Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 10:32   #2641
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I guess the parcel tray is available as an optional fitment. Mahindra has even provided grooves to fit the parcel tray in the boot.
If this parcel tray extends all the way to the 2nd row of seats, then that would certainly solve the problem! I think I did see some pictures somewhere showing the mentioned 'groove', but I could not figure out where the other end of the tray would sit...
Old 5th October 2011, 10:43   #2642
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

While we all eagerly await the detailed Team-BHP review, must do something to pass the killing wait.

Here are some interior trim pics.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070927.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070940.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070954.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070956.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070961.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070928.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070939.jpg

Interior plastic quality? Hmmm, to each his own

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070958.jpg

I tried sounding the column and the door panel and actually recorded small videos of the sounding. Not putting it here, will need to trim them for upload Will be interesting to hear what the reviewers have to say about these things.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070959.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070960.jpg

No TD for me still, although would much like to lay my hands on it asap, hoping will get it soon.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:50   #2643
BHPian

Booked the silver W8 :)

Booking is 50k.
In ur friends case 10+40 & if u pay by card, 10k first followed by 40k by the next day.

I saw the car on Sun morn, drove it, was not too impressed but still booked a silver W8

My opinions . . .

No car / suv below 20 lac will check all the boxes !

The 140 bhp engine did not seem half as exciting as the 140 bhp cruze - I'm sure we will soon have a chip to make up for that.

Brakes not too good, but enough for the power it generates. Once the chip goes in, it will be time to upgrade the brakes too !

Too much engine noise in the cabin - will put sound dampners

Did not like the alloys - will sell to a W6 buyer and buy new ones

The lid on top of the centre console is too shiny. I almost thought that smoke was coming out of the bonet during the TD . . it was actually the reflection of the trees lining the road !! - I'll put a matt sticker (the one that u get for making glass look frosted) and wear polarised glasses to reduce the glare.

The laptop space will only fit small laptops and is quite useful for guys like me who have to carry a laptop bag only because there is no place to keep the lappy otherwise. I'll probably put a rubber lining to cushion it further.

If the gadgetry is flimsy and does not last long, replace it ! How expensive would that be by Mahindra standards ?!

Agreed it is big, but then this is not intended to be an option for those considering a nano / alto !
My options were cruze / civic / altis / laura. Comparing with these, the footprint is almost the same, its loaded with much more gizmos / safety features, better average, would be cheaper to buy and maintain and probably have a better resale ! Besides it would double up as a family / friend / luggage carrier during long trips and picnics, that I do often.

I actually went to book the red, but the actual color is nowhere close to the pic on the brochure. Would have loved a bright red !!

For those complaining about the seat comfort / space / absence of sliding rails etc - change the seats to ur liking / put captain seats. How expensive can that be ?!

I think it is good time to buy mahindra stocks

PS: Really wonder why the TBHP review is taking so long ??
Old 5th October 2011, 10:57   #2644
BHPian

i called Mahindra customer care to clarify something colors.

Q1.- Hi, is moondust silver available in w8 2wd?
A1: All colors are available in w8 2wd.

Q2: Are you sure, as i got to know from some dealer that silver and red are not available in w8 2wd?
She placed my call on hold.
A2: All 7 colors are available in w8 2wd.

Q3: what are different color combination are available?
A2: Two tone - black and walnut.

Q4: nope, i mean there are 2 different interior colors one is black with walnut and another is beige with walnut. So which interior color xuv have with which interior color?
she got confused here.
A4: Sir, what i can see here on machine is 2 tone interior.
And while making booking please write down your preference we will customize it. [she was very very confused her]

I don't think this can be true that they will customize each as per customer need.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:58   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
While we all eagerly await the detailed Team-BHP review, must do something to pass the killing wait.
@Parsh - How much is the boot space with the rear seat not folded? I saw one of the snaps in this thread and think not even a suitcase would fit in? Is my understanding correct?
Old 5th October 2011, 11:01   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Thats what i was told when i had visited the Delhi dealership over the weekend and inquired about it.

Quote:
^^ Isn't the booking amount 40k? My friend who converted his Scorpio order to XUV was told to make booking amt to 40k whereas he had made 10k for Scorpio.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:07   #2647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Parsh - How much is the boot space with the rear seat not folded? I saw one of the snaps in this thread and think not even a suitcase would fit in? Is my understanding correct?
Yes, bootspace with 3rd row up is negligible and you would not be able to put even the smallest of suitcases! Only thing which would fit is 2/3 laptop bags!

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 11:13   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
All in all a great attempt by M & M. Leaps and bounds ahead of the Scorpio in terms of interiors and quality. I'm not sure how long the interiors would hold up, the gadgets continue to work?! Only time and the ownership reviews on Tbhp will tell.
The Scorpio interiors & gizmos have held up well in the last 3 years of my ownership of the VLX, so I am sure XUV should not have issue on this front since those have been well experimented & time tested with the Scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@teamveevee:

This is not true mate. Scorpio has a sensor on each wheel. When you do a tire rotation, the sensor now needs to know which sensor is located where. You do this by putting the TPMS into learning mode and deflating each tire little bit. Hence the TPMS understands which sensor is Front Left, Front Right, Rear right etc after a tire rotation.

The Scorpio TPMS is not connected to the ABS system at all...

Just out of curiosity, where did you even get this information from?
Absolutely correct, with tyre rotation / change the TPMS has to be changed to sense the new position.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:17   #2649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
If this parcel tray extends all the way to the 2nd row of seats, then that would certainly solve the problem! I think I did see some pictures somewhere showing the mentioned 'groove', but I could not figure out where the other end of the tray would sit...
Check out this groove, i think the other end sits here -
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070928.jpg  

Old 5th October 2011, 11:22   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
I was told the opposite. I had to pay up 40K for the booking to be "confirmed" with Mahindra. 10K for booking to be "confirmed" with dealer..whatever that means. I haven't received any email or call since booking on Saturday.

When did you book and how many days after did you receive the email from Mahindra? Do you see a tentative delivery date on the portal?
I was told the same and have paid up today rest 30k by cheque
The guy seems friendly and ok to trust.

there is no other way of keeping lead in the mad rush of bookings
Old 5th October 2011, 11:24   #2651
Distinguished - BHPian

To me the interior color combination is going too well. What was Mahindra thinking when they decided to provide this combo. Black Biege, Black and Grey would have made the interior look way better (read not the quality, just the looks of it)
Old 5th October 2011, 11:36   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Re: Booked the silver W8 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes, bootspace with 3rd row up is negligible and you would not be able to put even the smallest of suitcases! Only thing which would fit is 2/3 laptop bags!

Regards,
Behemoth
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070937.jpg

Behemoth rightly pointed out. Its quite dismal and hardly space for couple of laptop bags at best. You will observe the depth of the Boot with the hand kept on the boot space half-way. Even a single suitcase will be too much to expect. There may have been a space for a thin suitcase but the rear pillar curves in and touches the reclining 3rd row seats. So that makes it complete no-no. But I doubt, if my Targus laptop backpack will also fit in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
Booking is 50k.
In ur friends case 10+40 & if u pay by card, 10k first followed by 40k by the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thats what i was told when i had visited the Delhi dealership over the weekend and inquired about it.
Maybe, need to cross-check with my friend on what happened to the 10k Scorpio booking amount, if it is going to be refunded or if indeed the booking amount is taken as 40+10=50k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
PS: Really wonder why the TBHP review is taking so long ??
Trust GTO and the gang, I am sure they are doing a thouroughly thourough review in and out for this shocker of a great VFM product from M&M, and this one calls for a really in-depth one.
parsh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 11:43   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Behemoth rightly pointed out. Its quite dismal and hardly space for couple of laptop bags at best. You will observe the depth of the Boot with the hand kept on the boot space half-way. Even a single suitcase will be too much to expect.
Isnt that what those roof rails are meant for? The display piece in Silver Jubilee motors Pune was mounted with a roof carrier

I do understand it is more convenient to be able to load luggage in the boot, but with so much else on offer, it may be better to sacrifice the third row for some awesome boot space.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:53   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Isnt that what those roof rails are meant for? The display piece in Silver Jubilee motors Pune was mounted with a roof carrier
Hmmm, it depends if you like to put up the luggage on top racks. They are showcasing those roof carriers also with the rest of the additional accessories here too. I like my luggage zipped in boot.

Quote:
I do understand it is more convenient to be able to load luggage in the boot, but with so much else on offer, it may be better to sacrifice the third row for some awesome boot space.
Yes, it is more convenient and feels good to have boot to load luggage instead of top. It really depends upon what one wishes to sacrifice in view of the features. I am of the opinion, if the basics of the car and quality are right and I can live with it decently niggle-free in its lifetime AND if it is literally never likely to stall me on road (the worst and this is the last thing I want to see my car doing to me), I would sacrifice few non-critical aspects but not on account of the features on offer.

Last edited by parsh : 5th October 2011 at 11:56.
parsh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 11:54   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

That's true that you can mount your luggage on the roof carrier, but it is very vulnerable there - both to weather and risk of theft. I would have also preferred if there were at least some space behind the third row to keep at least your valuables and stuff which can get damaged by weather!
The other way to look at it is that you can consider the XUV as a good 5 seater for holidays with decent bootspace (3rd row folded) and a short city drive vehicle as a 5 + 2 kids seater. For small families, it will fit the bill perfectly, but with larger families (6 / 7 adults) it may not fit the bill - maybe a Xylo/ Scorpio might be a better option (only from space perspective).

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks