Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 12:16   #2656
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I respect your view mate. Every person has his own definition for PRACTICALITY.

But since you are putting down your hard earned money, let me tell you one thing. F1 may be more roomier and luxurious, but with the same money you will get XUV which is more safer (ABS, Airbags, ESP, etc.,)
Well, yes, you are right. XUV certainly is a safer vehicle with all those aspects. And the best part is that even the lowest end version comes with all these features as standard. It's not like the other vehicles in the market which seem to say that if you can pay more then your life can be (relatively) safer on our roads!

I plan to test drive the F1 soon. Let's see how that goes. Somehow I just loved the space and spaciousness of the F1. It was just awesome. Not sure when I can TD the XUV. I'm sure they will soon have a 3 months waiting period just for the test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post

I saw the car on Sun morn, drove it, was not too impressed but still booked a silver W8
Oh boy! M&M have hit a jackpot with this SUV. I'm sure they will love to read the above statement.

Last edited by ptushar : 5th October 2011 at 12:36. Reason: Grammar correction + Added a quote
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 12:49   #2657
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

CarDekho.com's Road Test of XUV 500
MAHINDRA XUV 5OO- Road Test | MAHINDRA XUV 5OO- First Drive | CarDekho.com
Old 5th October 2011, 12:57   #2658
BHPian

Finally after lot of brainstorming & discussion with automobile experts I had booked the XUV 500 w8 AWD white color.

Since there is lot confusion about the color & interiors I thought of putting up the details.

One more thing as an introductory offer Mahindra is offering an unlimited mileage warranty for 3 years, this shows their confidence in this product.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-xuv-colors.jpg

Cheers!

Alok
Crazy4Power is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 13:03   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Check out this groove, i think the other end sits here -
Hmmm...I guess that is quite possible. I wonder if they have any brochures showing the parcel tray in place.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:12   #2660
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is a very good plus point indeed!
Whats the price being charged for the 3 year warranty if at all?
Is there an extended warranty being offered too?

at last count my pal in the dealership didnt have the info ready at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
One more thing as an introductory offer Mahindra is offering an unlimited mileage warranty for 3 years, this shows their confidence in this product.

Attachment 821545

Cheers!

Alok
i had posted a complete list of the accessories from their special accessories brochure which I obtained last Friday.
however, there is no mention of the rear parcel tray (roller type or static) at all in that brochure.
Indeed I had suggested this to them when I was invited to see this vehicle in May, but perhaps this is still work in progress at their end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Hmmm...I guess that is quite possible. I wonder if they have any brochures showing the parcel tray in place.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th October 2011 at 13:27. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:17   #2661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Finally after lot of brainstorming & discussion with automobile experts I had booked the XUV 500 w8 AWD white color.

Since there is lot confusion about the color & interiors I thought of putting up the details.

Attachment 821545

Cheers!

Alok
WOW! 3 yrs unlimited kms warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
I have the brochure but sadly accessories are not shown.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:34   #2662
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

there is a separate open type roof carrier that can be mounted on top of the vehicle, on the roof rails provided.
however, it would generally be better to buy a Thule type closed roof box rather than carry luggage on the open roof carrier.
But best would be to put that last 2 seats down and carry as much luggage as you want by placing it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Isnt that what those roof rails are meant for? The display piece in Silver Jubilee motors Pune was mounted with a roof carrier

I do understand it is more convenient to be able to load luggage in the boot, but with so much else on offer, it may be better to sacrifice the third row for some awesome boot space.
Yes M&M should have had an option for their own XUV branded closed roof box similar to the Thule ones. Im sure they will stump it up soon though!

And yes the 3rd row seats are 50:50 split foldable and they fold flat on the floor.
With the 3rd row folded flat, it liberates a good solid amount of luggage space while effectively rendering the vehicle a comfy 5 seater.

Perhaps later they may come up with another option of seating- 4 captain seats with humongous luggage space!! Such an option being available could create the perfect and comfy bling wagon for comfort and space loving small families, top execs, politicos, celebs and so on!!

Quote:
I could not agree more. If I ever buy this vehicle, most of the usage will be with the 3rd row seats down. Which brings up another question - does that 3rd row offer split seats?

In fact IIRC, the display vehicle could have had a closed roof box. Not sure as I was busy drooling at/ around the vehicle itself

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th October 2011 at 13:54. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 13:43   #2663
Senior - BHPian

Re: Booked the silver W8 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
there is a separate open type roof carrier that can be mounted on top of the vehicle, on the roof rails provided.
however, it would generally be better to buy a Thule type closed roof box rather than carry luggage on the open roof carrier.
But best would be to put that last 2 seats down and carry as much luggage as you want by placing it there!
I could not agree more. If I ever buy this vehicle, most of the usage will be with the 3rd row seats down. Which brings up another question - does that 3rd row offer split seats?

In fact IIRC, the display vehicle could have had a closed roof box. Not sure as I was busy drooling at/ around the vehicle itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Perhaps later they may come up with another option of seating- 4 captain seats with humongous luggage space!! Such an option being available could create the perfect and comfy bling wagon for comfort and space loving small families, top execs, politicos, celebs and so on!!
That would be fabulous! Not sure if the second row has reclining seats (makes me wonder what I did in the showroom, though I was there for only a few mins). If not, the revised captain seat version can add that too. Perhaps with the third row completely gone, there would be some more space. Though when folded flat, the space seemed quite a bit

Last edited by selfdrive : 5th October 2011 at 13:59.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:50   #2664
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Booked the silver W8 :)

Quote:
If I ever buy this vehicle, most of the usage will be with the 3rd row seats down. Which brings up another question - does that 3rd row offer split seats?
If this is a question about the 3rd row split seat, YES - the 3rd has split seats !

And I love the portion about warranty too. But it would be nice for them to provide a 2+2 additional warranty as well.
Old 5th October 2011, 14:51   #2665
BHPian

Just heard from Sireesh Auto that there is a cancellation fee of 10k on Green and Purple and 1k on other colours.

Deliveries to start from 15th of Oct and they have about 180 bookings so far. If sireesh has 180, India Garage should have crossed 250 or 300.

The waiting time quoted for people booking now is about 75 days and there is no price guarantee. Price of the car will be whatever is applicable during delivery.
Old 5th October 2011, 15:00   #2666
BHPian

Can anyone put some light on AWD technology used in XUV 500, as I understand it is "Interactive Torque Management(TM) System". My query is whether it is by BorgWarner if yes then which series out of ITM I, ITM II, ITM 3e(TM) ?

thanks!
Old 5th October 2011, 15:02   #2667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Just heard from Sireesh Auto that there is a cancellation fee of 10k on Green and Purple and 1k on other colours.

Deliveries to start from 15th of Oct and they have about 180 bookings so far. If sireesh has 180, India Garage should have crossed 250 or 300.

The waiting time quoted for people booking now is about 75 days and there is no price guarantee. Price of the car will be whatever is applicable during delivery.

Mahindra not confident of the booking hype?
May be Mahindra / Dealer place the Cancellation fee term which IMHO is to discourage people who changes the mind after the initial Euphoria is exhausted.

Any other car maker has cancellation fee term

If No guarantee for those who desided on the basis of Mahindra's Introductory price vis- a -vis features and these people who trusted Mahindra (Guinea pigs) for the first Lot of XUV are not assured on prices, now think of guarantee on the introductory Unlimited mileage warranty
Old 5th October 2011, 15:07   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Mahindra not confident of the booking hype?
May be Mahindra / Dealer place the Cancellation fee term which IMHO is to discourage people who changes the mind after the initial Euphoria is exhausted.

Any other car maker has cancellation fee term
I think there can be another explanation for this. Green and purple are not fast moving colours and a cancellation will probably require a repaint hence 10k, while the other colors can be diverted to other customers hence just 1k.
Old 5th October 2011, 15:27   #2669
BHPian

I went to Koncept Automobiles in Noida yesterday (Yes, they spell it with a K) and was aghast to see such a huge crowd. It was almost like some film star had arrived at the scene! The road leading to the showroom was a choc a bloc with cars of visitors parked outside. Couldnt find one sales man to attend to a few queries as they were all running around here and there with order booking forms in hands! I had a quick glance at an XUV, had some ten minutes with me. I think I agree with most people who have been following this SUV for a long time, the looks are a dampener vis-a-vis the pictures floating on the net but it makes up for all this and more, courtesy the most aggressive of a price Mahindra has declared for it. And yes, it does look better in flesh than in pictures. I took a close look at the lights at the rear and found that they most definitely would be chinese. Not to say that I dont trust the Chinese wares, just mentioning a point here- The lights were embossed with a picture depicting two dragons mating or something akin, but the macro look was definitely Chinese. Have a look at the pics I took. Would it affect the longevity of the various contraptions they have introduced in the system, low in cost and low in quality as they may be?
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-1.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-2.jpg  

Old 5th October 2011, 15:40   #2670
Senior - BHPian

The design you are talking about is the "Savana" theme. I dont know whose idea is this though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks