poseur’s bling-wagon – it needs to appeal as well to the slightly more evolved consumer who values subtlety, style, safety, genuine utility value and functionality over mere form and appearance! ( Yes for the most part it meets expectations brilliantly)
Also, please re-formulate your CRM strategy around this W201 vehicle. The present CRM programme you are running leaves much to be desired – going by my own experience as a Scorpio owner and the launch of the W201 is a superb opportunity for a CRM programme revamp! ( I am glad they have listened to this too, with the launch of the PURPLE CLUB CRM program!!!)
While it is a first class effort for a first time product, it still has to evolve into a something truly world class. However, if you do pay the right attention to quality and fit and finish and launch it after all these improvements are made, this vehicle will be greatly appreciated in the market.
In my opinion this W201 is worth around Rs. 12-13 lacs for the top end variant with all the bells and whistles, because the vehicle is freshly and indigenously developed and is yet to be proven in the marketplace.

But it is indeed a superb effort made for a completely indigenously designed, developed and manufactured vehicle!!!

Well Done M&M!!!
-------------
ENDIT.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th September 2011 at 21:39.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 21:25   #2284
BHPian

one quick question. Are there any storage spaces under the seats. As in, just in case you want to carry a hydraulic jack or a electric pump for example.
Old 30th September 2011, 21:28   #2285
BHPian

Sirish chandran OD,giving his views...

rolling on DUB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 21:40   #2286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
From what I read in a review on some website, beige-brown interiors are available only for White colored XUV; for all other colors, the interiors are black-chocolate.

Can someone, who has seen the car in flesh, confirm this?

Also, is XUV available in any of the showrooms in Pune? I am eager to catch a glimpse of it!
Its not true. Beige is available in black too, atleast that what i saw with my own eyes. Infact there are 3 colour options to choose from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Can anybody paste the beige interiors pictures in here? I tried looking and didnt come across any! I dont suppose its even there on the official site.
Sorry i wish i had taken my camera. But trust me, Beige is not complimenting this car (totally my opinion). Black is the way to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Ohh there is quite a lot of pent up demand available. All the sedan buyers will now definitely consider the XUV and some may be converted.

I know of at least a few baby boomers, who are actively looking at something like the Innova for themselves. They too would consider the XUV for sure.

And existing SUV owners, if they are not taking a hit of more than a couple of lakhs on their existing vehicles, may too go for an upgrade. Depends on their Vitamin M strength.

Cheers
I am one of them. I was looking to go for Vento or Cruze but now i will be booking the car tomorrow unless and until i really hate the drive which is gonna happen tomorrow itself. Finger crossed.
Old 30th September 2011, 21:48   #2287
Senior - BHPian

Some more points i noticed:

1) Build quality of the vehicle is fantastic, like every mahindra. The doors close with a nice heavy thud.

2) all switches on the centre console have a nice premium feel.

3) The showroom I visited had already got 100+ bookings within 24 hours!

4) You buy the XUV, you get access to the Purple club automatically.

5) Comments from some customers which i overheard -

* is this imported or actually made by mahindra?
* I want two XUVs in white, want delivery in 2 days, money no bar...
* What will happen to Innova now?
* I just bought a Fortuner, I never knew this is coming.

Prices, on-road in Mumbai -

W6 FWD - Rs. 12,62,752/-
W8 FWD - Rs. 13,97,681/-
W8 AWD - Rs. 15,06,800/-

My choice is the W8 FWD... Fultu paisa vasool !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
any info on Headlamps - power / bulb rating, does this have a projector setup.also the fog lamps looks very small compared to overall front grill .
Projector setup with halogens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Can anybody paste the beige interiors pictures in here? I tried looking and didnt come across any! I dont suppose its even there on the official site.
See my report above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
I just booked my XUV500- W6 - Volcano Black.

Expected delivery in 6 weeks.
congrats buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
I have booked W8 non AWD and in Black it would look like a 2 million rupees car
Congrats buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Well said my friend. We fail to appreciate a very bold and innovative move from our own people. We have come a long way from Ambassadors, Padminis, Heralds, Willys, etc.... we have proved we can do it. Appreciate it, and when Mahindra can do all this at such a wonderful price in spite of all the drawbacks we have in our "system" with excise duties, service taxes, etc... where the tax payers money goes to wrong places and countries, making every politicians richer by day. We appreciate a Toyota Qualis which was a failed model elsewhere and was many years old, we appreciate a fortuner which was built on an Innova platform and prices double and still feel wow what a piece for that money.... we need to be critics and we also need to appreciate good work. I have been in many countries and driven many SUVs around the world. But always felt and desired for a homegrown product as this. Hats off to Mahindra and wishing success for this new "game changer" in the India auto market. I wished i was in India for this launch, but still stuck glued to my laptop, watching the launch through live streaming. I will surely rush to the nearest Mahindra dealer to see this product and if possible take a TD. I just cant wait to touch down in India.... Mahindra, Kudos to you and the team that put this vehicle to the world.
very very well said. Its always WE... yes WE ourselves who look at homegrown products with disdain & tag them as cheap & low quality products.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:04   #2288
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mahindra and Tata also for that matter should have been able to design a better third row seat with space for atleast two over head compartment size stroller. This is a major gripe with the Scorpio as well, but obviously this thing is a quantum leap over the Scorpio.

Other than that and the overtly overdone front bumper, I think this is an excellent value for money package. The over priced CBU imported Soft Roaders like Koleos, Santa Fe, Captiva etc should be feeling the heat. Chevy may as well stop production of the Captiva. I am not sure why anyone would want to get overpriced Korean Imports over the 5 oooh oooh.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:15   #2289
Senior - BHPian

In the pic above, notice the placement of speakers. Its not low down in the footwell. Good for ICE lovers I guess, sound staging?!?!
Old 30th September 2011, 22:24   #2290
Senior - BHPian

@raj_5004 kudos to your fantastic efforts

When I look at the a/c vents, I feel if they may be too intimidating, will get too close and directly pointed to the person sitting closest to it and will not suffice to somebody sitting in middle in the 2nd row.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:27   #2291
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 112 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
yessir i am still on the hunt!
might consider this XUV but only after deep thought and one more look at the Yeti new version when it comes
anyway next year has a lot in store - the Ford EcoSport, Duster, Yeti new version etc.
lets see.
Dont think anything will come close to the XUV500 it terms of being VFM. I am impressed by the aggressive pricing. Like the Scorpio this should do well.

Why no AT?

Who would buy the top spec scorpio now?

Reminds me of the situation in Mitusbishi with the Pajero and the Outlander playing in the same price band just like the Scorpio and the XUV. And again in both cases one is a ladder frame and the other a Mono Chassis.

The 10L differential in the two segments seems absurd now.

I hope Tata does some magic with the Merlin pricing and wakes up.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 22:28   #2292
BHPian

Just booked the satine white awd top model.There was a mela at kandivali G3 motors.

Handed over a cheque of 40,000 before Tding the XUV.

When I was stepping out from the showroom at 1900 hrs,a plum w8 awd test drive vehicle arrived, and I was the first guy (knowing that they had already accepted the cheque) to TD the XUV.And it was just Wooooow!

Very responsive engine.Lovely interiors.

To cut it short,I am going to keep my 2009 superb in the parking lot atleast for a year.

Jeeyo mahindra!Made in India Proud of it!!

P.S :Fortuner,aria,captiva,endys,koleos RIP!!!
kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 22:34   #2293
BHPian

Considering this vehicle is planned for sale in Europe, and that it has so many safety features (multiple airbags and ESC), was there any European NCAP star rating announced at the launch ?

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 30th September 2011, 22:43   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
In the pic above, notice the placement of speakers. Its not low down in the footwell. Good for ICE lovers I guess, sound staging?!?!
Raj which showroom did you visit?I have booked the w8 awd satin white but they didnt have it on display.How did the color look on the beast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Now that the vehicle is launched and has taken the Indian Market by storm I am sharing the feedback that I had given the M&M team in May 2011.

-------------
ENDIT.
Sir the SA said the same thing we had huge inputs from South and we incorporated it.My sincere thanks to your feedback!!Jai ho!!
Old 30th September 2011, 22:47   #2295
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hi Kedar
Congrats first!
And thanks - yes I am extremely happy that M&M actually listen to their consumers.
Am glad for the opportunity to make the common regular joe's views known and an even more pleased that they've incorporated quite a bit of that feedback.
It is a good effort by M&M and it will certainly repeat the Scorpio success of 10 years ago!
As ACM said yes, it is about time the International boys learned a thing or two about their silly top down strategy nonsense and started giving us guys good value instead.
I am becoming more and more inclined to the thought that I should also book and buy the top end W8 instead of dithering.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post

Sir the SA said the same thing we had huge inputs from South and we incorporated it.My sincere thanks to your feedback!!Jai ho!!
this is a very good input - I also would like to know where it stands in terms of Euro NCAP ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
Considering this vehicle is planned for sale in Europe, and that it has so many safety features (multiple airbags and ESC), was there any European NCAP star rating announced at the launch ?

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th September 2011 at 23:51. Reason: merging posts
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks