Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 09:05   #2821
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Interesting part is that W8 AWD comes only in few colors, namely White, Purple, Green, Grey and Black. No Silver and No Red. Only the W8 2WD comes in all colors. Even W6 comes only in Silver, Grey, Red and Black.

I wanted to book a Silver AWD.....
This is really sad.I was hoping that atleast with the XUV, they would stop doing this crap like limiting colors etc..

So, there is a big brain in Mahindra who decides that no buyer who wants W8 AWD will want silver so let us not offer W8 AWD in Silver

If, I were to get the XUV 500 Silver AWD would have been my preferred color too.
Old 8th October 2011, 09:40   #2822
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
I canceled my VW Vento delivery on 30th sep (supposed to be delivered on 3rd oct) booked XUV 5OO on 30th sep at India Garage st Marks Road Satin White W8 FWD. I was the 13th customer who had booked the car at that dealer by that time.
Got the confirmation of booking within 48hrs and even Mahindra call centre gave me a call on 2nd oct confirming my name address variant booked etc and said delivery date would be by 4th nov .After this i got a message from Mahindra saying " Dear customer , your Mahindra vehicle is under production and we expect to deliver by 04 nov 2011."
Congrats for the booking.
Atleast there is transparency in M&M regarding the booking, unlike other companies especially MSIL. There is no communication from the co. ever regarding your booking, the pre-sales is really pathetic.

But once you are on board with the co., they would treat you like a real customer with great ***.
Old 8th October 2011, 09:54   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Here is the ad:

IMO, they could have used other colored vehicle instead of red
Pretty bad job I must say. Was expecting M&M Marketing to a come up with a better one. There is much to the vehicle beyond the 'cheetah' aspect.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th October 2011 at 13:02. Reason: Pls no not quote a video. Hampers readability for our mobile users.
Old 8th October 2011, 10:07   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
some people are saying the AT will be coming soon... and one member said its on its way with even more goodies like a sunroof! and some say it'll take long for AT.... so any concrete info as to is AT expected anytime soon so we can wait for that or else it doesn't make sense to wait for few months and then finally book the manual version after loosing patience as the price might surely increase in 2012. also wouldn't AT with the same engine tune state make it much slower and a little sluggish compared to the manual? wish they would offer AT with a slightly more power.

now what are these extra accessories and packages (lifestyle and adventure) as i have not read about them anywhere. not even on mahindra website! are they dealer offered? and also what are these standard fitments? i thought that there are only 3 variants with everything standard and fixed by the company (except for the extra chrome fitments and alloys for w6)

and last but not the least incase of being chauffeured - is there a remote for the audio controls so we can change songs/folder from the back seat as well.. i am asking this as I have seen in some pic somewhere there was a remote shown but its not mentioned anywhere.

Hi,

I too went to Koncept Automobiles in NOIDA and they had splashed the xerox copies of accessories listing everywhere. the pricing was approximately 65,000 INR and things like chrome grill, all weather footmats etc. were somethings that I noticed. I am quite befuddled here. Should one buy a W6 and then get these accessories like GPS, DVD Player, and all other gizmos added or if not, then why are these there? Are these extra for w8 and W8AWD or standard fitments in these variants? Somewhere I am a bit confused. Can someone put his hand up and clarify things on the forum on the accessory front which to me seemed quite confusing?
Old 8th October 2011, 10:17   #2825
Senior - BHPian

have to agree , quite a disconnect between the inspiration and the representation of that in the ad , does not connect well - in addition certain key design elements are missing for example the paw inspired door handles , could have done a better job. The car looks awesome no doubt , might have been better to just showcase that alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
Pretty bad job I must say. Was expecting M&M Marketing to a come up with a better one. There is much to the vehicle beyond the 'cheetah' aspect.
Old 8th October 2011, 10:18   #2826
BHPian

I had been to Sirish Auto and had a test drive .

Pros
Feels like a car
Good street presence
Good seating position
Meets almost 70 % position of say a Scorpio in comparison
Seat adjustments can help u to have a good view
Lumbar support pretty good
Handling is amazing
No body role what so ever
Power of the car is pretty smooth
Don't feel like SUV , more of a car
Going inside the XUV is a breeze , not like Scorpio
200MM + Ground clearance is a boon
NVH levels taken care inside the car is pretty decent
Voice commands work, may need to use it a bit to understand it or ( Garbage in Garbage out syndrome )
When u switch of the Scorpio the ORVMs turn inside and get folded automatically

Cons

Plastics are not good compared to other cars in this segment .Can be improved
This car is not for Pure Audio buffs
No chance of upgrading to any Audio system
The one passed by Nippon is pretty small ( Should have been at least 7 inch LCD)
The GPS and other stuff are not that visible in the car
Display is the culprit
Second row has fixed seating
Cannot go back
Can be tilted to some extent
3rd row seating is a joke
Space utility after 3rd row is nill
W6 now has a very good rim option in accessory
W8 does not have that option
W8 AWD is not available in the best color of XUV - The red
All Ads of the XUV in red ( Company uses the best color in there ADs and we have no AWD built on this color . Something really wrong with color selection )
The lights in the bumper in the front are precariously placed .
Chances of hitting them during parking is very much evident
I had major scratch in this section of my Scorpio .

Will add pictures shortly
Old 8th October 2011, 10:39   #2827
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
Agree! Dull ad. BTW, there is an increase in scorpio ads on regional channels. Is it usual in Diwali shopping season, or are they trying to push scorpio before xuv launch in other markets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
4. Only Radio, Bluetooth and GPS was working in the test drive vehicle. For all the gadgets not working, they had only one asnwer. Vehicle is low on battery !!! For Tyretronics, one person said the battery was down and another said it had to be activated. Not sure whom to believe :-)
What gadgets apart from tyretronics were not working?
Old 8th October 2011, 11:00   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
BTW, there is an increase in scorpio ads on regional channels. Is it usual in Diwali shopping season, or are they trying to push scorpio before xuv launch in other markets?
I think M&M has already stated feeling cannibalization of Scorpio sales by XUV, hence this move. I see a downward price correction of Scorpio or escalation of XUV prices - pretty soon - to stem this.

Last edited by alabjarus : 8th October 2011 at 11:03.
Old 8th October 2011, 12:28   #2829
BHPian

Mahindra XUV Pictures

Some photographs taken in Sirish Auto of the XUV 500

Photo 1 has the new chrome for the headlights
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-photo.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-photo2.jpg  

Last edited by Ranga : 8th October 2011 at 12:34.
Ranga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 12:37   #2830
BHPian

I did TD on Bannerghatta road. I loved everyminute. Looks awesome in real than in pics. During one point it literally was gliding or I was day dreaming?

Great response, no body roll & great features make it a great buy!

I am heck lot confused now and waiting for team BHP review.
Can you post one sooooooon?
Old 8th October 2011, 13:38   #2831
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Some photographs taken in Sirish Auto of the XUV 500

Photo 1 has the new chrome for the headlights
Thanks! Amazing pictures, it sure looks good in black! Well done M&M
Do you have more pictures?
Old 8th October 2011, 14:41   #2832
BHPian

Guys,

It's a great vehicle but I am just wondering if it was only me that felt the windscreen is too curved and the visibility is less compared to scorpio. I felt claustrophobic inside.

Didn't any of you feel the same?

or

Was it the seat color combo which added to that feeling? Maybe beige would lighten things up.
Old 8th October 2011, 15:13   #2833
Senior - BHPian

Personally speaking not one bit. I was very happy with the 'openness and airiness' of the car from the inside - of course a lighter color will make it appear even more spacious , but irrespective not at all claustrophobic in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post

Old 8th October 2011, 15:27   #2834
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
some people are saying the AT will be coming soon... and one member said its on its way with even more goodies like a sunroof! and some say it'll take long for AT.... so any concrete info as to is AT expected anytime soon so we can wait for that or else it doesn't make sense to wait for few months and then finally book the manual version after loosing patience as the price might surely increase in 2012. also wouldn't AT with the same engine tune state make it much slower and a little sluggish compared to the manual? wish they would offer AT with a slightly more power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
There's definitely no way that an AT version of this car can hit the roads in less than 2 years time. Rather I'd say atleast 3 years - if ever. You can trust me because when i say that i have faced SEVERE disappointment on an AT XUV, I don't speak as an enthused customer wanting to buy one. If you want a better clarification, PM me. Some things just can't be posted on the public forum.
I am not sure, but when i went to check-out the XUV, the SE informed me that the AT will be launched soon in the "I" series. He was one of the guys trained by Mahindra and was involved in the development of the XUV. Fingers crossed
Old 8th October 2011, 15:28   #2835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Guys,

It's a great vehicle but I am just wondering if it was only me that felt the windscreen is too curved and the visibility is less compared to scorpio. I felt claustrophobic inside.

+1
I also felt the same. See how close the front head-rest is to the roof in the following picture.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks