Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 10:05   #2581
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I think it must be true. When I went to the dealer in Thane, he was saying that dealer crossed 100 bookings in just half a day.

Some are booking the car without seeing it or driving it !!!

I witnessed a man who wanted two in white in 2 days & was ready to pay any amount!
I don't think it is. As of yesterday morning IG at Chennai had taken close to 100 bookings (2 and 1/2 days after the launch) and was told that IG in Bangalore has done close to 200+. Going by these numbers, 8500 cars after day 1 rather 1/2 day after announcing he price seems to be a very tall claim.
Old 4th October 2011, 10:18   #2582
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
WoW! I just realized that this thread crossed 1 million views... what a great demand for VFM SUV in India which no MNC realized so far.
Good move by M&M.
This demand is generated by the VFM price tag, which may eventually reduce to certain extent once the price starts increasing.
Old 4th October 2011, 10:23   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
"The screw to lower the spare wheel located below the car. Tyre monitoring system on the XUV500 keeps a check on spare tyre’s pressure as well. Amazing, isn’t it?"

Way to go Mahindra....
This feature is available even in a Scorpio VLX . Nothing new about it . !!!!!
Old 4th October 2011, 10:29   #2584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
"Tyre monitoring system on the XUV500 keeps a check on spare tyre’s pressure as well. Amazing, isn’t it?"
XUV, they call GLOBAL SUV right?, TPMS is mandatory in certain countries. US since 2009 model year. In EU, starting 2012, all new models of passenger cars must be equipped with a TPMS Korea is next followed by Japan

Direct TPMS equipped tires cost slightly more to buy and maintain than non-equipped tires because proper care requires extra parts and labor. The valve service kit, which includes the valve core, cap, nut and o-ring (seal), must always be replaced when a tire is dismounted for service or replacement. A special TPMS tool and additional time are also needed to check and reset the sensor system. In the event pressure sensors need to be replaced, the cost varies depending on vehicle type. (courtesy firestone)

Our road side tire shop are equipped with all these? If not, probably first thing they do is disable this feature to avoid the annoying warning message on dashboard.
teamveevee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 10:29   #2585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Actually it is the light sensor for the automatic headlamps. The Climate control system doesn't have a sunlight sensor just a normal temp sensor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
Raj
Can you help understand further ? Why do they need a sunlight sensor for A/C ? It can be a hot and humid night.

IMHO, this can be a sensor for Auto Lights, GPS receiver etc. But not confirmed. Will have to remember to ask as and when I visit the showroom again.
I feel they are sunlight sensors.

1) Punto & many similar cars has got these type of sensors on the dash. They have got Auto AC but not Auto headlight or Auto wiper nor GPS.

2) I feel this is not the sensor for Auto headlights as even scorpio has Auto headlights but it has no sensor like this on the dash (it has not got Auto AC).

Sunlight/solar sensors are essential in cars with Auto AC as the system needs to know the external temperature & thus adjust the optimum set temperature inside the cabin.

I could not find any worthwhile links, but here are some -

Audi Worldwide > advice > Glossary > Automatic air conditioning

http://www.epcos.com/web/generator/W...motive_AN1.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
What is the feature auto headlamps? Night time auto switch on of headlamps?
ScorpWarp has answered it precisely -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
I read a doubt about headlight sensors in one of the posts. I think it would be similar to auto headlights in Scorpio. The lights come on automatically and switch off depending on outside light condition. It does work - have been using it for 2 years now (touch wood) and yes, there is switch to turn it off.

Quote:
Actually Silhouette that's pretty much a dummy sensor in the Beat with no real function.

If as you say it's the sunlight sensor then where is the auto headlamp light sensor?

I've personally tested that dome shaped sensor in my Altis and have confirmed that it's the light sensor. My Altis has climate control and auto headlamps but no sunlight sensor for the climate control.
see, it maybe right for your Altis. But Mahindra designs can be different, no?

as i said, scorpio does not have that sensor on it's dash, still it has Auto headlamps. Sensors for Auto wiper & Auto headlight in the scorpio is on top of it's windscreen, where the IRVM is mounted. I assume it would be similar in XUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
XUV, they call GLOBAL SUV right?, TPMS is mandatory in certain countries. US since 2009 model year. In EU, starting 2012, all new models of passenger cars must be equipped with a TPMS Korea is next followed by Japan

Direct TPMS equipped tires cost slightly more to buy and maintain than non-equipped tires because proper care requires extra parts and labor. The valve service kit, which includes the valve core, cap, nut and o-ring (seal), must always be replaced when a tire is dismounted for service or replacement. A special TPMS tool and additional time are also needed to check and reset the sensor system. In the event pressure sensors need to be replaced, the cost varies depending on vehicle type. (courtesy firestone)

Our road side tire shop are equipped with all these? If not, probably first thing they do is disable this feature to avoid the annoying warning message on dashboard.
Scorpio VLX has this same feature. There is no such thing necessary in the TPMS.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 4th October 2011 at 10:39.
Old 4th October 2011, 10:40   #2586
Senior - BHPian

^^ In Altis there are two such sensors on dash very close to windshield and they say these are for auto Headlight level. Lower variants have the manual knob to set headlight beam level.. HTH..
Old 4th October 2011, 10:49   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
This feature is available even in a Scorpio VLX . Nothing new about it . !!!!!
Thanks for educating me.

Blame it on the motoroids guy who did the review, I assumed that he must well versed with these things...
Old 4th October 2011, 10:58   #2588

@raj_5004 That's precise !

Quote:

If as you say it's the sunlight sensor then where is the auto headlamp light sensor?....
after some research and few phone calls i found out that In mahindra scorpio and Xuv 500 you will find auto headlamp and rain sensor just behind the IRVM mounting. check scorpio images carefully... BCP has got some opening near inner mirror mounting. Thats where this sensor (auto lamp and rain) is fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-scorpio.jpg  

Old 4th October 2011, 11:03   #2589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Scorpio VLX has this same feature. There is no such thing necessary in the TPMS.
It is not Direct TPMS then. Indirect TPMS uses the Antilock Braking System (ABS) to gauge tire pressure by measuring the difference in diameter of each tire by counting the rotations. It is not very accurate and also depends on the tread and wear and tear of each tyre. You need to make sure all tyres worn out equally by frequent tyre rotation and need to be replaced at the same time
Old 4th October 2011, 11:18   #2590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
It is not Direct TPMS then. Indirect TPMS uses the Antilock Braking System (ABS) to gauge tire pressure by measuring the difference in diameter of each tire by counting the rotations. It is not very accurate and also depends on the tread and wear and tear of each tyre. You need to make sure all tyres worn out equally by frequent tyre rotation and need to be replaced at the same time
Each tyre in the scorpio has a sensor which is attached to a ring like thing which in turn is fixed on to the wheel. this ring can be transferred to a new wheel if you are changing your alloy or something.

so i think it should be a "direct" TPMS.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:21   #2591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
You bet. A colleague of mine had booked a Scorpio VLX 4WD more than a month back but the delivery kept getting delayed for one reason or the other. He had been following the XUV launch pretty closely and was at the showroom for a TD the day it was available. Guess what - as soon as he was done with the TD, he canceled the booking for the Scorp and booked a W8 AWD instead, despite having to shell out another 1.5 lakh or so. I am not surprised that the dealer obliged without an iota of resistance

P.S. - Waiting period as committed to him is 8 weeks.
One bit of caution here knowing the car companies before jumping on board immediately, it will be prudent to wait for 6-8 monts and there is a chance that an upgraded model with some additional nick nacks is launched after the initial customer feedback.

I had the same experience when I brought my VLX in Sep 2008, In Feb / Mar '09 the Mighty Muscular Scorpio gat launched at a lower price
Old 4th October 2011, 11:36   #2592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today afternoon, the sales executive from Global Gallarie (Mahindra dealer, Thane) called me to enquire about my visit few days back to check out the XUV500.

They initially asked me about my experience at the showroom, whether I was offered a test drive or not & whether I had a good look at the vehicle. Secondly, they wanted to know my opinion regarding the vehicle & any suggestions I had in mind.

Finally, they offered me a half an hour "exclusive" slot (as they call it, wherein every customer is alloted a timeframe of half an hour to test drive the XUV). I refused, since I was not planning to buy the vehicle before March 2012. Still, they insisted that I drive the car even if I am not buying it now(strange but good!). I have asked for a test drive slot for 15th or 16th Oct, they promised they will get back to me in this regard. Lets see how it turns up.

What I liked is, inspite of clearly informing them that I am not going for the vehicle in the near future, they were still insisting that I should atleast have a TD. Looks like Mahindra is really aggressive this time.
This is one good thing about M&M, I was offered a similar TD when the Xylo was launched (few months after I bought the Scorpio) and have got a similar offer for XUV, even though I don't have plans to change till mid 2012
Old 4th October 2011, 11:36   #2593
BHPian

Mahindra XUV - When is the Team BHP review out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi All,

Sharing this very detailed coverage which I found on Motoroids, explaining the various features, with Pics.

Mahindra XUV500: All the features explained through pics
  • The review done by Motoroid more or less copies the way Team BHP does the review .
  • Team BHP covers the Nook and corner of every car
  • So its worth waiting for it . But this time every magazine , news paper is covering XUV so much (reviews ,videos , detailed photo reviews , we want to hear from the Mecca of Team BHP - GTO talking about it .
  • With a long weekend coming up in India for Dassara , all will have ample time to read the review , then go for a test drive and decide what to do .
  • A piece of advise for the review : We have been reading the team BHP reviews . Its time we have You tube videos explaining .
  • One photograph is worth 1000 words according to the old saying
Old 4th October 2011, 11:40   #2594
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV - When is the Team BHP review out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
  • The review done by Motoroid more or less copies the way Team BHP does the review .
  • Team BHP covers the Nook and corner of every car
  • So its worth waiting for it . But this time every magazine , news paper is covering XUV so much (reviews ,videos , detailed photo reviews , we want to hear from the Mecca of Team BHP - GTO talking about it .
  • With a long weekend coming up in India for Dassara , all will have ample time to read the review , then go for a test drive and decide what to do .
  • A piece of advise for the review : We have been reading the team BHP reviews . Its time we have You tube videos explaining .
  • One photograph is worth 1000 words according to the old saying
Yes, eagerly waiting the TBHP review.. the wait is killing!
Anyway, a friend of mine has booked the XUV W6 in silver and let's see when he gets it. Will also post our initial review as soon as he gets the delivery.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 4th October 2011, 11:43   #2595
BHPian

Hope Team BHP review is out before the first user review .

I wanted to correct one thing in my above thread. Its not the photograph , but a video shoot age which should help us to understand things better .

Hope GTO and team are listing to our feedback
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks