Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 18:14   #2791
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The ad is launched I believe. Haven't you guys seen it? Nop, its not in the desert this time. Its more with the jungle background!
Thats the Cheetah inspiration ad which was earlier only Cheetah before launch and after launch, the Cheetah vanishing to give way for the XUV500. Yes thats the theme of the inpspiration.

I was trying to see if they would be able to project the XUV500 with Scorpio like abilities as in this ad. Surely, they would not want to put a foot wrong and stamp on Scoprio's market. But still will XUV500 AWD match up to these abilities given that it is more of a Cross-Over?

Anyway, lets see.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:37   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
i got know this from shiva auto, patparganj industrial area. i clarified this with sales representative twice. He told me if i will book black or white there will be Rs 1000/-, for any other color Rs 10,000
Then i guess every dealer has its own way of "looting" people. Sorry that was a bad PJ.
Well the Koncept auto in lagpat nagar is only charging 1000 irrespective of color.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:41   #2793
BHPian

Went to India Garage today on St. Marks Road, Bangalore and took a test drive of the XUV 5OO. Liked it and ended up booking the W8 2WD version, color Satin White. Delivery time is 17 weeks.

My impressions after the test drive;
1. The drive itself felt good. It was smooth. But cannot really comment much on all the capabilities as it was a short drive on MG Road.
2. The gear shift is an eye sore. They could have had a more slick design for this.
3. Plastics, as most of you have already pointed out, feels cheap when you touch them, but this is the compromise for the 12L i guess when you compare it with the Fortuner and other similar vehicles.
4. Only Radio, Bluetooth and GPS was working in the test drive vehicle. For all the gadgets not working, they had only one asnwer. Vehicle is low on battery !!! For Tyretronics, one person said the battery was down and another said it had to be activated. Not sure whom to believe :-)
5. I did not like the Black interiors. Loved the Walnut interiors. Only
colors available with the Walnut combination was the White and Black. Black color cars is something we don't buy in our family. Hence the choice of color for me was pretty simple. Otherwise, if you like Black interiors, the green and silver are great colors in my opinion.
6. The ICE and mood lighting have all red background lighting. Not sure why they chose this color. I would have personally preferred a more soothing color like blue.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:42   #2794
BHPian

Has anyone come across a first drive report or review of the xuv500 awd also has any bhpian who has booked the awd variant received the booking confirmation from M&M and delivery date?

Last edited by dockap : 7th October 2011 at 18:46.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:48   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
i got know this from shiva auto, patparganj industrial area. i clarified this with sales representative twice. He told me if i will book black or white there will be Rs 1000/-, for any other color Rs 10,000
The dealer never told me anything about a cancellatiion fee when I booked my vehicle today. Also, on the order form copy that I have, the Cancellation section does not talk anything about cancellation charges. I guess if they charge a cancellation fee without having given it in writing to us, then you could take them to the consumer courts for misleading you. Ask them to give it to you in writing if there is a cancellation charge. Submitting ourselves to their wills and demands will only encourage them to continue with such unhealthy practices. This is what the order form talks about cancellation ....

" In the event of cancellation of order by applicant at any time the Dealer will refund by PayOrder / DD the advance payment received within three working days from the date of Cancellation. No interest will be claimed by applicant or paid by Dealer on such refund".
Old 7th October 2011, 18:50   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Has anyone come across a first drive report or review of the xuv500 awd also has any bhpian who has booked the awd variant received the booking confirmation from M&M and delivery date?
when i booked by 2WD variant today, I also checked for the AWD variant. I was told that the bookings have been stopped for the AWD variant.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:51   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
. The ICE and mood lighting have all red background lighting. Not sure why they chose this color. I would have personally preferred a more soothing color like blue.
I think the color is inspired from the eyes of the cheetah
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-images.jpeg  

Old 7th October 2011, 18:57   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to India Garage today on St. Marks Road, Bangalore and took a test drive of the XUV 5OO. Liked it and ended up booking the W8 2WD version, color Satin White. Delivery time is 17 weeks.

My impressions after the test drive;
1. The drive itself felt good. It was smooth. But cannot really comment much on all the capabilities as it was a short drive on MG Road. - Given the M&M expertise the vehicle would be definately capable for city and soft roading, I would not suggest any serious offroading / river crossing etc.
2. The gear shift is an eye sore. They could have had a more slick design for this. - Agreed the gearshift looks dated,but at least it stands straight in neutral unlike other M&M vehicles.
3. Plastics, as most of you have already pointed out, feels cheap when you touch them, but this is the compromise for the 12L i guess when you compare it with the Fortuner and other similar vehicles.
4. Only Radio, Bluetooth and GPS was working in the test drive vehicle. For all the gadgets not working, they had only one asnwer. Vehicle is low on battery !!! For Tyretronics, one person said the battery was down and another said it had to be activated. Not sure whom to believe :-) - If the vehicle is starting there is no way these gadgets would not work. These guys have no ideas what they are talking about.
5. I did not like the Black interiors. Loved the Walnut interiors. Only
colors available with the Walnut combination was the White and Black. Black color cars is something we don't buy in our family. Hence the choice of color for me was pretty simple. Otherwise, if you like Black interiors, the green and silver are great colors in my opinion. - This is a major issue with M&M. I has wanted a silver Scorpio, but the interiots were a combination of grape purple and black which looked horrible, so had to settle for a Rocky beige with beige interiors.
6. The ICE and mood lighting have all red background lighting. Not sure why they chose this color. I would have personally preferred a more soothing color like blue.- Red looks a bit sinister, a cool blue would actually have been nice
Congratulations and happy waiting. However some points on the TD observations inline above.
Old 7th October 2011, 19:07   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I think the color is inspired from the eyes of the cheetah
The colour of a cheetah's eyes is bright yellow. This looks like an intoxicated cheetah
Old 7th October 2011, 19:08   #2800
Senior - BHPian

saw the add film today. nothing great about it, but ok. they refer the vehicle as XUV 5 'O' 'O'.
Old 7th October 2011, 19:20   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Old 7th October 2011, 19:29   #2802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

4. Only Radio, Bluetooth and GPS was working in the test drive vehicle. For all the gadgets not working, they had only one asnwer. Vehicle is low on battery !!! For Tyretronics, one person said the battery was down and another said it had to be activated. Not sure whom to believe :-)
Battery low for a vehicle which is less than 2 weeks old? That sound ridiculous ! This is one part I was actually worried about ! The gadgets. One one side you feel good about these, on the other we worry how long will it function without any issues !
Old 7th October 2011, 19:44   #2803
Senior - BHPian

Thats why it makes more sense to go for a W6 model. Less gadgets = less trouble. Any way these days you can get most of the stuff from outside.
Old 7th October 2011, 20:07   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd tweets below.
Quote:
XUV500 gets 5000 bookings in 6 days! Incredible response speaks volumes of M&M brand. But, too much hype can be dangerous. eg Nano, Etios.
Old 7th October 2011, 20:41   #2805
BHPian

A couple of more reviews in addition to the ones posted by raj_5004:

and this:

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks