Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2011, 01:03   #2851
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

I had taken a test drive of XUV5OO yesterday. It is fantastic. Value for money at that price what Mahindra & Mahindra is offering. Their all hard work seems to be fruitful. I am impressed with the design of the vehicle. A good XUV from Indian manufacturer.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 9th October 2011 at 01:05.
Old 9th October 2011, 02:33   #2852
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Cons

This car is not for Pure Audio buffs
No chance of upgrading to any Audio system
The one passed by Nippon is pretty small ( Should have been at least 7 inch LCD)
The GPS and other stuff are not that visible in the car
Display is the culprit
No chance of upgrading even the speakers??? what if someone wants to upgrade to some better speakers like Rockford fosgate or Bose and also put in a woofer or a bass tube and also the Amps that go along with these... wont that be possible? ICE experts please clear this as this is a very important factor for many.
Old 9th October 2011, 03:22   #2853
BHPian

i took a test drive of XUV 500 W8 AWD on Oct 1st

by that time India Garage ,St Marks road,Bangalore had 75 bookings

few -ves

A rail for the middle row would have given much more comfort for the middle row passengers and the last row passengers as well.

The Touch screen could have a bit more wider .may be 8 inches would have been better.

Though the accessorized the Reverse camera, am not sure the touch screen in the console has option to accommodate that - can some one please confirm that, the brochure was confusing.

Planning to book Silver/Black W8 After official Team BHP review
Old 9th October 2011, 06:22   #2854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post

by that time India Garage ,St Marks road,Bangalore had 75 bookings

few -ves

A rail for the middle row would have given much more comfort for the middle row passengers and the last row passengers as well.

The Touch screen could have a bit more wider .may be 8 inches would have been better.

Though the accessorized the Reverse camera, am not sure the touch screen in the console has option to accommodate that - can some one please confirm that, the brochure was confusing.

Planning to book Silver/Black W8 After official Team BHP review
I remember that the touch screen can accomodate the camera. Provision is made but camera is skipped as a standard fitment. Itd available as an accs. Without the camera ir wud b challenging even with the standard parking sensors
Old 9th October 2011, 09:32   #2855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
No chance of upgrading even the speakers??? what if someone wants to upgrade to some better speakers like Rockford fosgate or Bose and also put in a woofer or a bass tube and also the Amps that go along with these... wont that be possible? ICE experts please clear this as this is a very important factor for many.
This is valid for any car with integrated music system.

Of course the speakers can be upgraded along with subwoofer & amps. But you cannot install a aftermarket (read better) head unit.

Unless you are really a hardcore audiophile, you wont really need it because the XUV has all features such as USB, AUX, MP3, Bluetooth & even DVD as standard.

Even in my Punto, I have kept the head unit stock as I dint want to lose steering mounted controls and Blue&Me functionality. I just added 2 amps & upgraded speakers along with a sub & I am more than happy with the output.

Quote:
I have seen in one of the pics that the screen does have reverse camera option.
Old 9th October 2011, 09:55   #2856
BHPian

I am not sure if it was a test vehicle or an on road vehicle. Oh wait, I remember seeing tapes on it. So, should be a new one. It was grey and just across the road from my place, looked good. The front end doesn't look as bad as in the pictures. Didn't have time to stop and check the vehicle.
Old 9th October 2011, 10:09   #2857
Senior - BHPian

I just saw a brand new registered white xuv in kothrud pune. What puzzled me though is, the fellow was talking on the phone holding it in his hand. I guess even the base version has bluetooth connectivity.. Poor soul might not be aware of it or too lazy to pair his phone

BTW, the car looks awesome on road

Last edited by neoonwheels : 9th October 2011 at 10:11.
Old 9th October 2011, 10:40   #2858
BHPian

I saw a two brand new XUV's (temp numberplate) this on sunday while returning from khandala. One was silver and the other one was white, i must say it does have good on-road presence and people dont judge the car by the pictures you see. If you actually want to compare the car see it in flesh, it is really good and a true VFM product.
Old 9th October 2011, 10:55   #2859
BHPian

Hi Nitin,

Did you get your delivery date finally???? We were shocked to know our delivery date to be 12th March 2011... This is such a big shocker to us....
We booked the UV on the very first day when the bookings started in Gurgaon... We booked the XUV on 1st Oct and it will take 6 months for them to deliver this.....

I am sure there is something wring going on here. I read that they have a monthly production capacity of 2000 XUV. I booked on the very first day and by this logic it means that our booking was 11000th on the first day itself.

Please let me know your booking and delivery date....

Request other BHPians to share their booking date and delivery date.... This will help me in knowing average time taken for first weeks delivery...

Is there a way to reach out M&M and check is everything is fair with my booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Oh ok i guessed it. Well even i haven't received any call from them. Sales guy said that you will get the call in 48 hours. Infact to i got the message alert that my 40K check has been cleared so i am hoping that they would be calling me now soon.
I don't mind the wait as i want the car in Jan if possible. By that time i would have the option to go from canteen as well.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:01   #2860
BHPian

Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Dear Bhpians,
I am sure with the mass Hysteria surrounding the launch of XUV, there would be some good and bad experiences while purchasing this beast.

This thread is to bring all these experiences together for everyone to see and know whether the so called fair allotment process of M&M is actually fair or not.

In my case I had booked this XUV on 1st Oct 2011 and yesterday after a weeks followup (So called Purple club RM hasn't called us yet) we got to know our delivery date to be 12th of March. This experiences has just taken away the excitement of buying this XUV. I just dont know what to do with a wait stretching over 5 months.

Hence request fellow BHPian to share their Booking experience.

Many thanks.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th October 2011 at 16:37.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:01   #2861
BHPian

hope we will get petes tuning box for XUV500 soon? what would be figures, guess? because we are always power and torque hungry no matter what better things they have given us .

Last edited by neo_trace : 9th October 2011 at 11:04.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:26   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I just saw a brand new registered white xuv in kothrud pune. What puzzled me though is, the fellow was talking on the phone holding it in his hand. I guess even the base version has bluetooth connectivity.. Poor soul might not be aware of it or too lazy to pair his phone

BTW, the car looks awesome on road
Or the phone lacks the bluetooth . That is very good on M&M to offer bluetooth from the base version itself.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:46   #2863
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Booked in October 2011 and delivery in March 2012.

with production capacity of 1400 unit monthly and 5000 bookings done so far clubbed with prelaunch inventory assumption of 750 units (3x1400=4200+750= 4950units ) all the 5K units booked must be delivered prior to 31st December 2011.

It seems Mahindra wants to use the anxious early booking guinea pigs to fill the production calender for an year.

If frustrated soul cancels make money at 1k on each so even 2K cancellations they will make 2 millions of Rupees!

Those who booked purple+ green shade and cancels loss is 10K

XUV 500 now has same delay delivery wooes like Vento

Those who booked Vento may get them faster!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th October 2011 at 16:31. Reason: Spelling
Old 9th October 2011, 11:53   #2864
BHPian

Took a brief TD of XUV yesterday. Here are the initial impressions:

+ve's

1. Looks huge and has a good road presence.
2. Handles really well for a vehicle of that size, minimal body roll
3. Smooth Mhawk heart in the higher state of tune has minimal Turbo lag, will feel home for those City and highway runs.
4. Front seats have decent support and lumbar support's available too.
5. ICE / Information center gives ample information about the vehicle.
6. Chunky Wheel, nice to hold. Bluetooth and Volume controls mounted as well.
7. A/C unit powered by Dual Compressors as per M&M tech (Need to confirm), third row gets dedicated vents too.
8. Excellent GC 205 MM more than Scorpio, Innova
9. Stanley leather seats on the W8 Variant, beige looks good.
10. Micro Hybrid tech available with the Off button
11. Hill hold, Descent control, Cruise Control, static Cornering Headlamps available.
12. 12v Sockets available on all 3 rows on W8 variant.

--ve's
1. Cabin is a bit noisy, especially on acceleration
2. 3rd row seats not suitable for anyone above 5 - 5.2 feet
3. Dash plastics feels good to touch, but hard plastic may not wear gracefully
4. Control stalks sounds and feels cheap to engage (Like breaking a toothbrush when engaged) not pleasant at all.
5. Very Firm (Read harsh) ride, my be the Tyre Pressure was too high on the TD vehicle have to confirm.
6. Steering is a bit hard (Not too soft like Verna) and lacks feedback but not a deal breaker.
7. Lacks under thigh support in the rear benches,a bit more cushioning will be appreciated.
8. Arm rest is a pain when shifting gears.

All in all, a very good effort by M&M. A very good VFM product, should sell like hotcakes given the killer pricing. I would probably buy one 6 months down the line once the initial niggles if any are solved.

Quote:

Thereal,
M&M Sales rep confirmed that that reverse camera will work with the Console screen.

Last edited by Maverick_x1 : 9th October 2011 at 12:04. Reason: adding few points
Old 9th October 2011, 12:20   #2865
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

I really cannot fathom any reason for such a long delivery time. Unless they are using special/imported sub assemblies which have a long lead time. I am disappointed that M&M could not envisage the demand and prepare for it. Understandable in case of Toyota Fortuner who were not sure of the demand for a 20L vehicle, but unpardonable for M&M who have large enough capacity to accommodate 3-5K extra vehicles in their manufacturing infrastructure.

Well this certainly gives the other manufacturers opportunity to poach customers with off the shelf or at the most shorter waiting period. Duster can now be safely launched at or slightly above the XUV price and expect decent off take (there goes my chance of getting a VFM 4x4).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks