Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 13:51   #2776
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Would Mahindra be able to advertise like this for XUV500 projecting its capabilities like they have done for Scorp this way, in this ad?

Old 7th October 2011, 13:55   #2777
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Havent got the call yet... Wait is still on.. Gave the cheque on 1st Oct...Dont know why it is taking so long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Oh ok i guessed it. Well even i haven't received any call from them. Sales guy said that you will get the call in 48 hours. Infact to i got the message alert that my 40K check has been cleared so i am hoping that they would be calling me now soon.
I don't mind the wait as i want the car in Jan if possible. By that time i would have the option to go from canteen as well.
Old 7th October 2011, 14:14   #2778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you, Rudra.

@ Bajwasingh : If you want to read a review written in a hurry, you are in the wrong place. Our reviews are, without doubt, the most detailed, comprehensive and unbiased. Remember, quality takes time. We are fanatical about the value of our output.

Yes, we did drive the XUV5OO last week for a couple of laps on Mahindra's test track. For a Team-BHP review, 5 kms of test-track driving isn't enough. That's why we've spent ~400 kms with the SUV in the city, highway, expressway, rough roads, broken roads and ghat sections. We've also driven it alone, with 2 onboard and with 5 passengers onboard.

We'd never release a half-baked review a week early, just to be "the first release" on the net. Sorry, that's just not Team-BHP's style. We take time and hopefully you will agree, do it well

Please be patient.
The only reason for me to be so interested in joining TeamBHP was the truthfulness and honesty that TeamBHP stands for.I simply love the righteousness.Way to go TeamBHP \m/.I've not seen this beast in flesh and dont have hopes for the same in near future as the launch dates are not known to anyone here. I'm also eagerly waiting for the review and i'll wait for,maybe the most comprehensive review of XUV5OO.

XUV5OO pic from Raul's post,Maximo from The Hindu.

I was just wondering,tail lights inspired by Maximo to some extent(free flowing lines)?
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-maximo.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 7th October 2011 at 14:44. Reason: Pics credits.
Old 7th October 2011, 14:20   #2779
BHPian

I was planning to buy the new verna and replacing my 3 year old vista. Now I have booked the xuv and will replace my 6 year old innova instead. Since I reside in Amritsar, I did not even have a look at the yet. My cousin booked it for me in gurgaon. Now waiting to team bhp review so that I can be rest assured of my decision.
Old 7th October 2011, 14:31   #2780

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
benbsb,
Does that mean that my booking has not yet been confirmed by Mahindra as its already over 6 days that I given the initial booking amount ???
Now I'm getting a bit jittery on whether the dealer indeed did place my order whilst accepting 10k as initial booking amount or did he wait till I gave him the balance 30k? Anyway I can find the actual status , any phone numbers,email id's ?
regards
Sid

P.S. - GTO & moderators , whilst I appreciate your viewpoint on the time needed to check the vehicle out completely, unless I read the review, dont think I will have a 100% conviction buying this SUV
hi Sid,

This weird thing happened to me: I booked on 1st Oct the W6 variant and later called the dealer on 02nd OCt and changed it W8 variant. But the dealer entered the order only on the 03rd Oct and I got the delivery confirmation for Jan 2012!. So better check with the dealer whether they have actually punched in the order.

I was kind of promised by the dealer that the delivery will happen in 4- 6weeks while booking. Well looks like a lesson learnt for me.

BTW, will Mahindra increase the prices from 2012? Can people here give their expert advise. ?

Regards
Sij
Old 7th October 2011, 15:02   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's why we've spent ~400 kms with the SUV in the city, highway, expressway, rough roads, broken roads and ghat sections. We've also driven it alone, with 2 onboard and with 5 passengers onboard.

Please be patient.
That is what exactly I was expecting from the review. Even I was planning to put slimier points as suggestion for the XUV 500 team-bhp review, but you know very well how to review a SUV which is made for India and where this SUV is going to be used and what users are expecting from this SUV.

I am waiting patiently
Old 7th October 2011, 15:34   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijesh View Post
hi Sid,

This weird thing happened to me: I booked on 1st Oct the W6 variant and later called the dealer on 02nd OCt and changed it W8 variant. But the dealer entered the order only on the 03rd Oct and I got the delivery confirmation for Jan 2012!. So better check with the dealer whether they have actually punched in the order.

I was kind of promised by the dealer that the delivery will happen in 4- 6weeks while booking. Well looks like a lesson learnt for me.

BTW, will Mahindra increase the prices from 2012? Can people here give their expert advise. ?

Regards
Sij
Sij,

Same here mate, I booked on 2nd Oct the W8 Silver color and later called the dealer on 04th Oct and changed it to white and problem started, neither i got mail or nor call and seeing your date Jan 2012 i dont have any hope i will get XUV in 4-6 weeks.
Old 7th October 2011, 15:51   #2783
BHPian

@Sijesh,

I was told by the sales guy in the showroom that they've been asked to say 6-8 week as the standard answer though the actual date may be sooner or later. Since you've got the Jan 2012 date, that's probably a likely date of all the other buyers as well.

As for your question about a possible price hike in 2012, who knows, but I personally feel that M&M has priced these cars just right. There may be some scope for the price to go up, but considering the below par internal fit and finish of the car, they'll probably hurt their market by hiking the price too much. Although the XUV is in a segment all by itself, a lot of its sales will be from displacement of other cars outside of its segment. So too much of a hike will hurt M&M. We know what happened to the Aria, don't we?

Also, a Jan 2012 date is not all that bad. You will get an opportunity to read ownership experiences of those before you and some longer term reviews of the XUV as well.

Quote:
hi Sid,

Regards
Sij
Old 7th October 2011, 16:10   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
benbsb,
Does that mean that my booking has not yet been confirmed by Mahindra as its already over 6 days that I given the initial booking amount ???
Now I'm getting a bit jittery on whether the dealer indeed did place my order whilst accepting 10k as initial booking amount or did he wait till I gave him the balance 30k? Anyway I can find the actual status , any phone numbers,email id's ?
regards
Sid
Sid, As im told, the booking is not accepted by M&M unless the initial booking amount of 50k is paid. I paid 10k initially, but was asked by the dealer to make 40k more, and then i got the booking confirmation from M&M. Pls do check with your dealer.

Just heard : Bangalore first delivery is happening tomorrow.

Last edited by mannubhai : 7th October 2011 at 16:37. Reason: Just got the news.... spello
Old 7th October 2011, 16:26   #2785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Sij,

Same here mate, I booked on 2nd Oct the W8 Silver color and later called the dealer on 04th Oct and changed it to white and problem started, neither i got mail or nor call and seeing your date Jan 2012 i dont have any hope i will get XUV in 4-6 weeks.
Tushar,

don't worry , maybe you could the dates earlier. It all depends on the colour and variant one books. I asked for W8 silver, which seems like the most popular colour. The other one could be white, but not sure.

Well for all you know this could be a blessing in disguise as we will come to know more about the vehicle in a few months.
Old 7th October 2011, 17:11   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I was just wondering,tail lights inspired by Maximo to some extent(free flowing lines)?
The tail light design similarities might not be a intentional one though the tapering effect seems to be similar near the side rear quarters. However this may be a reflection of their group's design language for all their new offerings much like the toothed grille in all their current offerings.

Saw a vehicle getting ready for delivery today in front of Sireesh (a grey coloured one). Hope it was the first one to get in hands of a lucky one (at least in Blr). Also awaiting the comprehensive test drive from our very own TBHP as we would get to know clearly whats working for and against the new hulk.
Old 7th October 2011, 17:31   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic looking military green colour.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-302442_270368366330789_100000728839436_946126_358050403_n.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 18:07   #2788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Would Mahindra be able to advertise like this for XUV500 projecting its capabilities like they have done for Scorp this way, in this ad?
The ad is launched I believe. Haven't you guys seen it? Nop, its not in the desert this time. Its more with the jungle background!
Old 7th October 2011, 18:10   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The ad is launched I believe. Haven't you guys seen it? Nop, its not in the desert this time. Its more with the jungle background!
Here is the ad:

IMO, they could have used other colored vehicle instead of red
Old 7th October 2011, 18:10   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Tushar,

don't worry , maybe you could the dates earlier. It all depends on the colour and variant one books. I asked for W8 silver, which seems like the most popular colour. The other one could be white, but not sure.

Well for all you know this could be a blessing in disguise as we will come to know more about the vehicle in a few months.
Yes, we will get an opportunity to read ownership experiences from others and review from GTO. That's the only way I am trying to convince my self .

Last edited by aah78 : 16th May 2017 at 18:05. Reason: Typos. If you really meant "conceive" yourself, I shall change it back. :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks