Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2011, 12:40   #2866
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Probably a good idea to wait a few months of a brand new car launch before booking it, so that the manufacturer has time to sort out teething issues in production/technical areas.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 12:41   #2867
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the XUV has static cornering lights, like in VW Passat.
I love this great feature in Passat. This is very much needed especially on Indian roads where there is almost no lighting on the road. This will also help to identify the bushes or rocks are there on the road in addition to the pedestrian safety.
Old 9th October 2011, 12:54   #2868
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Hi Nitin,

Did you get your delivery date finally???? We were shocked to know our delivery date to be 12th March 2011... This is such a big shocker to us....
We booked the UV on the very first day when the bookings started in Gurgaon... We booked the XUV on 1st Oct and it will take 6 months for them to deliver this.....

I am sure there is something wring going on here. I read that they have a monthly production capacity of 2000 XUV. I booked on the very first day and by this logic it means that our booking was 11000th on the first day itself.

Please let me know your booking and delivery date....

Request other BHPians to share their booking date and delivery date.... This will help me in knowing average time taken for first weeks delivery...

Is there a way to reach out M&M and check is everything is fair with my booking?
I booked on 2nd Oct 2011 and as per M&M tentative delivery date is 31st Dec 2011
Old 9th October 2011, 12:54   #2869
BHPian

Well if u see the space provided in the doors for speakers , not many options for adding any high end components . For sure we might add say a amp but not a decent head set . I am not sure of the nippon headset . They sound like trash without say a 7 band graph equalizer . Not sure how will additional amps , speakers help in this concept when the main head unit is garbage in / out . Pre amp is IMP for any sound system. The headset in xuv is so small for car of this standard .
Old 9th October 2011, 12:57   #2870
BHPian

Are they offering any corporate discount on XUV, at least for Tech Mahindra employees ?
Old 9th October 2011, 12:58   #2871
BHPian

M&M to postpone XUV 500 launch in overseas markets

Business Line : Companies News : M&M to postpone XUV 500 launch in overseas markets

XUV 500 vrooms on debut (M&M’s new launch sees 5,000 bookings in six days compared with 4,000 sales for Xylo in its first week)

XUV 500 vrooms on debut | mydigitalfc.com

world’s largest tractor company by volumes has fixed a booking amount of Rs 10,000 for its latest launch in the premium passenger vehicle segment. Customers have to pay another Rs 30,000 after the delivery date for the XUV500 is given to them. Back of the envelope calculation shows that M&M has collected Rs 5 crore from bookings. M&M has also received over 35,000 requests for test-drives till date. “XUV500 is a product that looks a lot like Toyota Fortuner and is priced cheaper.

WOW!!!!

Last edited by Tushargohil : 9th October 2011 at 13:03.
Old 9th October 2011, 13:01   #2872
BHPian

`May be the delay in delivery turns out to be a blessing in disguise for the buyers like us who booked the car without taking a TD.... We will get to see many ownership review by then...

With so many SUV getting launched in 2012 Jan Auto Expo, I am sure competition wont sit quite and come back with equally good options by then... Quite a wishful thinking though...

However, I am only concerned about the fairplay in the booking process.... Getting March delivery date even though we booked on first day is something I am not able to digest....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Probably a good idea to wait a few months of a brand new car launch before booking it, so that the manufacturer has time to sort out teething issues in production/technical areas.
Old 9th October 2011, 13:05   #2873
BHPian

Congratulations...!!

I am sure there is a foul play with our booking. We booked on 1st Oct and Delivery date is middle of March....

Kindly share you experience in the new thread I have posted about the booking experience of XUV..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...very-date.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
I booked on 2nd Oct 2011 and as per M&M tentative delivery date is 31st Dec 2011
Old 9th October 2011, 13:10   #2874
BHPian

PS:- 2nd Oct was holiday hence safely assume dealer might have submitted my request on 3rd or 4th in between i have change my color on 4th Oct from silver to white....
Old 9th October 2011, 13:34   #2875
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2011 at 14:04.
bajwasingh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th October 2011, 13:45   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels

I remember that the touch screen can accomodate the camera. Provision is made but camera is skipped as a standard fitment. Itd available as an accs. Without the camera ir wud b challenging even with the standard parking sensors
Yes this car definitely needs a reverse camera for sure.
Didn't you guys feel that the touch screen is way to small considering the size of the car inside - I kind of feel like seeing 14 inch tv inside a big hall :-)
Do we have any alternatives ?

Last edited by thereal : 9th October 2011 at 13:52.
Old 9th October 2011, 14:00   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Hi Nitin,

Did you get your delivery date finally???? We were shocked to know our delivery date to be 12th March 2011... This is such a big shocker to us....
We booked the UV on the very first day when the bookings started in Gurgaon... We booked the XUV on 1st Oct and it will take 6 months for them to deliver this.....

I am sure there is something wring going on here. I read that they have a monthly production capacity of 2000 XUV. I booked on the very first day and by this logic it means that our booking was 11000th on the first day itself.

Please let me know your booking and delivery date....

Request other BHPians to share their booking date and delivery date.... This will help me in knowing average time taken for first weeks delivery...

Is there a way to reach out M&M and check is everything is fair with my booking?
Sorry to hear that bro. Well i got the delivery date for 17th dec 2011 according to link and the call that i got from mahindra. I too booked it on 1st oct. I guess (correct me if i am wrong), in gurgaon there is only 1 dealer? If so, then it could be possible that the dealer is not able to provide car early. However the lady who called me from mahindra told me that even though the delivery is for 17 dec, please be ready to receive it early as that it just the max time they will take and not more than that. So in that case, you could get your car early too (hope so).
Old 9th October 2011, 15:29   #2878
Senior - BHPian

The 2 sensors on Windshield? Rain / Temperature / Auto Headlights?
However, no idea on which is which, no clue from Sales guys too. There are specialy trained sales people but who are not available always.

Just behind the IRVM on the top of windshield. Rain Sensor?

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-08102011974.jpg

Slit at the Left Bottom corner of the windshield. Auto Headlights sensor?

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-08102011972.jpg

Got a very short drive of couple of kms but not worth getting a real feel of the vehicle and that too only on W8, no W6s available for TD, long nagging queue of customers for TD. Could experience very good stability with ESP and hill ascend assist on the uphill, it literally pulls you up without any accelerator intervention, saw that even on 3rd gear as Hill Ascend assist was working throughout. Felt straight drive high speed stability and hard breaking quite commendable compared to respective issues in Scorpio. Anybody taking TD, do check how it behaves with and without ESP and Hill Ascend/Descend assist on W8.
Old 9th October 2011, 15:47   #2879
BHPian

Source ET

Mahindra will go slow on Mahindra XUV500 exports until it gets a firm handle on the domestic demand even as the automaker plans to boost XUV500 production by 50%, to 3,000 units per month in the coming months. Mahindra has postponed its export market foray for an unspecified amount of time, a time which the automaker will use to satiate India’s demand for the XUV500.

Here’s official word from Dr Pawan Goenka, President, Automotive and Farm Equipment at Mahindra & Mahindra.

"The demand for the model is good even at this price point (Rs.10.8 lakh to Rs.11.95 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi). We have got bookings for 5,000 units within a week of its launch in five cities. The waiting period for the model is around 17 weeks now. Our capacity is to roll out 2,000 units per month. So we may have to postpone our export plans for the model further. We are looking at markets like Australia, Chile and neighbouring countries. Our plan is to ship the model out of India. Earlier we had planned to cater to these markets six months after the domestic launch. But with the demand booming we may have to postpone the new export markets further."
Old 9th October 2011, 15:49   #2880
BHPian

Source ET

Mahindra will go slow on Mahindra XUV500 exports until it gets a firm handle on the domestic demand even as the automaker plans to boost XUV500 production by 50%, to 3,000 units per month in the coming months. Mahindra has postponed its export market foray for an unspecified amount of time, a time which the automaker will use to satiate India’s demand for the XUV500.

Here’s official word from Dr Pawan Goenka, President, Automotive and Farm Equipment at Mahindra & Mahindra.

"The demand for the model is good even at this price point (Rs.10.8 lakh to Rs.11.95 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi). We have got bookings for 5,000 units within a week of its launch in five cities. The waiting period for the model is around 17 weeks now. Our capacity is to roll out 2,000 units per month. So we may have to postpone our export plans for the model further. We are looking at markets like Australia, Chile and neighbouring countries. Our plan is to ship the model out of India. Earlier we had planned to cater to these markets six months after the domestic launch. But with the demand booming we may have to postpone the new export markets further."
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks