Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 15:52   #2671
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
...The lights were embossed with a picture depicting two dragons mating or something akin...

Sorry, but this was just too funny to go without an appreciative comment!
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:12   #2672
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Hey Thanks, I am a newbie here but hope to add some cheer to the forum with some regular dose of humour. forgot to add the smiley in the line you quoted. That makes it all the more funny perhaps! Cheers!
Old 5th October 2011, 16:13   #2673
BHPian

Had booked a AWD w8 white xuv.just got a call that the AWD model will be available only after Dec;
The dealer is ready to give w8 fwd by october end,wat say guys??

I am never going to use this for off roading?
What should I do guys?+I will be saving 1lac on fwd as well.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:19   #2674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Had booked a AWD w8 white xuv.just got a call that the AWD model will be available only after Dec;

Take it! You will be one of the few lucky guys to get the delivery very fast. If you ask me, we will hardly ever use the AWD capability! (Haven't used the one in my Yeti since the past one year. Soft roaders anyway can't do too much offroading anyway.)
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:26   #2675
BHPian

Quote:

I think you have answered your own question. With high GC, you will be able to navigate over rough and non-existent roads. If you do not have any plans to go off-roading it is better to take the lower version and save the lac. FWD version will be lighter than the AWD one (even though weight comparison is not mentioned in the brochures) giving you better performance and better FE.
cediafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:28   #2676
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Take it! You will be one of the few lucky guys to get the delivery very fast. If you ask me, we will hardly ever use the AWD capability! (Haven't used the one in my Yeti since the past one year. Soft roaders anyway can't do too much offroading anyway.)
On the other hand it could be a tactic by the dealer to meet his Oct numbers. I would suggest to use your booking reference number and check with MRC directly to be on the safe side.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:30   #2677
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday a colleague booked the 2wd W8 here in Bangalore at my recommendation. He is stretching his budget and initially had thought of the W6. However the additional features of the W8 and safety package swayed him. Dealer has quoted 15.1L OTR, but I don't know the estimated delivery date. Since there is no TBHP review, and I am the official recommender when it comes to cars in office (based on TBHP reviews), I had to call it on my own, and decided that it would be better that he go in for an all new product from Mahindra than a semi new product from Tata - because he was initially thinking of waiting for the Merlin.

His usage is going to be mainly highway runs, he wasn't interested in the Innova or other MUVs, and would be travelling fast over not so good roads. Now that Mahindra has sorted out the bounciness and handling issues, the XUV is well recommended, IMHO.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:38   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are you keen on getting the AWD?

It is not that one uses 4X4 or SUV capabilities of SUVs daily, mostly it will be normal highways at best other than the city drives. It is going to be once in a while if you are enthusiast and wish to do that sort of stuff. But when you ever need that SUV capability, even if it is say 1%, you will not have that capability in your hand.

So make up your mind whether you really want AWD.

If you are not keen at all but if want get it if possible, try this (commpletely hypothetical): Try having dialogue with dealer if he can make the booking to W8 for delivery by Oct but if the perspective of getting W8 AWD changes to make it available even by Nov mid to end, to keep you updated and shift it to W8 AWD asap. Maybe it is possible to deal in this way, I am not sure. Lekin Poochne Mein Kya Jaata hain? If you are one of the first ones, there shouldnt be issue honoring your request. And I am sure if at all you shift from W8 to W8 AWD there will be takers for your cancelled W8 at the dealership.

Last edited by parsh : 5th October 2011 at 16:40.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:54   #2679
BHPian

Thank you all.Went ahead with the 2wd w8.Delivery promised before 30th OCT.I think the Fuel economy of the 2wd will much better than the 4wd.
I went ahead for one basic reason,the ASM at m&m said that AWD production has not started as of yet ,it will take 2 months and the deliveries will be starting only after 1st week of January.

I believe by then already the price will go up by atleast 50K.

Instead will book a VIP number and add some genuine accesories with the lakh ruppee which I save on it.
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 17:24   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead will book a VIP number and add some genuine accesories with the lakh ruppee which I save on it.
Or 100000 rs / 50 rs/l = 2000 l => X 10 kpl = 20000km run advantage.
Or even stock that much diesel for the year to save from the rising prices and get additional Rs advantage. Just a bit OT

Good choice.
Old 5th October 2011, 17:25   #2681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all.Went ahead with the 2wd w8.Delivery promised before 30th OCT.I think the Fuel economy of the 2wd will much better than the 4wd.
It will be better, but not much ! May be 1 kmpl more, that's it !

Quote:
I believe by then already the price will go up by atleast 50K.

Instead will book a VIP number and add some genuine accessories with the lakh rupee which I save on it.
Sensible choice I would say ! You stand to get the product early & a substantial savings too !
Old 5th October 2011, 17:43   #2682
Senior - BHPian

Speaker Placement

Generally speaker position are observed to be kept lowly towards the feet so that the sound does not directly travel to ears. I think this also helps to create a good sound ambience.

What will be the effect of these placements in XUV? The speakers here are placed a little below the window level but much higher than the ground and seem to be coming up at a level little above the waist of the person sitting.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070902.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-p1070920.jpg
Old 5th October 2011, 18:27   #2683
BHPian

@Alok, thanks for sharing that table Alok. That was very useful. I don't understand why the top end has *less* color choices. Mahindra quirkiness I suppose...
Old 5th October 2011, 19:40   #2684
BHPian

I had booked the W6 on 30th sept.

Got a confirmation mail on booking where one can track the status of the booking.

It mentions the delivery date as 2nd November.

Clean system by M&M, takes away all issues of wrong commitment and biased dealings by the dealerships.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:42   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure of the W8. But the 4 weeks delivery seem to be the norm. Dont think dealer has any say in the delivery time line. As mentioned, i booked a W6 on 30th sept, delivery is expected on 2nd nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I have the brochure but sadly accessories are not shown.
Raj, They have a separate brochure for accessories. But they don't have the price list yet !

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2011 at 14:17. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks