Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 09:39   #2911
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Is it? How does it work? When is it used? for lost&found cases?
It's just the VIN no. of the vehicle. I believe Skoda has it there as well.
Old 10th October 2011, 09:44   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's just the VIN no. of the vehicle. I believe Skoda has it there as well.
Yeah, agree it got to be the unique VIN if it is a vehicle trace no. Is it really useful anyways or would become useful only in case of lost and found cases?
Old 10th October 2011, 10:27   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
What gadgets apart from tyretronics were not working?
some of the other features which he couldn't demo to me were intellipark,auto climate control, micro-hybrid feature.

i am sure the battery had nothing to do with these. its just that this person was not fully aware of usage of the gadgetry inside the vehicle.
Old 10th October 2011, 10:51   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Do you have any concrete info as to when is it expected? coz I would really like to get an AT XUV
Sadly, No. Infact, even I am waiting for the A/T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
also I still have not seen the vehicle in flesh... so for those who actually have and can confirm.. are the plastics of dash board and in general that bad as they are made out to be??
As far as I have seen, the plastics are NOT as bad as projected. But frankly, I want my car to be robust & well built rather than tinny but with good plastics. The XUV does feel robust.

P.S.: I drive a punto & innova! Punto is more solidly built than innova IMO.
Old 10th October 2011, 10:59   #2915
Senior - BHPian

The ACC not working is really sad , during my dealer visit , as many others have mentioned , the standard excuse for not displaying all the features is 'low battery' , i am inclined to believe the lack of knowledge with respect to the vehicle as i got the same vibe when i visited the Delhi showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
some of the other features which he couldn't demo to me were intellipark,auto climate control, micro-hybrid feature.

i am sure the battery had nothing to do with these. its just that this person was not fully aware of usage of the gadgetry inside the vehicle.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:34   #2916
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The price at the time of delivery is the effective price (unless the manufacturer clarifies otherwise like was done in the case of Nano). Hence a person booking in first week and comitted to deliveries in March /Apr may also have to deal with a price hike if announced in Jan or due to Feb budget.

An Individual like me would not have been commit to a booking without an indicative delivery date and a test drive. Same happened to me with the Fortuner. Luckly got through with the Aria in record time. - Ofcourse the order backlog was smaller in it's case.
Correct me again, but I am sure that the price at the time of booking is effective. And thats why many sales guys give this reason to prospective buyer, that book it now as we are expecting a price hike.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:46   #2917
BHPian

One quick question, are we all getting M&M SAP access? as i just got call from M&M regarding car tentative dates but no SAP access...
Old 10th October 2011, 11:46   #2918
BHPian

Guys pls give your feedback in the given format, this will be a great help to others for quick reference.

My details are -

Booking Details -

XUV Model - W8 AWD
Color - White
Dealer - G3 Motors
Booking Date - 3rd October
Promised Delivery Date- Not known

If recieved

Actual Delivery Date -
Kms driven -
First Impression -

Thks
Old 10th October 2011, 11:47   #2919
BHPian

No, it is definitely the price during delivery that is effective. Just experienced that first hand with the Verna. Had a minor price hike of about 5.5k

Crazy4Power: Congratulations. You must be the last few ones to get the AWD booked. The website says bookings for the AWD are closed for the moment

Last edited by Shome : 10th October 2011 at 11:51.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:59   #2920
BHPian

My Details are :-

Booking Details -

XUV Model - W8 AWD
Color - White
Dealer - Sterling Motors Gurgaon
Promised Delivery Date- 13th March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Guys pls give your feedback in the given format, this will be a great help to others for quick reference.

My details are -

Booking Details -

XUV Model - W8 AWD
Color - White
Dealer - G3 Motors
Promised Delivery Date- Not known

If recieved

Actual Delivery Date -
Kms driven -
First Impression -

Thks
Old 10th October 2011, 12:58   #2921
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Correct me again, but I am sure that the price at the time of booking is effective. And thats why many sales guys give this reason to prospective buyer, that book it now as we are expecting a price hike.
Nope - Legally it is the price at the time of delivery that is effective. So booking now does not cover the price hike unless the manufacturere specificially mentions it.

That said it is expected that in this kind of situation the manufacturer comes out and states that the current price would be effective till delivery of current orders is completed and stops taking further orders.

If you remember TATA has specifically clarified that the introductory price on nano would be only valid for the first 1L bookings and post that there would be a price revision. (and they did revise the price post that first 1L) also they did also give interest on that substantial booking amount. But in most other case the price at time of delivery is applicable.

Actually if for example there is a mini recession and excise values drop then customers can even benifit (though this type of concession is more likely on smaller cars.). But then the reverse too is true.
Old 10th October 2011, 12:58   #2922
BHPian

I am planning to book the XUV, the delivery date will be after 4-5 months according to dealer, till that time I will get to know about any issue, if it is with the XUV. It will also help me in cancelling the booking if something goes wrong with the car.

I am going for white color and dealer saying the cancellation charges for this color is 1000 INR. But they will write 10,000 cancellation charges on receipt which is applicable for special color.

Is it the same experience for team-bhpian, please let me know.
Old 10th October 2011, 13:22   #2923

XUV Model - W8 AWD
Color - Moondust Silver
Dealer - SKS Bangalore
Promised Delivery Date- 14th January 2012
Old 10th October 2011, 13:28   #2924
BHPian

I am also waiting for the review to be up here before I booked. I had my sights on W8 AWD, and then i realized that the booking for the same is stopped.
Hence i sat down and thought, there are just two ways to this
1. The review here says, all good. Exercise caution since its a new vehicle on the road, but we like what we see. So we all make a beeline to the nearest showroom and try to book it. Chances are the W8 FWD booking is stopped, or the waiting list is extended beyond what currently is like a Swift or a jazz.
2. The review here says, its a great leap for M and M, but suggestion is to hold back the purse strings and wait for version 2 or 3.

Now if I book it right now, under scenario 1, i am taking a chance but my waiting time is reasonable. Under scenario 2, i take heed of the suggestion and go and cancel it. I loose 1k. Is it so bad, or is it equivalent to waiting for a vehicle which i want to drive, for another few months.

Hence decided to go ahead and book it
Old 10th October 2011, 13:41   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
I am also waiting for the review to be up here before I booked. I had my sights on W8 AWD, and then i realized that the booking for the same is stopped.
Hence i sat down and thought, there are just two ways to this
1. The review here says, all good. Exercise caution since its a new vehicle on the road, but we like what we see. So we all make a beeline to the nearest showroom and try to book it. Chances are the W8 FWD booking is stopped, or the waiting list is extended beyond what currently is like a Swift or a jazz.
2. The review here says, its a great leap for M and M, but suggestion is to hold back the purse strings and wait for version 2 or 3.

Now if I book it right now, under scenario 1, i am taking a chance but my waiting time is reasonable. Under scenario 2, i take heed of the suggestion and go and cancel it. I loose 1k. Is it so bad, or is it equivalent to waiting for a vehicle which i want to drive, for another few months.

Hence decided to go ahead and book it
CONGRATS Mate, I did the same thing. Waited patiently for the T-Bhp review, but then thought that its better to pay Rs 1000/- for cancellation, rather than delaying the delivery period any further. Even though have not received any mail from Mahindra till now, the sales adviser gave a date of February- March. Now am cursing myself for not thinking on these lines earlier and booking it on the first day itself
Closed Thread

Most Viewed