Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2011, 18:18   #2881
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

hey! Tbhp review is going to be absolutely thorough and will be a xuv 500's acid test. Ive gone ahead and booked a W6 nonetheless. 1k cancellation charges - not much a price to pay for saving couple of months of delivery time i say. Cheers!
Old 9th October 2011, 18:29   #2882
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Just remembered a few aspects:

1. The front fenders are made of fiber. Sales say they are done to reduce weight and easy to bring back to shape by hand pressing. Find it hard to digest. Is it? What if they crack due to impact? There are fiber panels at some other places too where one could expect steel, can't remember exactly now.

2. Sales guy did say that it is possible to integrate the GPS Navigation in the W6 Infotainment system but not exactly sure. Will it be really possible to purchase from MapMyIndia/others and integrate with existing system? It does not seem possible to replace the existing system, there could be way too many integrations in the entire system including the Steering Wheel controls.

3. Sales guy tells that the original alloys on the W8 are much better than the accessories alloys, both being produced by the OEM of Mahindra. Could it be or just a marketing gimmick for W8? W8 with all the additional features is about 1.4L more than the W6.

4. Accessories Foot Rest seems really sturdy but costs a lot, 13k.

5. Accessories prices are quoted differently at different places. Check and enquire while purchasing.

6. Try to get hold of the guys specially trained for XUV500 at mahindra atleast for fully understanding the vehicle at the showroom.
Old 9th October 2011, 18:45   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
hey! Tbhp review is going to be absolutely thorough and will be a xuv 500's acid test. Ive gone ahead and booked a W6 nonetheless. 1k cancellation charges - not much a price to pay for saving couple of months of delivery time i say. Cheers!
Congratulations! What is the waiting time the dealer quoted? And do you have any idea of the interior color options?
Old 9th October 2011, 18:45   #2884
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Booked on 3rd October @ Sri Durga Automobiles, Prashant Vihar . Paid 40,000 upfront. Have yet to receive any official communication. Went yesterday to enquire and saw XUV still attracting a lot of interest
Old 9th October 2011, 18:58   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Probably a good idea to wait a few months of a brand new car launch before booking it, so that the manufacturer has time to sort out teething issues in production/technical areas.
Booking now will make more sense to those who are ready to deal with initial niggles. I am sure Mahindra will not retain this price-tag for long. expect some price hike for sure.
Old 9th October 2011, 19:38   #2886
BHPian

Booked on 1st Oct and got a delivery date of 25th Dec 2011. Hope Santa comes home on that day

BTW, my order status on the Mahindra SAP page is that the XUV is under production.
Old 9th October 2011, 20:17   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Congratulations! What is the waiting time the dealer quoted? And do you have any idea of the interior color options?
Y@ash - The below image should give you a clear idea of the various options available.

Source - Crazy4power's post earlier in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-xuv-colors.jpg  

amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 20:29   #2888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Took a brief TD of XUV yesterday. Here are the initial impressions:

9. Stanley leather seats on the W8 Variant, beige looks good.
How did you know it's Stanley?
Old 9th October 2011, 20:43   #2889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Well finally i booked it. It's Moondust Silver w6 for me. I dont need Mahindra's gizmo's as i have seen in scorpio too that many complain bout their reliabilty hence the less it is the better. Also it gives me the oppurtunity to add my own person touch like my 17-18" crome alloys, Better ICE, Stanley leather etc

I had the option to go through canteen as well and save a cool 1.5 lakh on w6 however i really cant wait to lay my hands on this hence buying it from outside market. No pain No gain.

How many here in Teambhp have already booked it?
first of all congrats on your booking.

now can you or someone please tell me what is this canteen option which saves a cool 1.5 lacs??
Old 9th October 2011, 21:28   #2890
BHPian

I had another round of Koncept in NOIDA, and was surprised that the showroom was open till 8 PM_ the sales guy told me its all courtesy the buzz created by the XUV.

I was left thoroughly stumped by the accessory choices on the XUV, maybe Im jumping the gun when deliveries itself are gonna take a decent while but still, I am a bit curious on the best accessories one would want to buy with the XUV_ the sales guy had nil idea on rear parking camera, chiller or a separate set of alloys. Had no inkling of the Lifestyle and Sporty pack of accessories that was discussed in this forum a few days back. So then again, what all is there on the offer and where's the final word on that?
Old 9th October 2011, 21:28   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

The A/T version is already ready & crash tested, but maybe will be for the international markets first.
Do you have any concrete info as to when is it expected? coz I would really like to get an AT XUV
Old 9th October 2011, 21:28   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
How did you know it's Stanley?
OEM was Stanley as per the SR. There was however no Stanley Logo on the vehicle.
Old 9th October 2011, 22:00   #2893
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Booking now will make more sense to those who are ready to deal with initial niggles. I am sure Mahindra will not retain this price-tag for long. expect some price hike for sure.
The price at the time of delivery is the effective price (unless the manufacturer clarifies otherwise like was done in the case of Nano). Hence a person booking in first week and comitted to deliveries in March /Apr may also have to deal with a price hike if announced in Jan or due to Feb budget.

An Individual like me would not have been commit to a booking without an indicative delivery date and a test drive. Same happened to me with the Fortuner. Luckly got through with the Aria in record time. - Ofcourse the order backlog was smaller in it's case.

Last edited by ACM : 9th October 2011 at 22:02.
Old 9th October 2011, 22:43   #2894

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post

In my case I had booked this XUV on 1st Oct 2011 and yesterday after a weeks followup (So called Purple club RM hasn't called us yet) we got to know our delivery date to be 12th of March. This experiences has just taken away the excitement of buying this XUV. I just dont know what to do with a wait stretching ...
Did you ensure that the dealer punched in the order online on 1st Oct?. In my case I had made the booking i.e. paid the money on 1st Oct, but the dealer entered the order only on the 3rd. In between I was undecided on the colour and variant and I communicated only on the 2nd. The other aspect is that the colour and variant determines the del. dates.

I booked W8 FWD Silver and entered in the system on 3rd Oct at Bangalore and delivery date is 14th Jan 2012.

I heard from the dealer that someone who booked purple W8 AWD on 4th Oct got the delivery date as Nov 1st week!
Old 9th October 2011, 23:19   #2895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
now can you or someone please tell me what is this canteen option which saves a cool 1.5 lacs??
"Canteen" means "CSD" i.e Canteen Stores Dept.

It is a Govt of India undertaking which provides goods to the Defence (Army) personnel.

Buying a car from the canteen does save a lot of money; but the "privilege" is not available to all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks