Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 20:41   #2806
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hormazd tweets below.
in an earlier post some one posted in this thread that XUV got 8500 bookings on first day. which one is correct?
Old 7th October 2011, 20:43   #2807
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
in an earlier post some one posted in this thread that XUV got 8500 bookings on first day. which one is correct?
All I know is 8500 is definitely incorrect as the numbers did rounds day after the launch. 5000 sounds plausible.
Old 7th October 2011, 20:54   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Then i guess every dealer has its own way of "looting" people. Sorry that was a bad PJ.
Well the Koncept auto in lagpat nagar is only charging 1000 irrespective of color.
How much they quoted you for w8 2wd?[please provide break up]
Moreover, I am waiting for moderator's feedback to book it. If price is same i will book with them. [Depends upon feedback]
Old 7th October 2011, 21:54   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thats why it makes more sense to go for a W6 model. Less gadgets = less trouble. Any way these days you can get most of the stuff from outside.
I thought about this. But then you would end up spending more if you try getting all these done from outside. The difference between W6 and W8 is just 1.2lacs and hence I decided on going in for the W8.
Old 7th October 2011, 22:25   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
How much they quoted you for w8 2wd?[please provide break up]
Moreover, I am waiting for moderator's feedback to book it. If price is same i will book with them. [Depends upon feedback]
Since i was more interested in w6 hence i didn't ask for w8. Also i haven't got a call from mahindra so i don't know the break up of the on road price yet. I just got a link for there site which tells me the status of the booking. Will call up SA tomorrow for on road price and update the same here.
As for buying it, i would suggest you to go and have a test drive yourself and then decide whether you liked it or not rather than waiting for a review from someone else. Why do you wanna buy a car just because someone said its good. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
I thought about this. But then you would end up spending more if you try getting all these done from outside. The difference between W6 and W8 is just 1.2lacs and hence I decided on going in for the W8.
I am not sure if its gonna cost more outside. Things like Hill control, side air bags and ESP cannot be added from outside, so the only other things that are missing in w6 are leather seats, dvd player, sat nav and Alloy wheels. So now if you get these from outside, you would end up saving some money and of course you get your personnel touch as well in regards to alloys. Alloy should come for 20-25K, Sat nav DVD for 15-20k, and good leather seats like art,stanley another 20-30K. So in the end you still save money here.
Old 7th October 2011, 22:26   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Is it only me got elbow fouling with arm rest while gear changing? Especially second and 4th?

-HCP
Me too! Thought that was because I was sitting a bit to far back!
Rgds
Old 7th October 2011, 22:35   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
@mshooli, and you did the right thing. Its not just the electronics that you get. (Sure you can get them from outside, but one can usually tell whether its an aftermarket job or an OEM job.) More importantly, there is stuff that you cannot (and should not) install separately.

Side & curtain airbags
Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with rollover mitigation
Hill Hold and Hill Descent control
The first two especially are critical safety features that are best provided by the manufacturers and are probably not even available aftermarket. Which is why these features sometimes become differentiators between products from different companies. Mahindra needs to be commended for adding things like 6 airbags at this price point. Case in point, I decided against the Maruti A-Star auto for this very reason and went with the i10 auto instead. Small car with no airbags? I'm not letting my wife drive it.

Coming to the additional features in a W8, you do get some non-critical but still very useful ones like:

Telescopic steering
Power-foldable ORVMs

And Leather upholstery, although I didn't want it, but Mahindra wouldn't let me get a W8 with fabric or faux leather seats. Why I don't know.

So, there you see, W8 is definitely a better value for money. That 1.2L is money well spent. (Thats my opinion of course!)
Old 7th October 2011, 22:44   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Sij,

Same here mate, I booked on 2nd Oct the W8 Silver color and later called the dealer on 04th Oct and changed it to white and problem started, neither i got mail or nor call and seeing your date Jan 2012 i dont have any hope i will get XUV in 4-6 weeks.
Heard from the dealer that if you booked a AWD then the calls too have not started! Can any one confirm this?
BTW feel we should start a seperate thread on the bookings- Both those who have got dates confirmed and those who have paid and waiting - other related issues!
Old 7th October 2011, 23:25   #2814
BHPian

@Gerardfdz, yes the only call I've got for my W8 AWD booking was for 'address confirmation'.
Old 8th October 2011, 00:06   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Heard from the dealer that if you booked a AWD then the calls too have not started! Can any one confirm this?
BTW feel we should start a seperate thread on the bookings- Both those who have got dates confirmed and those who have paid and waiting - other related issues!
I got a call from Mahindra in the evening today confirming the booking of the W8 AWD with a tentative date of 11th Dec.
cheers
Old 8th October 2011, 00:23   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
Shankar, If you're planning to wait for an AT variant of this car, you might have to wait for a long long time. And trust me when i say that because i know for a DEFINITE fact that the company is not even really sure whether they want to bring an AT variant leave alone the time frame. I know that because no one, i mean no one would have waited more desperately for an AT version for this SUV and the disappointments I've faced as a result.
some people are saying the AT will be coming soon... and one member said its on its way with even more goodies like a sunroof! and some say it'll take long for AT.... so any concrete info as to is AT expected anytime soon so we can wait for that or else it doesn't make sense to wait for few months and then finally book the manual version after loosing patience as the price might surely increase in 2012. also wouldn't AT with the same engine tune state make it much slower and a little sluggish compared to the manual? wish they would offer AT with a slightly more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Some notes made on my Showroom visit today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Went to Sireesh Auto on Silk Board Junction here is the break up of OTR Bangalore
now what are these extra accessories and packages (lifestyle and adventure) as i have not read about them anywhere. not even on mahindra website! are they dealer offered? and also what are these standard fitments? i thought that there are only 3 variants with everything standard and fixed by the company (except for the extra chrome fitments and alloys for w6)

and last but not the least incase of being chauffeured - is there a remote for the audio controls so we can change songs/folder from the back seat as well.. i am asking this as I have seen in some pic somewhere there was a remote shown but its not mentioned anywhere.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2011 at 13:56. Reason: Please do NOT quote entire long posts; it negatively affects the user experience for others
Old 8th October 2011, 00:23   #2817
BHPian

I canceled my VW Vento delivery on 30th sep (supposed to be delivered on 3rd oct) booked XUV 5OO on 30th sep at India Garage st Marks Road Satin White W8 FWD. I was the 13th customer who had booked the car at that dealer by that time.
Got the confirmation of booking within 48hrs and even Mahindra call centre gave me a call on 2nd oct confirming my name address variant booked etc and said delivery date would be by 4th nov .After this i got a message from Mahindra saying " Dear customer , your Mahindra vehicle is under production and we expect to deliver by 04 nov 2011."
Old 8th October 2011, 02:21   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
some people are saying the AT will be coming soon... and one member said its on its way with even more goodies like a sunroof! and some say it'll take long for AT.... so any concrete info as to is AT expected anytime soon so we can wait for that or else it doesn't make sense to wait for few months and then finally book the manual version after loosing patience as the price might surely increase in 2012. also wouldn't AT with the same engine tune state make it much slower and a little sluggish compared to the manual? wish they would offer AT with a slightly more power.
There's definitely no way that an AT version of this car can hit the roads in less than 2 years time. Rather I'd say atleast 3 years - if ever. You can trust me because when i say that i have faced SEVERE disappointment on an AT XUV, I don't speak as an enthused customer wanting to buy one. If you want a better clarification, PM me. Some things just can't be posted on the public forum.
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 03:26   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
There's definitely no way that an AT version of this car can hit the roads in less than 2 years time. Rather I'd say atleast 3 years - if ever. You can trust me because when i say that i have faced SEVERE disappointment on an AT XUV, I don't speak as an enthused customer wanting to buy one. If you want a better clarification, PM me. Some things just can't be posted on the public forum.
i am a little happy and also a little sad now. happy because i might not have to wait for a few more months to book the car and sad because of obvious reason... no AT :(

p.s. - check your pm.
Old 8th October 2011, 06:50   #2820
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Check my earlier posts on this thread and I had posted all details of the accessories available at an extra cost.
Yes there is a remote controller sitting around in the vehicle - kept in the cubbbyhole in front just below the music/ ac controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
now what are these extra accessories and packages (lifestyle and adventure) as i have not read about them anywhere. not even on mahindra website! are they dealer offered? and also what are these standard fitments? i thought that there are only 3 variants with everything standard and fixed by the company (except for the extra chrome fitments and alloys for w6)

and last but not the least incase of being chauffeured - is there a remote for the audio controls so we can change songs/folder from the back seat as well.. i am asking this as I have seen in some pic somewhere there was a remote shown but its not mentioned anywhere.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed