Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 13:54   #2926
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV Booking Vs Delivery Date...!!!

Booking Details -

XUV Model - W8 2WD
Color - White
Dealer - india garage bangalore
Booking Date - 3rd October
Promised Delivery Date- 31st Dec 2011
Old 10th October 2011, 13:59   #2927
BHPian

Booking Details -

XUV Model - W6
Color - Silver
Dealer - Koncept
Booking Date - 1st October
Promised Delivery Date- 25/12/2011
Old 10th October 2011, 14:25   #2928
BHPian

Finally Zeroed in on my next beast.

XUV Model - W6
Color - Silver
Dealer - India Garage, Bangalore
Booking Date - 9/10/11
Promised Delivery Date- yet to get the details

Additions Opted for :
1. Set of 5 Alloys
2. Side Step
Old 10th October 2011, 14:33   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijesh View Post
XUV Model - W8 AWD
Color - Moondust Silver
Dealer - SKS Bangalore
Booking Date - 3rd October
Promised Delivery Date- 14th January 2012
Pls check the color, I think Moondust Silver is not available in AWD version
Old 10th October 2011, 14:59   #2930

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

The amount of interest the XUV500 has conjured up, is a testament to how much TATA has missed out, by not launching the Aria, at an attractive price. The Aria is a fantastic product inside-out and had the pricing been done right, the interest could have been much more than what XUV has been able to generate.

Wake up TATA... Wake up...
Old 10th October 2011, 15:48   #2931
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I am planning to book the XUV, the delivery date will be after 4-5 months according to dealer, till that time I will get to know about any issue, if it is with the XUV. It will also help me in cancelling the booking if something goes wrong with the car.

I am going for white color and dealer saying the cancellation charges for this color is 1000 INR. But they will write 10,000 cancellation charges on receipt which is applicable for special color.

Is it the same experience for team-bhpian, please let me know.
Pawan:Same case for me as well. I just came back from Koncept Auto NOIDA after giving the booking amount of 40,000- I booked a Moondust Silver W8. The same cancellation theory applies- 1000 Rs. will be deducted if vehicle is any color except Green and Purple, in which case, they will deduct 10,000Rs. Thats that! Congratulations to you mate!
Old 10th October 2011, 15:52   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
CONGRATS Mate, I did the same thing. Waited patiently for the T-Bhp review, but then thought that its better to pay Rs 1000/- for cancellation, rather than delaying the delivery period any further. Even though have not received any mail from Mahindra till now, the sales adviser gave a date of February- March. Now am cursing myself for not thinking on these lines earlier and booking it on the first day itself
Hi guys, I did the same thing. Since Team BHP review was taking time, I thought the worst case scenario is to lose out on INR 1000/- towards cancellation charges so went ahead and booked the XUV. I fully agree that since we will be looking at Feb-March time frame for deliveries, there will be ample reports on the beast helping us make up our minds on whether to take deliveries or not, (which to my mind is near impossible!)

Its better to get bookings done now and be OK with losing 1k INR on a spend of around 12 L INR, than wait and wait endlessly for the vehicle to get delivered courtesy late booking!
Old 10th October 2011, 16:08   #2933
BHPian

Just entered office after being out without notice for two hours at a stretch! I was at the Mahindra dealer in NOIDA, and after eagerly awaiting the review by Team-BHP, decided to go and book the XUV anyhow. Most of the replies given by the sales guy over minor queries were in line with whatever I had read on the forum, so it kinda reaffirmed my view on this being a great product to own.

On the plastics quality being bad, I think that they did look fantastic and very very upmarket vis-a-vis whatever we are used to seeing on mid end MUVs/SUVs like Safari, Scorpio etc. A few things seemed tacky and not strong enough though, like the levers at the back of the rear seats which need to be pulled to push the seats down 180 degrees. They seems kinda tacky and thought they will give away soon. Then again, the leather on the headrests of second row seats werent snugly fitted and seemed kinda hushed up job. The net at the back of front seats, which can be used to keep magazines and folders et al seemed el cheapo :(.

Ignore this minor eyesores and it seems like an astounding product. What I wouldnt know is this-that since we are all used to the price points of such SUVs being much higher, say T Fort or an Endy being in 18-24 Lacs bracket, will mahindra cut corners on the durability and quality of the stuff used in the XUV? Or is it that we have all been fleeced all along by the MNCs while an Indian Brand has come and delivered the goods of the SAME quality at a genuine price? Guess these things will come to fore only after having driven the SUV for kinda long time- say about a year or so. Life is short. Better enjoyed today than later. Thus the decision to remove all doubts from the mind and book the car.

A word of caution: I was charged 1000Rs. extra since I had forgotten to take the cheque book and made payment by card. Guess this must be standard practice at all dealers- charging 2.5% of the transaction amount - 40,000INR in this case. So, do try and carry cash or cheque, else the XUV becomes expensive by another grand. I didnt wanna come back and wanted to book this then and there, so absorbed the loss with a wry smile. Others, take note and take care!

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2011, 17:13   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Pawan:Same case for me as well. I just came back from Koncept Auto NOIDA after giving the booking amount of 40,000- I booked a Moondust Silver W8. The same cancellation theory applies- 1000 Rs. will be deducted if vehicle is any color except Green and Purple, in which case, they will deduct 10,000Rs. Thats that! Congratulations to you mate!
Pune dealer is taking 50,000 INR as booking amount. I had asked my brother to book Moondust Silver, as I am out of India, but when my brother saw white color parked next to Moondust Silver and told me that white looks better, so I booked white.
Old 10th October 2011, 17:35   #2935
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess paying 1K now and booking is the safe bet today, but 10K to me would be a no no just to be safe. But each one thinks differently and when one sees a car that one really wants the decision is influenced by emotions.
Old 10th October 2011, 18:00   #2936
BHPian

There is one more reason to book it now, purple club is offered free of cost as of now, as well unlimited km warranty.
Old 10th October 2011, 18:09   #2937
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
There is one more reason to book it now, purple club is offered free of cost as of now, as well unlimited km warranty.
Somehow the unlimited kms (restriced to 3 years) is not too impressive. It should have been 4 or 5 years but then with the crowds jumping in with the pricing they don't require to. It is always a demand and supply situation even on the support aspects.
Old 10th October 2011, 18:14   #2938
Senior - BHPian

It's XUV's raining all around here. Saw a couple of them on the road in Navi Mumbai. Look better in flesh, however I still have the bulk & a higher driving position in my Scorpio.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 19:03   #2939
Oxy
BHPian

I think the biggest worry now for M&M would be that this might eat up into the Scorpio sales. That said, really fantastic pricing by them.

Hope Tata wakes up soon and reduces the price of the Aria by a good 50%. I don't see the Aria surviving if that does not happen.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:40   #2940
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to meet Dr.Pawan Goenka at the SAE conference in Chennai a few days back. I congratulated him on the XUV, saying it looks very impressive.

I mentioned how we were tracking the vehicle on T-BHP and he actually knew about it and said you guys managed to get some good spy pics as well !

I also obviously also made a point on the brilliant pricing and asked him if they are making money on it ! He replied, "Its a Mahindra policy to make money on everything we sell"...
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed